Tell me the good, the bad, and the ugly about wells, septic systems, water softeners, and water purifiers.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Not sure about yours, but I know that a downstream partial plug will cause the pressure to be okay, but a decrease in flow.

Narrow it down a bit.
    Does this happen with hot and/or cold.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Not sure about yours, but I know that a downstream partial plug will cause the pressure to be okay, but a decrease in flow.

Narrow it down a bit.
    Does this happen with hot and/or cold.
    Anytime hot or cold.

At my tankless there are 3/4 garden hose fittings. I even measured off of there, it's more than others but not much

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Its the exact same, which absolutely puzzles me since 9 psi was in tank, and I raised it to 28.

Psi gauge is right on the head of the pump.

I can install a on/off valve on tank line to measure but I'm unclear as to why we are doing this? Then I'd just be reliant on the pump then.
    Increasing the pressure will not affect flow volume, it will only affect the amount of time a line can be opened before your pump kicks on.

Pipe size into and out of pump, pipe size and fittings throughout the system, pipe material, valves etc. etc will affect flow rate.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Increasing the pressure will not affect flow volume, it will only affect the amount of time a line can be opened before your pump kicks on.

Pipe size into and out of pump, pipe size and fittings throughout the system, pipe material, valves etc. etc will affect flow rate.
    Well, unless he changed something recently, and it worked before...

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

All you did was change the pump cycling

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I'm just now kinda addressing it.

I'd say a year ago I could flush the toilet and run a faucet with no issue. Now as the toilets filling, the rest of the faucets are useless almost

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Did you add the filter? What is the pipe material? Pipe size into and out of filter?
    Yes I added the filter years ago. I've been using the same filter for years. Maybe I should bypass it and see if something is stuck in the head.

I've got plastic pvc, 90%.of the system is pex, some typical metal/galvanized fittings.

The runs to the appliances are all 1/2 pex, or whatever the most common sized pex it

The filter inlet/outlet may be 3/4

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Did you add the filter? What is the pipe material? Pipe size into and out of filter? What kind of filter do you use and what does it look like when you change it?
    It's a >1micron. And it looks absolutely perfect when I change it. The inside of the filter canister is black though. But I get no chunks or sediment hardly and I'll run it for 6-12 months.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Yes I added the filter years ago. I've been using the same filter for years. Maybe I should bypass it and see if something is stuck in the head.

I've got plastic pvc, 90%.of the system is pex, some typical metal/galvanized fittings.

The runs to the appliances are all 1/2 pex, or whatever the most common sized pex it

The filter inlet/outlet may be 3/4
    What size well is it?

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    It's a >1micron. And it looks absolutely perfect when I change it. The inside of the filter canister is black though. But I get no chunks or sediment hardly and I'll run it for 6-12 months.
    that small of micron filter can be really hard on flow. If you can check before the filter for flow. If it's better maybe step up to a 10 micron filter and see if it helps

I don't know what this means or what it is.
    I am meaning is it a 4" well or is it a 1 1/4" iron pipe well? If it's a driven iron pipe well it could be rust or well point clogging. It's pretty hard to diagnose something like this online so just trying to get an idea of what the system is.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    that small of micron filter can be really hard on flow.

I am meaning is it a 4" well or is it a 1 1/4" iron pipe well? If it's a driven iron pipe well it could be rust or well point clogging. It's pretty hard to diagnose something like this online so just trying to get an idea of what the system is.
    I'll buy new filters tonight.

I believe it's a 1 1/4 iron pipe. Prior owners cheaped out on everythjng.

And yes I get fixing things over the text, but thank you so much for the info

Top Bottom