Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Can you post a picture of this SP01 Compact you've been lusting over? I am familiar with most of the SP01 flavors, but other than the P-01, I can't find a pic of the SP01 Compact, unless I missed it on the CZ website.

Here's a shot from the web:

image381104-673721e435c186100f8d0c2734a8aeeb.jpg

From what I understand, the story is that there were between 500 and 1000 made for a customer that was unable to take shipment, so they've been sending them to the US market. SP01 Compact is more descriptive than official in that the rollmarks simply say 75B Compact. It's essentially, a railed safety version of the all steel compact with a couple of oddities thrown in. The mag release is extended, but it has a low profile ambi safety. I think that it has a standard Compact slide release. I'm planning on picking one up and doing the full Cajun upgrade to it. If nothing else, it will be a good shooter and will be a bit unusual as well. Things that it lacks are front and rear serrations on the grip.

Bud's has them as well now too. https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog...Z+75+COMPACT+9MM+RAIL+STEEL+FRAME+MANUAL+SAFE

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Here's a shot from the web:

image381104-673721e435c186100f8d0c2734a8aeeb.jpg
    Ahh, got it, thanks! So this is a bit of a unicorn. I swear I saw this at Bradis last weekend, and it caught my eye because it was marked as a 75B Compact, but had a rail like my Wizardized P-01, but had a safety instead of the decocker. VERY nice, I really dig this, and didn't fully realize what I must have been looking at when I saw it.

Color me a bad influence, but I don't know why you shouldn't have this. I may be the odd guy out, but I would kind of prefer a safety on my P-01 than the decocker. I like this a lot. In fact, I know there is buzz on here about the Rami BD, but I like the safety model like CM is (was!) selling every bit as well.

Last edited:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Ahh, got it, thanks! So this is a bit of a unicorn. I swear I saw this at Bradis last weekend, and it caught my eye because it was marked as a 75B Compact, but had a rail like my Wizardized P-01, but had a safety instead of the decocker. VERY nice, I really dig this, and didn't fully realize what I must have been looking at when I saw it.

Color me a bad influence, but I don't know why you shouldn't have this. I may be the odd guy out, but I would kind of prefer a safety on my P-01 than the decocker. I like this a lot.
    You're not odd, maybe a little strange, but that's the norm around here. I too would prefer the safety. If they made a P01 with a safety. :faint:

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    You're not odd, maybe a little strange, but that's the norm around here. I too would prefer the safety. If they made a P01 with a safety. :faint:
    Ask my wife's family, they'll all confirm I'm a little bit goofy. Meh.

You caught me right after I edited my post. Yeah, I would be totally cool with a safety on my P-01! I have seen what you have done with your Rami, and totally dig the bitone look of it.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Thank you sir. I'm a huge RAMI fan.
    When I picked up my P-01 and 75B from the Wizard, he had a Cajonized RAMI there for one of us that he let me try out, along with the Bumblebee. I couldn't believe how nice the RAMI turned out. IIRC, it had been cerakoted an OD color by AllenM. I would love to have taken it home with me.

But not the Bumblebee. It hurt my eyes to look at it without sunglasses!

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    When I picked up my P-01 and 75B from the Wizard, he had a Cajonized RAMI there for one of us that he let me try out, along with the Bumblebee. I couldn't believe how nice the RAMI turned out. IIRC, it had been cerakoted an OD color by AllenM. I would love to have taken it home with me.

But not the Bumblebee. It hurt my eyes to look at it without sunglasses!
    :dunno:I will admit the Bumblebee was a bit much:lmfao:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    :coffee: would be nice but my plans for re-sleep might get interrupted with a caffeine injection.

T-dogg will be getting a package on Friday. I hope he likes it. Great little piece. Just "Too" little.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom