THE CZickness LII....Autumn or Fall? No matter...season is right for a CZ!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    My inbox is way over full, since I’m no longer a site supporter.
    If someone would care to enlighten the mod staff, I would appreciate it. Feel free to share my telephone number so they can text me.

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Well, how everyone’s Friday?
    Attended the funeral celebration of life of my wife’s great Aunt today.

Got to see family on my wife’s side that we don’t get to see often (from Iowa). The neat part is I was able to get more history about some of Dad’s guns he passed on. Particularly an old bolt action Steven’s model 120 in .22lr. I knew there had to be something about it, but none of the family here knew anything about it. I mentioned it to Uncle Joe (Dad’s brother) and it turns out that it was his Grandpa’s and the rifle that all the kids down the line learned to shoot on, including Dad. Stories were told. Memories revived. And legends will live on and be passed down to my kids.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Attended the funeral celebration of life of my wife’s great Aunt today.

Got to see family on my wife’s side that we don’t get to see often (from Iowa). The neat part is I was able to get more history about some of Dad’s guns he passed on. Particularly an old bolt action Steven’s model 120 in .22lr. I knew there had to be something about it, but none of the family here knew anything about it. I mentioned it to Uncle Joe (Dad’s brother) and it turns out that it was his Grandpa’s and the rifle that all the kids down the line learned to shoot on, including Dad. Stories were told. Memories revived. And legends will live on and be passed down to my kids.

As this thread has shown these past few days, it’s not the gun - it is the story that follows it.

Guns can be replaced. Money can be earned. History only happens once.

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    As this thread has shown these past few days, it’s not the gun - it is the story that follows it.

Guns can be replaced. Money can be earned. History only happens once.
    Exactly 100%

At first he didn’t know anything but as I described the gun I could see the light bulb come on and his eyes lit up.

It has history as a squirrel slayer. One of the stories: Dad’s Dad made all the boys a deal about squirrel hunting. If they made clean head shots he’d clean them for them, but anything else and they had to clean the squirrels themselves.

To anyone else it just looks like an old nothing special rifle with a street value of $75. But Uncle Joe made me promise “you can’t ever sell that rifle”. But it didn’t need said, it’s an heirloom.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom