Tavor SAR vs. X95--Which Is Better & Why?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    +1 for the 9mm conversion. I bought one used for my Tavor and it is really fun. Interestingly, the recoil compared to 5.56 feels the same. It isn't that the 9mm feels like heavy recoil, but the opposite. I find the 5.56 to have surprisingly little recoil. I've also found the 9mm conversion to be more accurate than I thought it would be. Anyway, it allows for lots of cheap shooting with Perfecta brass ammo at under 10 bucks a box. It also allows for Friday Night Steel! Can't beat it! I've found myself shoothing it in 9mm form about 95 percent of the time. This Spring, after a round of FNS, I'm going to throw the 5.56 back in there and play with that for awhile. I also still have to wire up the hand guard button for my TLR-1 weapon light. It will be a slick set up when that gets on there.

I've found the Trijicon MRO to be the perfect companion to this gun. I'd highly recommend it for either of the Tavors.

One last thing...did you try the Israeii 6 point hold? It takes a little getting used to, but it really works well. It really stabilizes the gun and to me, helps to be just a tick quicker at going from target to target and accurately placing rounds. I think the best tutorial on it was from Tim on Military Arms Channel. If I find it, I'll post it up. If not, I'll attempt to describe it. It gives the big trigger guard purpose, and makes it make more sense. It is worth checking out, and worth practicing for awhile before passing final judgement. It is a little awkward at first, but the more I've used it, the more I like it.

By the way, here's a video that will wet your wistle for the 9mm conversion and will pretty much destroy any worries about the trigger....I've watched this probably 50 times and every time I do, it gives me the itch to go out and shoot my Tavor! What's also fun is that he's using a cheap gen 1 Vortex Strike Fire to great effect! Enjoy!

[video=youtube;U3YQR0DG3Uc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3YQR0DG3Uc&t=281s[/video]

Can you imagine how quickly and easily this guy would dispatch a burglar in his house with this thing? Wow! He'd make them a Darwin Award winner!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom