Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Was I out of line here?
    Yup.

Did you pay with cash and get change back?

Did you really buy just one item then ask for a bag?

How clean do you intend to keep these pliers?

How annoyed are friends and family with you?

Couldn't count how many times I was pulled inside from oslg when I worked there. Her licking her fingers is near bottom of the list of things you should be concerned about.
    What?

deanald2pt0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    NW Indy
    Why did you need a bag for a single pair of pliers?

While I understand where you are coming from, I think you are making a bigger deal out of it than it needs to be. Think of all the things you touch in a normal day.

Also, do you sanitize your tools after using them?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    424385_10150727096487959_1691018252_n.jpg

deanald2pt0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    NW Indy
    I rarely ask for bags if I am buying just a few items.
    Have you seen any videos of plastic bags in the ocean, killing off marine life? For that reason alone I avoid plastic bags. Yes my wife and I use cloth bags at the store and bag our own food and supplies.

But to get back on topic, if she were handling food, yes it would bother me. As far as your pliers go, just wash them off, and wash your hands (which I'm sure you do anyway).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pRy88R-4BI

I understand not wanting to take plastic bags you don't need. But I hope you wash your cloth bags, especially when trasnporting food.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm also sure the stock boy dropped the kids off at the pool right before putting those pliers on the shelf all without washing his hands, but at least I didn't witness it. I can at least pretend everything is fine.

Did you touch anything in the store. Did you open any doors other than your own. Do you use sani-wipes after shaking someones hand...........Just curious.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I understand not wanting to take plastic bags you don't need. But I hope you wash your cloth bags, especially when trasnporting food.

We have not washed our bags (good idea though) all of our food is packaged. Fresh fruits and veggies are packaged in the plastic bags in the produce area. For meat ( we buy very little, 1/2 our family is vegatarian/vegan) we do use the plastic bags at the check-out, so that it does not contaminate the other food.

scoutsniper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.5%
    29   2   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Connersville
    The pussification of America continues. New pliers? Really? Why did you need a ****ing bag for a set of pliers to begin with? Yeah, I think you were out of line.

Bob

^^^ WE HAVE A WINNER. there a damn pair of pliers. go home and wash them off if your that scared.. not like she hocked a luggy on the darn things.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I rarely ask for bags if I am buying just a few items.
    Have you seen any videos of plastic bags in the ocean, killing off marine life? For that reason alone I avoid plastic bags. Yes my wife and I use cloth bags at the store and bag our own food and supplies.

But to get back on topic, if she were handling food, yes it would bother me. As far as your pliers go, just wash them off, and wash your hands (which I'm sure you do anyway).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pRy88R-4BI

Make sure you launder those frequently; they're well known as breeding grounds for bacteria.

OP, has anyone ever suggested you may be Aspergian/slightly autistic? This smells of autism spectrum to me.

rsklar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Does she have a fever? Is she expressing signs and symptoms. Maybe she needs to be quarantined for 21 days.

Infected Objects can transmit Ebola.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Much like I send food back if I see the kitchen staff not wearing gloves, I'd get another pair of pliers.

People need more self-monitoring to notice when they do these habitual things... like licking their fingers. It's a disgusting habit, especially in that sort of position where you're working with money and customers.

But, I also avoid places or lines with disgusting-looking people.

I'm a mysophobe.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The world is dirty. You can either try to keep yourself from being exposed to it and fail or relax and probably get sick less often.

I am convinced our recent clean fetishes have led to more sickness.

Top Bottom