Take my Soc. Sec, I'll get a gun and go to war!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    What percentage?

Edit: Regardless of % does it make it right? That's the whole problem with todayit was taken wrongfully from elders who voted for it now they are wrongfully taking it from this generation..and the next. People have to look at right and wrong and put their "opinion" aside.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    What percentage?

However much the government stole. I know it sucks and I do not advocate redistribution of wealth or anything of the sort, but we owe it to our seniors.

You can't act like we didn't get anything out of the money that was stolen from them.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    However much the government stole. I know it sucks and I do not advocate redistribution of wealth or anything of the sort, but we owe it to our seniors.

You can't act like we didn't get anything out of the money that was stolen from them.

No I can't but I don't see in two wrongs making a right do you?

That's what they're trying to do. We both agree it was a bad system. You just think that money from the next generations should continue to be stolen from until they get nothing and I think it should end right now to avoid that mess.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    No I can't but I don't see in two wrongs making a right do you?

That's what they're trying to do. We both agree it was a bad system. You just think that money from the next generations should continue to be stolen from until they get nothing and I think it should end right now to avoid that mess.

I don't have a problem with me personally not getting anything. There should be a cutoff so the people have warning to prepare for their retirements without SS being part of their income. I could see cutting it off 10-15 years from now, but I can't see stopping it and leaving these seniors that depend on it assed out.

It is a bad system - criminal in fact.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    It has to stop at some point because it literally can't be sustained. I KNOW I'll won't get all my money back. Why should someone else get all of theirs? Actually, most recipients now get way more back than they put in. We will have to have a cut off point where someone gets screwed. What I hear previous generations saying, just as they've been saying, "Whatever, I want mine. You guys give me all mine, and worry about your own."

I'm not saying cut anyone off tomorrow. I'm saying the problem has been well known for many years. What's so sacred about the people who have it now as opposed to the people who won't get it in the future? Let's share the burden so there's some for everyone. Unfortunately, some of the current recipients will share the screwing.

How is that unfair?

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I don't have a problem with me personally not getting anything. There should be a cutoff so the people have warning to prepare for their retirements without SS being part of their income. I could see cutting it off 10-15 years from now, but I can't see stopping it and leaving these seniors that depend on it assed out.

It was a bad system - criminal in fact.

But if you stop it 10-15 years seniors will be complaining about the same thing then? :dunno:

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    It's not as clear cut as you guys are making it.

Actually yes it is. SS is a flawed system that is to far gone to be fixed. So kill it and let the fellow man help each other and don't rely on the .gov to do it for you.

What I read from your comments is you are too lazy to help people yourself so you would rather the .gov confiscate your money and then "help" people. Why not keep the money yourself and help someone out on your own. or would that be to much work for you to do?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    It is my understanding that the first ious were put in the ss fund to pay for the Viet Nam war. I wasn't alive then. I started voting in 1996. My 9 year old daughter certainly hasn't voted for any of the government largesse that has created this mess. How many elections have the seniors partaken in? How many times did they vote for the crooks that created this mess? And somehow you believe my daughter is more responsible for the ss mess than those seniors who voted for or allowed this to happen.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    If you tell the 45-50 year olds now that they won't get it and they need to prepare, they will complain, but they will have time to prepare. It's not like a SS check is a whole lot of money anyway.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    It is my understanding that the first ious were put in the ss fund to pay for the Viet Nam war. I wasn't alive then. I started voting in 1996. My 9 year old daughter certainly hasn't voted for any of the government largesse that has created this mess. How many elections have the seniors partaken in? How many times did they vote for the crooks that created this mess? And somehow you believe my daughter is more responsible for the ss mess than those seniors who voted for or allowed this to happen.

It's more than that even, Hornady. They ruthless and mercilessly voted out anyone who made a peep about reform. They aggressively created this political climate. The politicians would have reformed SS already if the voters had wanted it.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    What I read from your comments is you are too lazy to help people yourself so you would rather the .gov confiscate your money and then "help" people. Why not keep the money yourself and help someone out on your own. or would that be to much work for you to do?

You should re-read my comments then. If you are just trying to get up my dander, then you will have to try harder than that.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    If you tell the 45-50 year olds now that they won't get it and they need to prepare, they will complain, but they will have time to prepare. It's not like a SS check is a whole lot of money anyway.

My dad is 51. He is a small business owner who worked his ass off to get where he is and understands he won't be able to retire because he can't afford it. He would rather have SS collapse now so I don't waste my time putting money in like he did. That's looking out for the future generations.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

Personally, I am all for Crashing the SS System today. Just stopping it cold, no more payments in, no more payments out...

If you have failed to plan for YOUR future, well life is tough...

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    It's more than that even, Hornady. They ruthless and mercilessly voted out anyone who made a peep about reform. They aggressively created this political climate. The politicians would have reformed SS already if the voters had wanted it.

Yep, I say all AARP members should be the first to get cut from the ss roles.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    As I recall, the average age of senators/reps is a little higher than 35, matter of fact its around 60. So explain how "my generation" is frittering away your money again?

Your generation voted for them just like everyone else. And they took my money and spent it on things that, to an extent, benefitted YOU.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Going to war so that you may continue to steal your children and grandchildren's money. Bravo.

I don't know this guy so I don't know if he paid taxes and SS and what his investment return ratio is.

Having said that, when the baby boomers were kids, their parents were putting money into a VOLUNTARY RETIREMENT FUND. Wanna guess what this was called? Right, social security. Every Demacratic president since the initiation of the Soc Sec has stolen or changed the rules on it until it is pretty much a tax and an entitlement. Basically, some people who are now collecting SS thought of it like we think of a 401 k. It is what they have left now that they are not working anymore (assuming they did in the first place...)

If the government took your 401k (as they will) and then told you they gave most of it away to illegals and other entitlement programs and that you weren't going to get anymore, what would you do?

Personally, I am all for Crashing the SS System today. Just stopping it cold, no more payments in, no more payments out...

If you have failed to plan for YOUR future, well life is tough...

Jeremy, I agree. except that several of these seniors DID contribute to Soc Sec, as I just explained. The problem is that many many many people that never contributed to it are now recieving it. These people get it as they would any other entitlement, stolen from tax payers/social security investors, while those of us that contribute watch our "retirement" pay for illegal aliens to have free cell phones. Enjoy the future.

Top Bottom