• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I've seen it elsewhere. Lots of folks on INGO just don't care about police brutality or murders any more. Some folks will go out of their way to justify them. Just another case of a person killed by out of control cops. Nothing to see here.

I think the reason many of us "don't care" about "police brutality" at this point is that the script for the stories we are exposed to are so predictable:

1. Person A is roughed up, maimed, killed by police.

2. Media and general populace swoons, "Boo hoo, another innocent life snuffed out in its prime..."

3. A protest is organized and is well attended.

4. At some point in the proceedings, rioting ensues against persons and private businesses that don't have a damn thing to do with said offense.

Given the choice of seeing police beating up or killing a guy, versus 100+ people looting stores, robbing random strangers, etc. most people are going to psychologically side with police pounding some guy who, most likely, has a rap sheet. It may not be "right" on an absolute scale of morality or justice, but it is the reality of the human condition in most of the world today.

Despite being a an ideological reactionary, I fully understand and support the right of persons who feel aggrieved in some way fighting -- even physically -- for their cause. That said, if one feels that they or their cohort are constantly at risk or victimized, they should man up and go after those specific persons they believe are a threat, not some random John or Jane Doe on the street. To do otherwise is illogical and unlikely to help one's cause.

Example: If Person X put a beat down on Person Y under questionable circumstances and Person Y's friends/family/cohort go to Person X's neighborhood and TP the guy's house who lives three doors down from Person X -- or just some random houses in Person X's town -- what end does that achieve? It's illogical and now the people in Person X's AO are going to be sympathetic to Person X, even if Person X was originally in the wrong.

Now, our betters may intellectually float above said scenario and say, "Well, you know, at my last bro zone, we discussed this over a few pale ales and ciders and think..." but all that talk is bull**** happening in a vacuum with little connection to the reality on the street.

Bottom line, if Freddie Gray's cohort thinks Group Z did Freddie wrong, do after Group Z, not any ****ing Tom, Dick, Mary and Lisa walking down the street.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Does anyone have a link to the autopsy report? Oh yeah, no report for another month yet. We may as well decide for ourselves then...

i hate to break it to all the brilliant INGO neurosurgeons, but you can injure your cervical spine and die simply from falling over. A police chase/tackle is easily enough to do it depending on how you land. These injuries often progress due to swelling and hemorrhage and a normal initial exam can change dramatically over a few hours.

sometimes bad things just plain happen. Not sure what happened here, but I'm guessing no unwitnessed beating or whatever happened in the van. Autopsy said no broken bones and only finding was a spinal cord injury.

The mayor said it "isn't clear" if having a knife is a crime. In Maryland, the law seems very clear that it is. Why can't they just be honest? Seems the mayor is counting on more votes from citizens than police officers.

that's a lot of cases for a 25 year old.

This is something new and I'd like to see the autopsy report. Could have slammed into a seat or floor during a stop or the alleged "rough ride" without seat belt.

I'm no doctor, but his spinal injury didn't occur where most thought. It was at the neck. In the vid when he's being dragged away, he his clearing holding his neck up. Is this possible with that sort of injury, of would it be subsequent to him being initially placed in the van?
    I guess there is the very remote possibility that he fell on his neck during a "rough ride," but who are we kidding? You KNOW, in light of the multiple stops, and the circumstances surrounding his arrest, that's not going to fly.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    And I really want to see this "switchblade" knife. It's describe as a switchblade, but also as spring assisted? Seems like there may be some confusion here. Am I to believe that both types of knives are illegal in Baltimore, and can get you arrested? Who knew that knives were so rare in Maryland? How do people butter their bread or open boxes?

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Next, the Justice Department will reveal that Republican NRA members have been inciting the peaceful protestors to riot and loot.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I don't think I'd make a very good rioter.

afp_540116264_72606750.jpg

Check out dude on the hood.

First, clearly, he doesn't have the courage of his convictions, because he's looking around scared that he'll get caught.

Second, he's trying to smash the windshield with... a rubber cone. WTF? He wants to look badass, but not risk injury with something that might actually hurt him.

Third, check out the guys on the left, trying to flip the car. Dude on the hood is standing on a car that is about to be inverted. That seems like more risk than the guy can handle. However, his risk tolerance has enough room for him to wear a belt, but not at a level to prevent his pants from falling down, while he stands on the hood of car, while guys are trying to flip it, while lashing out at a windshield with a rubber cone.

Finally, look at all the cameras, including the one held by the only caucasian in the picture.

[Edit - oops, just found another caucasian dude on the left, standing in the back of the crowd, craning his neck to get a better view.]

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    haha

Yeah, but I'm trying to stay internally consistent. I'm not sure what "white" (or "black") means anymore.

I have a cousin who is mixed-race. I guess he puts "white" on official documents. He is darker-skinned than me. I have a daughter who inherited some Spanish pigment from my wife's side of the family (unless it is "dark Irish"). She is darker skinned than me, but lighter-skinned than my cousin.

Its a topsy-turvy world out there.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't think I'd make a very good rioter.

First, clearly, he doesn't have the courage of his convictions, because he's looking around scared that he'll get caught.

Second, he's trying to smash the windshield with... a rubber cone. WTF? He wants to look badass, but not risk injury with something that might actually hurt him.

Third, check out the guys on the left, trying to flip the car. Dude on the hood is standing on a car that is about to be inverted. That seems like more risk than the guy can handle. However, his risk tolerance has enough room for him to wear a belt, but not at a level to prevent his pants from falling down, while he stands on the hood of car, while guys are trying to flip it, while lashing out at a windshield with a rubber cone.

Finally, look at all the cameras, including the one held by the only caucasian in the picture.

[Edit - oops, just found another caucasian dude on the left, standing in the back of the crowd, craning his neck to get a better view.]

There 3 white guys in the pic. One has the good sense to try and cover his face.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis

However, his risk tolerance has enough room for him to wear a belt, but not at a level to prevent his pants from falling down...

I guess some people want to show their butts all the time.
    Either that, or he's advertising his availability as a catamite.

Either way, not someone I want to be around.

Top Bottom