Take my Soc. Sec, I'll get a gun and go to war!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    Going to war so that you may continue to steal your children and grandchildren's money. Bravo.

To be fair, if he's paid into the system then he's not actually "stealing" his children and grandchildren's money. Each generation pays for the one before it under the current system (not that I agree with it mind you, but the point being is he is not "stealing" that money).

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    This is exactly right. I am only 34, and I don't expect to see any money from SS. However, I don't slight anyone who wants to get their money back.

The government was supposed to be investing this money so they could pay it back. They did this so they could make us pay more money in taxes without calling it taxes. Unfortunately, they took every penny of it and spent it.

Since they called it more of a retirement plan, it isn't an entitlement, the senior citizens have real claim to it. This is the senior citizens' money.

On another note, Social Security cannot lawfully be witheld because the government is broke. Obama can't lawfully withold checks from people who contributed to the system just because the debt ceiling has been met.

The seniors voted for the politicians who spent their money. My 9 year old daughter didn't. But those same seniors have zero problems enslaving my daughter and her future children to pay for their actions.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    This is for all of you naysayers...

Forget about how it is paid for, look at it like a pension.

If you worked for a company all of your life and had money taken out for your pension, you would expect to get it right? If you retired and the company refused to pay your pension, you would probably take them to court right? I thought so...

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    The seniors voted for the politicians who spent their money. My 9 year old daughter didn't. But those same seniors have zero problems enslaving my daughter and her future children to pay for their actions.

But if the system lasts that long, are you going to take the money you get from SS and give it back? Are you going to refuse your check?

This is money you paid in your whole life. What are you going to do with it?

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    What about all of the seniors that rely on that money? The money that was promised to them.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    This is for all of you naysayers...

Forget about how it is paid for, look at it like a pension.

If you worked for a company all of your life and had money taken out for your pension, you would expect to get it right? If you retired and the company refused to pay your pension, you would probably take them to court right? I thought so...

Then take to task those who had a hand in wasting away your pension, not my 9 year old daughter. The seniors have handed their posterity a country in far worse shape then in which they inherited it. My goal is to give my daughter an inheritance that is larger than what I was given.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    What about all of the seniors that rely on that money? The money that was promised to them.

And money is promised to me. Big whoop. Why don't you allow people who are currently working take money and help their owb family members out? I would be more than happy to help my G'ma out with money not being taken out of my check. Would you?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    The problem is there isn't enough money to sustain it. And everyone keeps asking for money. I see the point that you're mad but see the point that your money that you put in has been long gone.

Try that line of reasoning with your credit card companies. Sorry... I can't pay back the money I took from you because I irresponsibly spent it all on a bunch of crap. It's long gone.

The money being gone is due to our government's fiscal irresponsibility, which doesn't alleviate their obligation to return what they took from us by force. They took it, promised to be better caretakers than us, and they better keep their word, or I'll support and stand beside every angry curmudgeon out there when the time comes.

Now Medicare/Medicaid on the other hand...

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    It isn't about whether I've saved on my own or not.

They took my money by force and promised to return it. It's not an "entitlement"; it's MY money and I want it.

Social Security was set up in the early last century with the idea that the government would take your money and keep it safe for you until you retired at or around age 65 (or so). At that time the average life expectancy was the same age, so when FDR signed it into law, the idea was the government would get the windfall of stolen money when the person died too early to start collecting. Most people had no choice and were forced into it.

I have had money stolen from my paycheck all my life. There is the amount you can see, but there is also a hidden amount stolen from your company equal to what was stolen from you. I expect to start receiving it back as promised when I reach that magic age as determined by my wonderful caring government.

It is not my children's money that I want back, it is my hard earned money that was taken from both me directly and me indirectly through my employer.

Oh, and for the record, I have saved wisely not expecting or banking on getting my own money back, and am currently retired, 4 years before being able to receive my social security money back. I am living off my investments without a penny from the govenment. Funny, but the govenment is still stealing from me, taking taxes from my money that I invested wisely as I withdraw it to live on.

This is exactly right. I am only 34, and I don't expect to see any money from SS. However, I don't slight anyone who wants to get their money back.

The government was supposed to be investing this money so they could pay it back. They did this so they could make us pay more money in taxes without calling it taxes. Unfortunately, they took every penny of it and spent it.

Since they called it more of a retirement plan, it isn't an entitlement, the senior citizens have real claim to it. This is the senior citizens' money.

On another note, Social Security cannot lawfully be witheld because the government is broke. Obama can't lawfully withold checks from people who contributed to the system just because the debt ceiling has been met.

There are a couple of problems with this reasoning. First, they spent all your money. It's all gone. I didn't spend it and my daughter didn't spend it. "They" are the politicians your generation and previous generations elected. So, your money was stolen by the politicians who knew better than to try to reform the system because those who did got promptly voted out by people like you and those who came before you.

