• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 27yankee

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2012
    Looking for a good cc firearm. Leaning towards a g26. Anyone else have any thing in mind about this size. Needs to me a 9mm. Thanks

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Well, you will not go wrong with the G26. It is easy to conceal just about anywhere on the body, but before you go plinking down 550-600 dollars on that gun you need to do your homework and see if the G26 is the right gun for you. Being able to handle the gun properly is priority to being able to carry it the way you want. There are many options out there to be considered before you buy. Take your time and do it as thorough as you can, you'll be happy you did in the end.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    The G26 is a great gun. I carry the G27, same size just in .40s&w and I love it. Some people think they are too thick sometimes, but I have never had an issue with it. If you want something thinner I would look at Kahr.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I have tried almost every polymer framed 9mm known to man (including Glocks, Walther, Springfield, M&P's, H&K's) and I finally settled on the Ruger SR9c as my primary IWB carry. Yes this is slightly larger than a G26, but it is a very good balance of size and weight vs firepower. The backup mag holds 17 rounds and the trigger is NICE right out of the box.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have a 27, and would recommend the 26. I'd also say that if you don't already have an investment in the Glock platform to check out the S&W M&P9c as an alternative.

If you decide to get a 26, then I would seriously look at a 19 for the next purchase, as you can share mags, holsters, etc. I have the 23 for that reason. (Up until recently I had a 21, which complemented my 30 in the same way).

Look at the purchase of a carry gun as the potential buy in to a platform/system and then decide. I think Glock or S&W would be good ones to look at if you are thinking in those terms.

Adamz04

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Fort wayne
    Glock 26, kahr pm9, would be my first two suggestions. I have a 26 and love it. I'm a small guy and it is a little thick for iwb carry but I do it. I have a kahr also and that thing is so much more comfy. Maybe check out the new sw shield

pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    I have a several small ccw guns, but I I could only have 1 it would be the Glock 26. It's small, lightweight, accurate and I have never have had a malfunction with it, and it can be reloaded with the larger glock magazines. The only downside is it is a little bit thicker then some other CCW guns.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    A good friend carries a G26 and I have a CM9. They are both excellent choices. The 26 is perhaps a bit "bulky" compared to the CM. You should try holding each and see if one appeals to you. Can't go wrong with either.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    I prefer the G26. Easy to shoot. Low recoil. Feeds on most all ammo. Accurate for it's size. Easy to maintain. Yes, a little bit bulky when CC...but you know what??? So am I :):

jgarst

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2012
    Tipton
    I have the m&p 9c and I love it. I went to the local gun shop and felt all my options. I chose the one that felt best in my hand. I would definitely go feel as many as you can. Maybe shoot a couple if it's possible.

Top Bottom