• ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I like the school some of the kids are idiots though

I think I'd be more afraid of the administration than the students.

You are definitely young enough to not think twice about all of the crap the admin/board puts you through, but that's not the case at all with you.

You tell us about this **** on a regular basis...How could you like the school?

BTW, just out of curiosity what grade are you?

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    I think I'd be more afraid of the administration than the students.

You are definitely young enough to not think twice about all of the crap the admin/board puts you through, but that's not the case at all with you.

You tell us about this **** on a regular basis...How could you like the school?

BTW, just out of curiosity what grade are you?

My friends are there. Also you posted owned by a 7th grader in my UNICEF thread and it says 13 on my profile

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    skepticalHippo.jpg

Maybe they're trying to trick you into behaving?

Like when they told us they had cameras everywhere.....and then we found out there were no cameras.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    My friends are there. Also you posted owned by a 7th grader in my UNICEF thread and it says 13 on my profile

Yes, I remember.

I was just clarifying because there is a member here that said "oh yeah, I forgot how weird Indiana is" when told him I started my freshman year of high school at 14 and graduated when I just turned 18. He said that was old.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    If true, that is one SWAT team that has too much time on their hands.

Amen to that Denny! Since when is "the careful application of terror is also a form of communication" an acceptable way to teach our children right from wrong???? Especially at gun point??? I know the old saying that "Big Brother is Watching You" used to be popular back in the 60's and 70's, but really? Seriously? This is absurd! What was the behavior that triggered such stupidity on the schools part...."an act of terrorism" committed by the students?

That is the day I'd pull my child out of that school and either find another for him/her to attend, or start homeschooling them! :xmad:

7th Stepper

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    SWAT team? Sounds like a perfectly good use of resources. Got any news article or press release to back this up?

When I was in high school we had two paid uniformed police officers in the building at all times and they dealt with all the altercations, etc. We didn't think much of it at the time.

7th Stepper

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Indiana
    SWAT team? Sounds like a perfectly good use of resources. Got any news article or press release to back this up?

When I was in high school we had two paid uniformed police officers in the building at all times and they dealt with all the altercations, etc. We didn't think much of it at the time.

Same here when our daughter was in High School. There were 2 uniformed officers present at the school every day, and they pretty much kept the peace. (No pun intended) They were there for the regular school hours, as well as present for things like basketball, football, dances and things like that. But they were Sheriffs, and very mellow, basically student friendly guys. A lot of the kids as well as the parents knew them by their first names, and they were only called in when something REALLY wrong was going on. I remember one kid got busted for having Pot in his locker, and in her Junior year they had rumors of a kid who was threatening to bring a rifle to school, due to an altercation between a couple of kids.

We heard about it before the school admin did, and WE were the ones who phoned it in to the Sheriffs Dept. Funny thing was, we phoned it in while we were in Arizona! Our daughter tells us everything, and when she heard rumors of it, she phoned us right away, knowing we'd know what to do, and then do it. She was staying with our next door neighbor at the time, and they were unaware of what was going on. When she did tell them, they blew it off as "just a rumor". WE took it seriously, considering the number of school shootings in the years she attended, and the last thing we wanted, was to have her harmed in any way, shape or form.

It turned out that one of the students in fact DID bring a rifle to school the next day, (if I remember, it was either a BB gun, or a 22) under a long coat that he was wearing. He barely made it off the bus before they nabbed him. No one found out who called it in, we didn't want to risk any backlash against her for telling us what was going on. The boy was mentally challenged, and had pretty severe anger issues, but they got to him and got him the help he needed before anyone got hurt.

But a swat team???? Pulleeasssee! That's a case of "overkill". (Pun intended.) So what is it now days? Go to school and "be afraid...be very afraid...if the students don't get you, the admin will!"

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    You guys realize that right here in town IPS has had it's own armed police department patrolling the schools for years, right?

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    We had two uniformed officers when I was in HS. We called them Andy and Barney. There were occasions, like the time a procession of uniformed officers came through and arrested a kid out of the classroom (as a jewel thief if you would believe it) but we didn't have anything that needed the continuing presence of a SWAT team. More of the zero tolerance overreaction, if you ask me. No brain necessary, easy to get them to buy in and spend the money.

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    In all likelihood it won't be an everyday thing. When I went to school, the admin would have a drug team sweep through with dogs to check for drugs and whatnot during the pep rallies. That was the only reason we had pep rallies really. Either that or the state is shelling out for a private security firm to come in and LOOK like swat. It would be interesting to see if they spring for bringing the apc in the parking lot for shock value. That would be sweeeeeeeeeet!

winstonsmith84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    Middletown
    Could it just have been the regular school security with some new black nylon crap on?

I lived in Houston for a while and our HS had armed school police/security type guys in the late 80's. Meh. We needed it. There had been a shooting the year before and a ton fights and knife incidents. Supposed to have been a good school too.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Either it was a very poorly thought-out threat by school staff, or this is a hoax thread. I'm not buying it.

Yep, I'm not buying this with the fake hundo mrortega saw me trying to use while carrying out his 3rd day in a row of Paul Blart, World Police.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Yep, I'm not buying this with the fake hundo mrortega saw me trying to use while carrying out his 3rd day in a row of Paul Blart, World Police.

Wait you say you don't believe me? I'm gomna try to find a press release. Also a cop spoke to us and said the area around the school is a big crime area he also says the worst part is the cops will be bored Because no one will do anything cause they know they'll be caught so they will arrest everyomr in sight or something like that

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Wait you say you don't believe me? I'm gomna try to find a press release. Also a cop spoke to us and said the area around the school is a big crime area he also says the worst part is the cops will be bored Because no one will do anything cause they know they'll be caught so they will arrest everyomr in sight or something like that

I'm saying IF it happened, they're trying to use a scare tactic. If the school is that bad, they'd be bringing in metal detectors and armed security. If the neighborhood is that bad, upping patrols in the area would make much more sense than sending the SWAT team to a middle or high school.

Top Bottom