• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I like my Walther PPS for holster carry. Small, comfortable and shoots well. I believe that the price has come down since I got mine. My Keltec PF-9 is good for pocket carry, but there's a bit of variation in quality from gun to gun.

themadmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    I have a SR9c and really like it, would certainly recommend you check it out. At the end of the day how it feels in your hands is a question only you can answer. It carries well, I like the trigger and I am accurate with it. I have about 200-300 rounds though it so far with no FTF, FTE or other malfunctions. It was priced well and available at Bradis.

On the other end of the price spectrum I also have a HK USP Compact but in .40. It is a tank, will shoot any ammo I load in it and I have full confidence in it.

A technique to choosing what to get-which is what I did...go to Gander Mountain and handle a few compacts to narrow down your list then call the gun shops in your area using the list stickied here (preferably while still st Gander Mountain) to get more realistic prices and figure out where you'll be heading to make the final selection and purchase. :cool:

redhead

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Check out the newest version of the SIG 290RS, thats a nice compact 9 and with the grip ext it comes with makes it a good hands on package. Like others have said Kahr makes a nice compact slim gun for EDC. The PM9 is sweet.

Spazstick87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    i would look into a XDsub or XDm or if you can wait try and get an XDs single stack. I am waiting for this to come out myself. Right now I use a XD .45 Compact with a crossbreed holster.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    XD sc here. I have a G26 also, but am more accurate with the Springfield. Whatever feels good in your hand. XD also has the safety on the backstrap - an extra measure of protection that you don't need to think about. Also, you don't have to pull the trigger to tear it down (yeah, I know, make sure it's not loaded, but we know how that goes...).

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    The G26 is a great gun. I carry the G27, same size just in .40s&w and I love it. Some people think they are too thick sometimes, but I have never had an issue with it. If you want something thinner I would look at Kahr.
    I have both also and I think the 27 is more accurate. In fact it will stay up with my 23 from 5-20 yards. You can't ask any better than that. And I really do like the "smack" of the little 27 with 180 Gold Dots. If you get the 26 you will find that you can belt or ankle carry it equally well. It looks and feels good whether or not you're OCind or CCing.

Get the magazine pinky extension for carry. Then carry a spare 17 round mag for your reload. You can carry the mag in a pouch on your belt (or carry it in your pocket to impress the ladys. :D )

Top Bottom