SWAT Team invades home and kills dog for a joint.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    SWAT teams don't issue the warrants, they serve them. Warrants are issued by judges after hearing evidence presented by police as to why they want the warrant issued. Whatever the evidence was that was presented to the judge in the application for this warrant was deemed sufficient enough to issue the warrant. Don't take this next statement as defending the officers in this video because I am not: Sometimes after a warrant is issued evidence is moved/consumed/destroyed/etc and little or nothing is found during the serving of the warrant.

Sometimes after a warrant is SERVED evidence is moved/CONSUMED/PLANTED/etc and little or nothing is TURNED IN, AFTER the serving of the warrant.

^^^^^ fixed it :dunno:

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Now, hold on a minute. This thread seems a bit multiple-personality to me. Are we talking about: a) A guy guilty of a misdemeanor in his home has the door busted down by SWAT and live fire in his house or, b) this is a group hug for NORML?

My point is that the reaction to the crime was way out of proportion to the legal severity of the crime.

Was the guy an idiot for possessing and smoking pot around his kid? 100%. If he was really a dealer was that *beyond* stupid as a parent? 100%. Does he set a very poor example for his child and put his family at risk for negative legal consequences? Heck, yeah. Idiot.

But I still believe, based on what little we know and saw, that the crime of a misdemeanor amount of marijuana does not warrant the level of violence that we saw on that clip.

Does that mean I think y'all should "toke up" and "resist the mon 'cause Jah says the weed is a blessing?" Only if you're an idiot. If you feel strongly that marijuana must be legal, then "fix" the system through legislation or go somewhere that the community at large agrees with you and has passed laws to that effect.

I have it on good authority that my neighbor has copied a DVD that he got at RedBox. Wrong? Yep. Sets a bad example for the kids? Yep. Prosecuted? Well, ok. Do I believe it warrants having his door kicked in tonight and beset by a SWAT team that shoots his 11 year old Golden Retriever? Hardly.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Now, hold on a minute. This thread seems a bit multiple-personality to me. Are we talking about: a) A guy guilty of a misdemeanor in his home has the door busted down by SWAT and live fire in his house or, b) this is a group hug for NORML?

My point is that the reaction to the crime was way out of proportion to the legal severity of the crime.

Was the guy an idiot for possessing and smoking pot around his kid? 100%. If he was really a dealer was that *beyond* stupid as a parent? 100%. Does he set a very poor example for his child and put his family at risk for negative legal consequences? Heck, yeah. Idiot.

But I still believe, based on what little we know and saw, that the crime of a misdemeanor amount of marijuana does not warrant the level of violence that we saw on that clip.

Does that mean I think y'all should "toke up" and "resist the mon 'cause Jah says the weed is a blessing?" Only if you're an idiot. If you feel strongly that marijuana must be legal, then "fix" the system through legislation or go somewhere that the community at large agrees with you and has passed laws to that effect.

I have it on good authority that my neighbor has copied a DVD that he got at RedBox. Wrong? Yep. Sets a bad example for the kids? Yep. Prosecuted? Well, ok. Do I believe it warrants having his door kicked in tonight and beset by a SWAT team that shoots his 11 year old Golden Retriever? Hardly.

What movie?:dunno:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Maybe an Army Ranger snuck in and stole the evidence Army Rangers, medic arrested on drug, firearms charges - CNN.com

we are talking about sworn police officers here. yeah problems exist among soldiers, but you can hardly compare those crimes to ones committed by police in the coarse of their duties. the fact that you cant dicern a difference is not suprising to me. police have the official power to detain citizens. a soldier cannot (off base) without very specific orders that arent issued but RARELY.

you might as well posted an article about billy bob robbing floyd the drug dealer. same thing. or maybe you should have posted the article of the 3 IMPD officers arrested by the FBI for robbing drug dealers and re-selling the drugs???

you just posted it to get under my skin but it doesnt work. A True Ranger that lives by the Creed doesnt act like the article you posted. Just like a true police officer who honors his oath to the constitution doesnt act like what i posted. but as a citizen, Rangers are the least of our worries!!! POLICE are the ones we interact with in our daily lives and the ones who have the potential to trash our freedoms. one must wonder when seeing a police officer ..... " is this a good one or a bad one?" I DO! and im not even a criminal!

Last edited:

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North

He isn't any more of an idiot (fundamentally and health wise) than the guy who consumes alcohol around his kid. He is equally as stupid as a parent and sets just as bad of an example. The legal consequences are very different, however, for some odd reason. Ignorance? Yeah, I'm guessing ignorance is why there is such a legal difference.

Sometimes people with kids need to unwind and relax. Once their children get over the MADD and DARE bull**** and grow into adults, they will realize this.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    that's why i have fish, for some reason they never shoot the fish.:dunno:

And if you ever decide to move to wonderful San Fransisco, you can take your pet fish wish you, because fish will be the only pets allowed. Win win. ;)

On a more serious note, loony1 brings up a good point. Many of us here are worried about no-knock warrants and the police' addiction to shooting our dogs, so why don't we just put our dogs up in a fish tank at night so the cops think they are fish?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Maybe they were chasing drug dealer robbing Army Rangers

This is beyond disrespectful. Ranger Bats have some of the highest standards. Crooks like the one you mentioned, dont live by the ****** creed, and therefore cannot be a Ranger, Bat or qualified.

A Preacher preaching the glory of Satan cannot be a Christian.

Lay off attacking such a proud warrior community, which constantly raise the standard of what it means to be a Warrior.

