• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marshallartist

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Brownsburg
    The 26 is a great choice as long as you aren't planning on carrying in your pocket. I carried the 27 for over three years and it was a great CCW piece. Some will tell you that the 19 carries just as easily as the 26 but that's not been my experience (although the 19 is a great gun). The smaller "baby" Glocks are more comfortable to carry.

A couple of years ago I carried a S&W M&P9c and there are several things about this gun that I like better than the 26 but it is a little bigger being somewhere between the 26 and 19 in size but doesn't hold any more rounds.

These days I'm carrying the Kahr CM-9 and I highly recommend taking a look at it. Its small size makes it perfect for those situations where you want to go armed and be very discrete.

I don't have any personal experience with the following guns but they are all ones I would give some very serious consideration before making up my mind.
    Beretta PX4 sub-compact
    Beretta Nano
    Ruger LC9
    Sig P290 - Haven't even seen one of these yet but Sig has an excellent reputation
    Walther PPS - I really like this gun. I will add one of these to my collection as soon as I can afford to.
    Springfield XD Compact - I owned one of the long slide versions in .40 and loved it but have never fired the compact version.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I paid $430 for my XD9SC new from Bud's plus $25FFL. I got 3 free mags from Springfield. I can carry 16+1 and love the feel of it in my not-so-large hands. I'm pretty accurate with it too despite the short barrel length. Conceals in crossbreed well and comfortable. Is the Glock really $130 more expensive??

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I have the m&p 9c and I love it. I went to the local gun shop and felt all my options. I chose the one that felt best in my hand. I would definitely go feel as many as you can. Maybe shoot a couple if it's possible.

Don't just trust the feel. Know your guns too. One time I went to the gun store, and absolutely loved the way the S&W Sigma fit in my hand!

:rolleyes:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    The Kahr CM9 or PM9 is a great platform for a CCW and can hide anywhere you would be able to hide a .380 with more firepower and a much nicer shooting pistol. The Glock 26/27 platform is great as well, but if I am going to carry something that wide I carry something larger than a 9mm.

Lanser

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Evansville
    I'd recommend the SR9c or M&P 9c, but G26 is good too. I'd steer clear of the XD 9sc -- I have one, and I'm finding it to be too big, too top-heavy, and too prone to muzzle flip. :twocents:

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I just got my first Springfield XD 9 Subcompact last night, and I love it. It fits in my pocket, but it is a brick. I'm much more confident in it than any 380 or mouse gun though. I read that these perform as well at 25y as most full size pistols.

rustygunner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Columbus
    I'm looking for a new CCW for times when I can't really take my full sized pistol with me. Have a Kel-Tec PF-9 and a LCP currently, but I'm looking for something different.

Maybe Kahr PM9 or S&W shield if I can find one to look at.
    I'm leaning towards the Kahr currently.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Glock 26 is certainly good.

I think the CZ 75D is a great choice, I prefer it to the Glock 26. Its got an aluminum frame so its pretty lightweight. Same size as the Glock but the slide is a bit rounded in profile.

Also, if you would entertain a single stack gun the Para Carry9 with their excellent LDA trigger system is an easy to carry gun and I frequently have one is my holster.

FWIW, I own all 3 of the above guns, the Glock being my least used.

I'd add a Springfield EMP to my recommended list, but I don't own one, I have handled them and they are fine shooting. Roughly the same size as the Para Carry9.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I came home today from BGF with a new 40 S&W Berette PX4 Subcompact. I like everything about it so for. I've read many positive reports about the pistol and since I bought it for EDC it'll get the job done. My other small pistols are .380 Cal, which is not slouch, but a .40 Cal should be a little better.

Vv

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I am not what you would call a Glock guy, but I will have to admit my little G 26 won me over for a small easily concealable 9mm. I was amazed how well I can shoot it. If it fits you I would recommend it.

Dave

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I paid $430 for my XD9SC new from Bud's plus $25FFL. I got 3 free mags from Springfield. I can carry 16+1 and love the feel of it in my not-so-large hands. I'm pretty accurate with it too despite the short barrel length. Conceals in crossbreed well and comfortable. Is the Glock really $130 more expensive??

My 16 round xdsc 9 mag will hold 17 easy.... 17+1 and it is fairly new and there is still a little slack in it. I know a few other guys here have said they can also.

There are some fairly good deals out there on used but nice sc's, I have shot the glock 9 sc and don't mind it either.

I have gorilla hands so I had to put a gouge grip on it for better control with the short mag.

I paid like low 500 range for mine out the door brand new (od green and black) That was with all the gear and two mags.

Last edited:

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    I like the Walther PPS, and I've owned Kahrs, Kel Tecs, and a Nano. The PPS is very glocklike, but thinner. Shoots well for a small gun too.

Top Bottom