Take my Soc. Sec, I'll get a gun and go to war!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Yada,yada.yada,etc.....etc.!

I'm 34. Do you think I'll see a ss check? I have zero faith that I'll get a dime from my 401k as the gov already wants to confiscate it. Of course they'll do it for our own good. Then they'll spend it and repacr it with ious just like they did ss.

The current bunch of crooks in DC is the government and the politicians YOU and your generation voted for. What are YOU doing about it? You have as much power over what the politicians are doing to us as the previous generation did and I am not seeing any improvement in the system since you began voting. I hear a lot of ranting on both sides here, but that's all I hear, useless rants. If you are not part of the solution then it follows that you are probably part of the problem. :)

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I have had money stolen from my paycheck all my life. There is the amount you can see, but there is also a hidden amount stolen from your company equal to what was stolen from you. I expect to start receiving it back as promised when I reach that magic age as determined by my wonderful caring government.

It is not my children's money that I want back, it is my hard earned money that was taken from both me directly and me indirectly through my employer.

If you expect your money back by getting social security payments, you are stealing it from your children.

Just like our parents are stealing our money today.

Most people wrongly believe that the money taken under the FICA/SS withholding is going into some sort of account.

It isn't. ALL MONEY COLLECTED FROM FICA/SS withholding goes into the GENERAL FUND. Read it again.

Social Security "payments" are made via the general fund. Not some sort of account or anything else.

YOU (and I) have NEVER PAID A SINGLE PENNY INTO SOCIAL SECURITY! Ever.

Sorry, that's the cold hard facts. Just because some idiot in accounting or on the TV made you (and me up until a couple years ago) BELIEVE something, does NOT make it true.

Now that we have settled that, it's time to come up with a solution.

End ALL withholdings. Who will make payments to those still on welfare? errr I mean social security, who will pay for those on social security? Well if we can spend trillions bailing out wallstreet, banks and insurance companies, why can't we bail out social security?

I have to ask, if some people are so willing to go to war over losing their welfare, why aren't there people willing to go to war over the theft of their money too?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    That's the problem - SS was part of the plan for many Americans.

So everyone is responsible to make whole those who get conned? Great! I sent a sizable check to secure my inheritance from my Nigerian Royal ancestry. It's been 5 years now so I think I've been duped. YOU owe it to me to make me whole again.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I'm 34. Do you think I'll see a ss check? I have zero faith that I'll get a dime from my 401k as the gov already wants to confiscate it. Of course they'll do it for our own good. Then they'll spend it and repacr it with ious just like they did ss.

The current bunch of crooks in DC is the government and the politicians YOU and your generation voted for. What are YOU doing about it? You have as much power over what the politicians are doing to us as the previous generation did and I am not seeing any improvement in the system since you began voting. I hear a lot of ranting on both sides here, but that's all I hear, useless rants. If you are not part of the solution then it follows that you are probably part of the problem. :)

No because SS is treated as entitlement since when it was first voted in. It will only stop once SS stops.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    So everyone is responsible to make whole those who get conned? Great! I sent a sizable check to secure my inheritance from my Nigerian Royal ancestry. It's been 5 years now so I think I've been duped. YOU owe it to me to make me whole again.

The only problem with your reasoning is that you got benefits from all of these Trillions af dollars that were stolen from your fellow americans. You are part of the problem.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

I am one of the few who realizes that our country is too far gone to fix it. I no longer pull the R lever at the ballot box and believe that the ballot box is a solution to the problems we face.

Who is John Galt?

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    How much money have the current seniors received from SS compared to how much they put in? Last I saw most SS receipients had received far more from the fund then they put in by the time they died. Since we know the money never earned interest or kept up with inflation it was always doomed to run out of money if the labor force ever dropped in size. It is after all a Ponzi scheme.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The only problem with your reasoning is that you got benefits from all of these Trillions af dollars that were stolen from your fellow americans. You are part of the problem.

I'm not the one with my hand out to the government begging for anything. If you've read enough of my posts, you'd know that I want almost zero government at all levels. I'm one of the few here on a mostly conservative gun board who rails against city welfare to the Indianapolis Colts. Many of these same conservatives on this board chastise me for doing so because they love the Colts and that particular slice of welfare benefits their interests. Whether it benefits me or not, I'm against it.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield

Benefits? Really? Please, name one thing that the Federal Government has done to benefit me.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I'm not the one with my hand out to the government begging for anything. If you've read enough of my posts, you'd know that I want almost zero government at all levels. I'm one of the few here on a mostly conservative gun board who rails against city welfare to the Indianapolis Colts. Many of these same conservatives on this board chastise me for doing so because they love the Colts and that particular slice of welfare benefits their interests. Whether it benefits me or not, I'm against it.

Gotta say you are consistent with your arguments in which I respect and agree with. :yesway:

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    How much money have the current seniors received from SS compared to how much they put in? Last I saw most SS receipients had received far more from the fund then they put in by the time they died. Since we know the money never earned interest or kept up with inflation it was always doomed to run out of money if the labor force ever dropped in size. It is after all a Ponzi scheme.

Well, as I posted above, it started as an investment which was SUPPOSED to grow. That would be like saying that seniors shouldn't collect more on their 401k than they put in. What about inflation?

What they need to say is "you put none in--you get none out." And by the way anyone certain age and younger will no longer contribute or expect a payout. Of course, that will just hasten the takeover of the 401k....

Top Bottom