Not open for further replies.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    The DW Commander. It is a seriously nice out of the box piece.

kvNHFUK.jpg

Glad you are liking it.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    H-45, did you have this A2 at the SGE?? That must have been yours that I ran back on the plates. Mmm, that was a SWEET one, so yeah CM, you got a fine foundation to play with, I really liked it.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    H-45, did you have this A2 at the SGE?? That must have been yours that I ran back on the plates. Mmm, that was a SWEET one, so yeah CM, you got a fine foundation to play with, I really liked it.

I did and you did. It's a great gun. Just wasn't getting any attention, and I've been wanting a Shadow. It stays in the group so it was a win, win.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I did and you did. It's a great gun. Just wasn't getting any attention, and I've been wanting a Shadow. It stays in the group so it was a win, win.
    I thought so! I remember shooting 9mm all morning, and I know I flinched like a little girl on my first couple shots with your A2. Good trade for the both of you for sure, hoping to hear a good report after you give the Shadow a workout!

All this talk has lately drawn me to looking at a DW ECO in 9mm. Must... Resist... Because something will have to go, and I have nothing I want to turn loose.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I figured out what’s wrong with my P10. Since it’s an early model, it does not have the leg that prevents the striker from rotating and that’s what caused the first issue. After that, the rear plate started to drop which is another early run issue.

Back to CZ it will go. I’m curios as to how they’ll fix the striker issue. CGW is supposed to have a fix in the works too.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I figured out what’s wrong with my P10. Since it’s an early model, it does not have the leg that prevents the striker from rotating and that’s what caused the first issue. After that, the rear plate started to drop which is another early run issue.

Back to CZ it will go. I’m curios as to how they’ll fix the striker issue. CGW is supposed to have a fix in the works too.

They will most likely give you a new slide.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I thought so! I remember shooting 9mm all morning, and I know I flinched like a little girl on my first couple shots with your A2. Good trade for the both of you for sure, hoping to hear a good report after you give the Shadow a workout!

All this talk has lately drawn me to looking at a DW ECO in 9mm. Must... Resist... Because something will have to go, and I have nothing I want to turn loose.

I wanted an ECO for a long time, but never picked one up. I ended up with a DW Valor 9mm commander instead. I had that one at the SGE, too. It is so easy to shoot it is almost boring.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    I am doing a very simple list of mods to this one. They have already been posted. I was going to get into the ignition today but it was just stupid hot/muggy. Shop has A/C but I have not ran it in 15 years or so.

Yup, I handle the cold much better than the heat and humidity. What sights are you going with?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yup, I handle the cold much better than the heat and humidity. What sights are you going with?

The ones that are on it. Allen and I both agree they are OK for my intended use. That and I am a point shooter.
    Parts total came to $220 on Brownells. I will address the ignition controls as they are seeing as DW uses Forged parts. Should be just fine when I am done.
    Then some solid range time and it goes in the holster.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana

I must have missed it what was wrong with your p10?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I must have missed it what was wrong with your p10?
    One of mine is among the first produced and right at the 2990 round mark, the slide failed to go into battery by about a half inch. It did that with or without ammo loaded so I tossed it in the range bag to figure it out at home but when I got home, the slide had gone into battery. Then on a subsequent range trip, after 15 rounds the rear cover plate started to migrate down and hung on the back of the frame. I was running an HBI lightened striker spring, so that might have contributed to the rear plate issue by reducing the amount of pressure holding it in place.

Both of those are known issues with the first run pistols and both have been addressed in the latest runs.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom