• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    I like all of those guys in the video. It seemed a bit like a plug for Sig sponsorship…which is fine…I get it. DJ does a pocket dump with a Glock 19 and can be commonly found running an Agency Arms Glock. Forget the name on the slide and absorb some of the tips and techniques they were describing! As with all guns, comes down to personal preference.

sixGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2020
    Grabill
    Exactly why I have reservations about another Glock, that damn grip angle. No matter how many times I've shot them and the numerous ones I've owned it's never pointed naturally no matter how much I've tried. Draw, point, always off. I like the P320, but I wonder about all the lawsuits.

This is a good read for the sight usage debate. Vision Under Stress

Prepping the trigger for SD? Not for me. My reason? I've been in one situation that changed everything I thought for almost a decade. It's also the reason why I don't carry a 1911 anymore. I'll never have a manually disabled safety on a handgun ever again. Everything you think you know, have trained for goes right out the window when the fight or flight adrenaline starts flowing. Strength, vision, muscle memory, it all goes haywire. I don't care how long you've trained.

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That was a really interesting video. Coincidentally, I've sold 6 Glocks this year and invested in Sigs, but my Sigs are older than the plastic fantastic stuff they were running.

He makes a really good point about instinctive shooting. Ive always put time into practicing point, or in their terms, instinctive shooting because if i am ever attacked, there's a really good chance that I'll be focused on the target instead of the front sight.

Also, did I hear him say they ran without iron sights?

Lpherr

Occupied
    Exactly why I have reservations about another Glock, that damn grip angle. No matter how many times I've shot them and the numerous ones I've owned it's never pointed naturally no matter how much I've tried. Draw, point, always off. I like the P320, but I wonder about all the lawsuits.

Prepping the trigger for SD? Not for me. My reason? I've been in one situation that changed everything I thought for almost a decade. It's also the reason why I don't carry a 1911 anymore. I'll never have a manually disabled safety on a handgun ever again. Everything you think you know, have trained for goes right out the window when the fight or flight adrenaline starts flowing. Strength, vision, muscle memory, it all goes haywire. I don't care how long you've trained.
    I have the same concerns. See the post here. https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/sig-p320.515868/

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central

This is why whatever sidearm one carries is absolutely an individual decision. Not everyone likes the Glock grip, and there are those who do and shoot better than fine with it. No one can exhort anyone else to buy and carry any firearm simply because it`s what works for them, what fits well in the hand and points naturally for one may not for another. Personally, I love Glocks and they point and shoot very well for me, but there are an awful lot of very good handguns to choose from. It`s absolutely up to each individual shooter.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Picking a gun is like picking a spouse. What works for one might mean the death of another. They touch on finding the right gun in that video.

Their discussion of finding the wall is interesting too. When I was into Glocks, I used a Glock factory + connector in many of my guns. What it cost in terms of an added touch of trigger weight was more than made up for by giving a wall instead of the smooth mush that most seem to like

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

Vision under stress is a really good read

sixGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2020
    Grabill
    This is why whatever sidearm one carries is absolutely an individual decision. Not everyone likes the Glock grip, and there are those who do and shoot better than fine with it. No one can exhort anyone else to buy and carry any firearm simply because it`s what works for them, what fits well in the hand and points naturally for one may not for another. Personally, I love Glocks and they point and shoot very well for me, but there are an awful lot of very good handguns to choose from. It`s absolutely up to each individual shooter.
    I agree, run what is good for the individual. For some the angle is fine and I wish it were me. Some chop the Glock grip. I've even tried those Grip Force beavertails and even chopped a stock beavertail. I've got a lot of rounds on the 1911 platform and others. Glocks were unique in that design and I just couldn't get past it. I wish I could have, there is a lot of them, magazines are "cheap" and it's a one platform basically does it all. At the end of the day, for me, close eyes, present, open eyes and I always have to dip the front down. Some comedian said once, and I can't remember who, but it was like misaligned headlights on a car, "It's like I'm looking for VC up in the trees."

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    That was a really interesting video. Coincidentally, I've sold 6 Glocks this year and invested in Sigs, but my Sigs are older than the plastic fantastic stuff they were running.

He makes a really good point about instinctive shooting. Ive always put time into practicing point, or in their terms, instinctive shooting because if i am ever attacked, there's a really good chance that I'll be focused on the target instead of the front sight.

Also, did I hear him say they ran without iron sights?
    Most reputable MRDS courses show you the technique. For those of us that have been around it’s no different than back in the Jim Cirillo days he looked at the back of the cylinder and saw equal torso on both sides and he was good. Sighted fire was more for the 15 20 or 30 yard mark

A lot of techniques get lost and then regurgitated as new uncharted stuff by hipster instructors (not implying these guys Glover and his gang are not in that category) but the YouTube amateurs raising their internet profiles

Just now with Glocks/Strikers and RDS your looking at a back plate versus a cylinder.

It it takes practice which unfortunately most don’t put the time in

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Whether you choose the Glock or not, everyone should shoot them enough to get over their "grip angle" fixation. The Glock is the gun most likely you will have to fight with, in the absence of your own.
    In what situations do you envision having to fight with a battle field pick-up? How often do you presume it actually happens in real life?

I have my own theories and potential scenarios on when it might be required. I have no idea how realistic they might actually be. I do know that from a concealed carrier / armed citizen scenario it almost never happens.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    In what situations do you envision having to fight with a battle field pick-up? How often do you presume it actually happens in real life?

I have my own theories and potential scenarios on when it might be required. I have no idea how realistic they might actually be. I do know that from a concealed carrier / armed citizen scenario it almost never happens.

Use your gun in a self defense shooting tonight. Wake up tomorrow and realize that you are now unarmed.

You put the word out to INGO buddies that you need a loaner carry gun NOW. What's the liklihood what will be offered will be a Glock?

Just lemme know, I'll meet you day or night with my backup G19... ;)

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    When I took my basic NRA class they had a table full of guns and had us handle and point each one, funny but the p226 felt most normal to me and the Glock felt the least natural. All this talk about natural point and grip angle, I wonder how different they would hit the target from a typical self defense range?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    They would hit the same, as long as you used proper marksmanship.

That’s kind of what they were talking about. Find the right gun that fits you and under stress, proper marksmanship comes more naturally. If that gun is a Glock for you, then that is what you will have the easiest time using when the stress is cranked to 11.

The Glock was not all I shot, so I struggled with the angle. My only remaining Glock has a grip adapter that makes it point more similar to other guns I own. The CZ, 1911 and Sigs feel right to me and when I practice drawing with a Sig, eyes closed, the sights are lined up when I open them.

Top Bottom