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    Another successful POLICE ACTION by POLICE OFFICERS upon a citizen that damaged or harmed no ones life , liberty or property .. but the STATE'S WILL .. for this transgression you will be punished .
    I see that no PEACE OFFICERS were involved or came to the aid of the citizen taxpayers defense of his life liberty or property .

The Militarization of POLICE .
    Were some ordinary guys get Full Autos , explosives and high tech equipment - free training - then hope for a time and place to use them to see how good with them they can be - to experience the unspoken benefit of POLICE work -- The drug of choice - The Juice - Adrenaline .

" There is a reason why you should separate military and the police.
    One fights the enemy of the State.
    The other serves to protect the people.
    When the military becomes both.
    Then the enemies of the State tend to become the people. "

Commander William Adama

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN

There is no multiple personality here. The question asked was which you thought was more endangering. 1) An adult man smoking a joint in his OWN HOME...? (or) 2) A police SWAT team busting down the door and shooting both your dogs right in front of you...? (Only to find...a joint)

Does that mean I think y'all should "toke up" and "resist the mon 'cause Jah says the weed is a blessing?" Only if you're an idiot.

In order to RESIST "the mon" we have to go against what they (the government) are telling us to do. Therefore, we have another person (or group of people) telling us what is right and wrong. They are telling us what we can or can not do IN OUR OWN HOMES. Where is the freedom in that? So, like others stated...what has happened to our "Creator endowed rights"? I might be wrong, but the government DID NOT CREATE ME.

I'm not saying we should be free to do WHATEVER we choose, but if it is not affecting anyone else then leave it alone. This is government spending at its best..."the war on drugs" is just another excuse to hassle the citizens because some "reliable informant" THOUGHT there were drugs in the house....

If you feel strongly that marijuana must be legal, then "fix" the system through legislation or go somewhere that the community at large agrees with you and has passed laws to that effect.

You are absolutely right... our legislators should re-think the so called "war on drugs". This so called "war" costs the AMERICAN taxpayers (me and you) over $40 Billion (with a B) dollars a year. Economic Consequences of the War on Drugs

So just because our legislators say something is illegal, now we have to pay for them to "fight" this "war" for us... What will be the next thing we have to "fight"??? People with illegal "pets" or soda....https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...e_of_soda_considers_banning_sale_of_pets.html

The video is proof that our tax dollars are hard at work. I wonder how many other "bonehead busts" there have been... (i.e) waste of tax dollars

Last edited:

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Before someone jumps in with it, an "informant" is not just someone who calls the police up randomly and says "so and so has 50lbs of marijuana in his house". For information from an informant to be considered sufficient for a warrant that person must have demonstrated a pattern of providing information to the police which turned out to be truthful and resulted in or contributed to the success of prior investigations. An anonymous phone call doesn't get it done, far from it.

What about when the informants are paid, as in this case?

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    He isn't any more of an idiot (fundamentally and health wise) than the guy who consumes alcohol around his kid. He is equally as stupid as a parent and sets just as bad of an example. The legal consequences are very different, however, for some odd reason. Ignorance? Yeah, I'm guessing ignorance is why there is such a legal difference.

Healthwise, I don't disagree with you. Putting one's family in a situation that severe legal consequences are possible for sole satisfaction of one's own chemical desires... whether Scotch during Prohibition or marijuana currently, adds another facet to the irresponsible parent scenario.

Marijuana illegal? It does seem like a contradiction to the health dangers of cigarettes and alcohol. Do I smoke a cigar occasionally? Yep. I won't do it around the kids so as not to condone tobacco use and encourage their usage later. Beer? Yes, they see some level of social drinking. I homebrew as well.

Would they see marijuana usage or growing at home if it was legal? I can't say because it isn't legal and the potential repercussions to my family outweigh all incentive for me to break the law in this case.

I'm not questioning the safety or welfare issues of the chemical THC, particularly in contrast to alcohol and tobacco. I only question the wisdom of engaging in illegal activities that could affect my family.

Is the "war on drugs" overboard in prosecution and arrest for misdemeanor charges? In my opinion, yes. If I want to change that though, my avenue is to:

1) Not engage in the illegal activity while
    2) railing against authorities who use too much "force" when applying an arrest and then
    3) vote in politicians who are more apt to change the laws.

My quiver of response does not include active disobedience to the law that affects only my freedom to toke on a j. Maybe at 20 years old when I had little responsibility. At 41? I do my family a disservice.

There are exceptions where civil disobedience is appropriate. That is a decision to be weighed by each individual based on their personal views... Nazi Germany where innocents are being murdered? For me? Absolutely. Prohibition? Not worth it to me, especially when my family's welfare is my responsibility. Marijuana being illegal now? See the line above about prohibition.

Am I black and white with all of my views? Hardly... there are several areas of "gray" based on the situation.

So, in a nutshell regarding this particular incident:

Was the response far too aggressive, if we are only talking about an individual breaking the law by casual marijuana usage? Live fire in his home? Yeah... then again I don't know the rest of the story but I have knowledge of events that went down like that before where the only crime was misdemeanor amounts of marijuana.

Should he be shocked that there was a response at all (i.e., busted)? No. Would I, as a parent, knowingly put my family at risk by doing something illegal that only satisfies my own pleasure? I sure try not to.

So... what do y'all think of State's rights now? Some States, regulated prostitution is legal. Others, not. Alcohol sales on Sunday bad. Other States, okay. Marijuana in personal usage amounts? Switchblades? Knives over 4" in your pocket? 30 round magazines post-ban?

I do take issue, in our Free Country, that what is criminally wrong in one spot becomes ok as I pass over a State border. I get that it is an approach so that regional communities can have the "freedom" to fashion their society to one that makes them the most comfortable but...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom