• ...and so much more!
  • ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    While it may be a position I disagree with, I can understand someone seeing pineapple as antithetical to the idea of pizza, given it's history, origin, and general category in the realm of foods.

However, I utterly fail to understand how pineapple is somehow contradictory to the idea of cakehood. I'm pretty sure that fruit has been integrated with cake for almost as long as cake has been around. Or is it not all fruits, but just pineapple specifically, that you find to be a disqualifying factor in the consideration of cakehood?
    Well said.
    Rep inbound.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    While it may be a position I disagree with, I can understand someone seeing pineapple as antithetical to the idea of pizza, given it's history, origin, and general category in the realm of foods.

However, I utterly fail to understand how pineapple is somehow contradictory to the idea of cakehood. I'm pretty sure that fruit has been integrated with cake for almost as long as cake has been around. Or is it not all fruits, but just pineapple specifically, that you find to be a disqualifying factor in the consideration of cakehood?
    Now see, cherry can be in a came, and it’s still cake. And you don’t have to turn those up-side-down. So you might say, PUDC is the anti-cake. :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Kinda hard to tell with INGO sometimes. But y’all know this is all fun. Right? It’s not like bb’s where it’s all fun until someone puts their eye out. No I’s were put out claiming PUDC is the anti-cake.
    Well, by their very nature, all layer cakes are in fact "upside down" cakes. So given that, the pineapple in PUDC actually winds up being a topping. But we don't call an iced layer cake a "FUDC" (Frosting Upside Down Cake). :scratch:

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Now see, cherry can be in a came, and it’s still cake. And you don’t have to turn those up-side-down. So you might say, PUDC is the anti-cake. :):
    Now you've changed the criteria; instead of fruit making a cake not a cake, the act of turning it upside down makes it not a cake. So by those criteria, I suppose pound cake is also not a cake? What about angel food cake? (At least I think that one gets turned upside down to take it out of the pan, too...)

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    Kinda hard to tell with INGO sometimes. But y’all know this is all fun. Right? It’s not like bb’s where it’s all fun until someone puts their eye out. No I’s were put out claiming PUDC is the anti-cake.
    Fun!?!?!??! No fun allowed here!
    t1.jpg

It's all good man, no offense taken. Yet... :):

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well, by their very nature, all layer cakes are in fact "upside down" cakes. So given that, the pineapple in PUDC actually winds up being a topping. But we don't call an iced layer cake a "FUDC" (Frosting Upside Down Cake). :scratch:
    Neither acronym "PUDC" or "FUDC" sound very appealing if you think about it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Dude, I would actually try that.

But then again, I actually like to pull up wild onions and eat them straight, which is probably also nasty to most people...
    When I was a kid, when dad was burning a brush pile out in the garden at the end of the season, I would take an onion that he had laying out to "dry" and stick it on the end of a tomato stake and roast it over the fire and eat it. I'd probably like those stuffed onions too!

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Choose wisely.

Most are nothing more than rapists of Liberty.

ETA: Feel free to prove me wrong.
    Can only speak for myself from that infer what you will. But I will say choices are not always easy nor is doing the right thing for the right reasons.

But I will maintain my position with out waiver. But understanding that there are bad actors, which is no more acceptable than a two tiered justice system that exist.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    This is a prime example of perversion of the Constitution. There is no more a place for them or such things as the Dept of Education at the Federal level, Dept of Energy, HUD. Such things were clearly intended to be left to the states.

Dissolve the ******* central state and leave it all to the States.

Top Bottom