• ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Ahem. :)

Not sure if I should get me a handicap placard now, since I don't regularly shoot Glocks anymore.

:):
    Pretty sure you can just take a couple of 6 inch scrap pieces of 2 x 4, miter cut the end of one at about 30º and attach to the other to achieve a trainer to retain that Glock feel

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm not necessarily advocating this USCCA gent, but this video might have some merit for those who cannot seem to grasp Glocks. I actually think it's a Bob Vogel like grip he is using to hold down recoil and secure a solid grip for follow up shots to not push down.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I'm not necessarily advocating this USCCA gent, but this video might have some merit for those who cannot seem to grasp Glocks. I actually think it's a Bob Vogel like grip he is using to hold down recoil and secure a solid grip for follow up shots to not push down.

This wasn’t bad advice but he omitted a couple things I have seen specifically with Glocks.

Due to Glocks grip angle (all strikers have this to a point but seems more with Glocks) and I say this from seeing Agency wide training with a lot of new first time or only at qualification gun shooters.

What I’ve seen is 1 most folks don’t put enough finger on the trigger so the finger is hooked that the muzzle thus impact goes left or right (depending on what hand they are)

And 2 some folks don’t have a tight enough grip and tighten up right as the shot breaks then the muzzle dips thus low impacts. Not as low as a full out anticipation but that usually combines with #1 cause that low left or right (again depending on hand)

So more (deeper) finger on the trigger and tighter grip correct more shooters than it doesn’t.

SamTrammell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Columbus
    People overthink this. I'm free to say that, as I once did the same.

Run what you'd like.

If you're spending more time buying and selling than shooting, training and practicing in meaningful ways, then you're doing it wrong anyways.
    Excellent point. Jerry Miculek has an expression that applies here "Shut up and shoot"

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I can not shoot a Glock good and fast with hits but my son can. I have carried a 1911 style pistol for 60 plus years. That is what works for me. I have used it in Uncle Sam's behalf and never had a problem with the Safety or pulling the trigger. My son likes the Glock but he started shooting it at 9 or 10. My real favorite is an 1851Colt Navy but not real good for today.

If not a 1911 today then a Sig 229

Top Bottom