• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Correct.

McCarthy has aided and abetted the spread of such diseases as measles which was labelled destroyed by the CDC in 2000.

She is spouting the nonsense and she must be held accountable for the death and suffering.

So parents aren't responsible for their poor choices. Maybe we need laws preventing people from speaking out against vacines. It's for the children after all.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I'm seeing from the parents, the docs, and the child.

Vaccines are very helpful as they help the body identify foreign invaders and stop them.

An entire generation (or two/three) has had vaccines. Nothing is wrong other than the kids being self entitled wankers. But that's the parents fault, not some vaccine or doctor.

Ever watched a kid die? It's not cool, regardless of the cause.

Children and the elderly/immunocompromised are at the highest risk for infections leading to death. That's not "fantasy" that's proven fact.

I would like to also say that I am NOT advocating for the damn flu virus, everytime our family has had it we have projectile vomited like crazy....

There is no way injecting our children with dozens of strange substances isn't affecting them someway.

Try seeing it from the parents point of view sometime.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Ok, she's hot . . . unbelievably, here's the bank accounts, the house and my cars hot. Off the charts hot . . . but there's nothing but a howling wilderness between her ears.

At first I thought, "man, you're crazy...that girl is one of the most business-minded clever money-making investors of all time!" Then I clicked on the link with the photo, and nope...that's not who I was thinking. I confused her with the other blonde with a similar first name, Jenna. Now that chick has built a freakin' empire with a capital dollar sign.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I work with a guy that has a twelve year old son, after the mmr he shut down and never spoke another word. My nine year old daughter had seizures the night of her mmr and recovered (mostly) she's just a little hard of hearing. You guys with your snarky comments need to mind your own business. Autism is advancing and becoming more prevalent every day. There is something wrong going on with the kids.

Curious if your friend's son has gastro-intestinal issues as well. There's a fairly substantial, but as yet anecdotal, connection between one of the MMR components and gastrointestinal issues that manifests as neurological shut down. It's a small percentage of autism cases, but it's there. Unfortunately, I don't think it's getting enough attention in the research mode. Too many docs are stuck on thinking that it's a neurological cause just because it's a neurologically presenting syndrome.

Be that as it may, it is not the vaxes, it is the additives. There is absolutely no reason a child should go without vaccination just because mommy and daddy have an unsubstantiated fear of the possible outcome.

If autism diagnoses are going up, it's due to two issues. One is the fact that there are simply more children receiving vaccinations. The second, more likely, is that what was once generically labeled as "retardation" or "development disorder" now has a handy dandy label. Oh, there's a third. Autism criteria have been expanded to include more children. It used to be an honest attempt to keep the criteria specific and narrow. Now we'll just throw in any kid who present neurological anomalies for which we can't find any other obvious cause.

The problem with blaming vaccines the way society is doing it now is that it fails to take into account the individualized response to a foreign substance. I used this example in another thread. I'm allergic to Penicillin (damn the bad luck). But you don't see me marching on Congress to end the use of it as an anti-biotic, do you?

Everybody has a unique response to the introduction of foreign substances. Why we treat vaccinations differently than any other pharmaceutical is beyond my comprehension. Probably because parents feel the need to blame someone other than themselves for the outcome of their choices. Much easier to push the responsibility on the pharms and the manufacturers of those pharms than admit that you have a child with one of the side effects of a pharm and it's only because you approved it's use that your child is suffering.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    There is no way injecting our children with dozens of strange substances isn't affecting them someway.

Try seeing it from the parents point of view sometime.

My post isn't slamming the parents for not vaccinating. I'm slamming them for thinking they can not vaccinate and then still expect that their sick little angel just has a virus when they look sick

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    So parents aren't responsible for their poor choices. Maybe we need laws preventing people from speaking out against vacines. It's for the children after all.

There should be laws preventing anyone from speaking ill of anyone's products, because that just breeds confusion in the consumer class.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Correct.

McCarthy has aided and abetted the spread of such diseases as measles which was labelled destroyed by the CDC in 2000.

She is spouting the nonsense and she must be held accountable for the death and suffering.