Now that the money is all gone and we've reached a point where current and future generations aren't big enough to pay for what was stolen from you long ago, you want these future generations to pay your way.

You guys let them steal your money, and your solution is to steal from people who will be forced to pay into a system they'll never see a dime of. You're sayin, "Hey, sorry about that, but they stole from me, so I'm going to steal from you. I'll be dead when you retire, so what's it to me? Sorry your generation didn't have more children, then you could take their retirement money."

There is no "they" now. The "they" who made those promises and stole from you are dead and gone. The "they" who you think owe you now, are me and my daughter. And I don't really understand how I owe you anything.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    But if the system lasts that long, are you going to take the money you get from SS and give it back? Are you going to refuse your check?

This is money you paid in your whole life. What are you going to do with it?

I'm 34. Do you think I'll see a ss check? I have zero faith that I'll get a dime from my 401k as the gov already wants to confiscate it. Of course they'll do it for our own good. Then they'll spend it and repacr it with ious just like they did ss.

If you pay a contractor to do work on your house and he skips out on you, are your neighbors responsible to make you whole? My daughter bears ZERO responsibilty for the scam perpetrated on the seniors.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Try that line of reasoning with your credit card companies. Sorry... I can't pay back the money I took from you because I irresponsibly spent it all on a bunch of crap. It's long gone.

The money being gone is due to our government's fiscal irresponsibility, which doesn't alleviate their obligation to return what they took from us by force. They took it, promised to be better caretakers than us, and they better keep their word, or I'll support and stand beside every angry curmudgeon out there when the time comes.

Now Medicare/Medicaid on the other hand...

I don't buy things I don't have money for and save money myself.

There are a couple of problems with this reasoning. First, they spent all your money. It's all gone. I didn't spend it and my daughter didn't spend it. "They" are the politicians your generation and previous generations elected. So, your money was stolen by the politicians who knew better than to try to reform the system because those who did got promptly voted out by people like you and those who came before you.

Now that the money is all gone and we've reached a point where current and future generations aren't big enough to pay for what was stolen from you long ago, you want these future generations to pay your way.

You guys let them steal your money, and your solution is to steal from people who will be forced to pay into a system they'll never see a dime of. You're sayin, "Hey, sorry about that, but they stole from me, so I'm going to steal from you. I'll be dead when you retire, so what's it to me? Sorry your generation didn't have more children, then you could take their retirement money."

There is no "they" now. The "they" who made those promises and stole from you are dead and gone. The "they" who you think owe you now, are me and my daughter. And I don't really understand how I owe you anything.

/\ :yesway:

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Then take to task those who had a hand in wasting away your pension, not my 9 year old daughter. The seniors have handed their posterity a country in far worse shape then in which they inherited it. My goal is to give my daughter an inheritance that is larger than what I was given.

The thing is, we all benefitted from the money that was taken out of our checks since the beginning of SS. Whether it was used for road construction or military defense or anything inbetween. We all benefitted from the money that was "wasted". Don't you think that we all should play a part in paying it back to those who had it taken from their checks?

I am prepared for SS to stop right now, and I will help my family in any way I can. There are people out there that rely on that money and have no other place to go.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Don't let emotions get in the way of right and wrong.

It's not as clear cut as you guys are making it.

It would be really easy for me to go along with you guys and say "To hell with SS". I could then close my eyes to all of the seniors that had their money stolen to our benefit. I can't do that though.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    It's not as clear cut as you guys are making it.

It would be really easy for me to go along with you guys and say "To hell with SS". I could then close my eyes to all of the seniors that had their money stolen to our benefit. I can't do that though.

But steal from those that are now paying in to cover up a mistake? I can't do that.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'm 34. Do you think I'll see a ss check? I have zero faith that I'll get a dime from my 401k as the gov already wants to confiscate it. Of course they'll do it for our own good. Then they'll spend it and repacr it with ious just like they did ss.

If you pay a contractor to do work on your house and he skips out on you, are your neighbors responsible to make you whole? My daughter bears ZERO responsibilty for the scam perpetrated on the seniors.

I wouldn't just let the contractor skip out and say "sorry... I don't have the money." Would you? I'd sue his a**, take everything I could, and even put his kids on the street if I had to.

One way or another I'll either have my money, or I'll have my pound of flesh. And as I said above, I'll stand with the angry curmudgeons who were stolen from their whole lives because I, too, have been stolen from my whole life and I'm not giving them the option to just say "f*** you too bad!".

And as of this week YOUR politicians are still stealing it.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    But steal from those that are now paying in to cover up a mistake? I can't do that.

Or, maybe you could pay for all of the federal activy that has happened since 1935. WWII, interstate highways, Korea, Vietnam, NASA, Gulf War...

I know that SS didn't pay for all of them, but you have to admit, it contributed...

Top Bottom