I'm very surprised with the general take on this from INGO. McCarthy is entitled to her opinion just as anyone else. I liken this very much to the NRA advocating guns... From this view they must be responsible for every gun death. By allowing guns on the streets they have aided and abetted every gun crime committed since their existence.

An opinion is an opinion. Can it be proven that she hasn't saved a life? I have no stake in this argument (I vaccinate my kids) per se, I'm juts surprised that someone would be so villein(ized) over having their own opinion.

:yesway::yesway:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Be that as it may, it is not the vaxes, it is the additives.

can you post literature supporting that statement? So far we only have one medical article discussed in this thread that talks about it, and it was proven to be an intentional fraud that financially benefitted trial attorneys and the lead scientist

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I think there is a cause, but it is hard to place the blame completely on vaccine additives. We have pregnant women consuming liters of diet sodas per day. I remember the first time my sister tried a Diet Pepsi. 8 oz can and she had the coordination of someone who just finished a line of shots.

The bottom line is that the crap we put in our bodies today is way worse than what we did 30 years ago. I think it is a huge group of factors. It always comes down to correlation does not prove causation.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    McCarthy is entitled to her opinion just as anyone else.

And people who utter such tripe are subject to the criticism of others.

The First Amendment is not some sort of shield from the First Amendment rights of others. There is nothing wrong with pointing out that the spokeswoman of the anti-vaccination movement is a complete doofus.

Her opinion is based on nothing but a fraud that was foisted on the public in the name of prep fire for civil litigation against drug companies.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    The problem I have with vaccines is that there is an agenda behind them. The pharmaceutical industry is a for-profit venture and they need to keep creating new vaccines or their money train will disappear. They appear to even stoop to dishonesty to accomplish their goals, to the detriment of our children's health and well-being. I'm sorry but there's no need for 60+ vaccines for our kids by the time they enter kindergarten.

Just google "merck lied" for more evidence.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Correct.

The First Amendment is not some sort of shield from the First Amendment rights of others. There is nothing wrong with pointing out that the spokeswoman of the anti-vaccination movement is a complete doofus.

Her opinion is based on nothing but a fraud that was foisted on the public in the name of prep fire for civil litigation against drug companies.

From your bolded, I don't get the impression that merely countering her opinion with yours is enough. Must be held accountable.... What does that mean exactly?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    The problem I have with vaccines is that there is an agenda behind them. .

Yeah, if only we could just rely on the government to develop all of our medications for us...

FYI: Gram-Negative infections get REALLY nasty and kill tons of people annually. There are some good antibiotics out there but bugs are becoming resistent to them. Drug companies come out with new and better drugs, but the hospitals don't use them yet to save them for the "super bugs" that are coming. So these new drugs that had billions spent to develop them sit on the shelf just in case they are needed. Then the patent runs out, it becomes generic, and the manufacturer lost huge.

End result of our patent law for drugs: no current antibiotics are in the pipelines for gram-neg bacteria (according to industry reps)

Now you can have your cake and be eaten too

Last edited:

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Didn't know who she was. Opened the link and immediately saw that photo of her, giving the double, middle finger salute.

Read the article, and now want to wipe her memory from my mind.

What a class act.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun

Kirk, I completely agree with you on the above statement! It was the blame and "responsibility" that was being pegged to her for the deaths of children I took issue with. The "body count" and the "must be held accountable", seemed a bit over the top for me.

I didn't quote the post that mentioned taking parenting advice from McCarthy, but that's the real point. People who take parenting advice from celebrities are bound to have something bad happen to their children eventually... Just saying.

Didn't know who she was. Opened the link and immediately saw that photo of her, giving the double, middle finger salute.

Read the article, and now want to wipe her memory from my mind.

What a class act.

Google her name and go to images :D, much better photos, the kind you won't want to wipe from your memory. Is he as intelligent as a door knob? maybe. Is she crazy hot? Yes.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The "body count" and the "must be held accountable", seemed a bit over the top for me.

Body count? Hyperbole? Perhaps but listening to morons like McCarthy has real consequences, dead and sick kids.

Parents have enough to worry about and then some skipping doofus spreads these lies so she can generate publicity for her career.

Held accountable? Well, maybe because most people hear this in a criminal prosecution context. In this case it means that her ravings must be countered.

Top Bottom