The CZickness XXX: As in life, the twenties are just a blur...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I don't know about anyone else but I really dislike carrying at home. I also dislike carrying a gun from room to room.
    I carry at home 98% of the time. To say 100 would be ideal (for me) but I would be lying.
    i won't judge anyone else for what they do in their own home, not my business. Your castle. And BA i have too much sincere respect for you to try to preach to you about anything.
    The reason I carry at home is because I feel naked without a firearm honestly and I figure if a bad guy or guys are going to come, its going to be in daytime in my home most likely.
    I can only speak for myself.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Heck, I don't even wear pants at home, so carrying is out of the question. I don't like it, but I typically just keep the gun within reach and carry it from room to room, or at least have it somewhere I can reach it quickly.
    I have a shoulder rig, a belly band, and a ankle holster. I use one of those at home usually but hey there are SOME days, only when im home alone (which is all the time) that I will carry a suppressed AR15 sbr with a surefire mag. It just gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling ;)

If someone comes into my home, they are gonna earn it trust me. If I'm upstairs too, then bullets wont be the only thing I'm throwing downstairs at them. They're gonna realize very quickly they fugged up

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    One of these days I need to pick up a shoulder rig. I think that would be the best thing to wear around the house when I'm in shorts, sweatpants or pajama bottoms... ;)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I carry at home 98% of the time. To say 100 would be ideal (for me) but I would be lying.
    i won't judge anyone else for what they do in their own home, not my business. Your castle. And BA i have too much sincere respect for you to try to preach to you about anything.
    The reason I carry at home is because I feel naked without a firearm honestly and I figure if a bad guy or guys are going to come, its going to be in daytime in my home most likely.
    I can only speak for myself.
    You have a family to protect, I do not. I don't carry outside the house anymore, either. But that isn't about comfort. I have a few standards that I apply to myself and I don't usually violate them. One is that if I am not shooting my carry gun at a minimum of twice a month, at minimum 100 rounds per visit, then I don't believe I should carry. IMO, for me, my handgun skills deteriorate too rapidly and outside the home the lives of other innocents are at stake. So, until I can start going to the range on a regular basis again I will out amongst them unheeled.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    I'm so confused. Am I suppose to prep for the next revolution or am I supposed to be debt free? I can't do both damnit. :):

Travis that's actually a question I have thought of many many times.

If this whole thing caves in, economy, capitalism, insurrection, "civil" war. et al -- does it really matter who we owe money to?

I mean the banks will be belly up, the $1.00/$20.00/$100.00 dollar bill will be used for wallpaper, fuel will be extinct.

Shelter, Bullets, food, water, hygiene are the only things that'll matter.

That loan for the car, or home, or land won't mean anything.

How am I wrong...?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    One of these days I need to pick up a shoulder rig. I think that would be the best thing to wear around the house when I'm in shorts, sweatpants or pajama bottoms... ;)

I have a Velcro fastened belly band with a funky one size fits all holster. If I absolutely wanted to carry at home that would probably be how I would do it. Even the shoulder holster gets heavy after a while.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Travis that's actually a question I have thought of many many times.

If this whole thing caves in, economy, capitalism, insurrection, "civil" war. et al -- does it really matter who we owe money to?

I mean the banks will be belly up, the $1.00/$20.00/$100.00 dollar bill will be used for wallpaper, fuel will be extinct.

Shelter, Bullets, food, water, hygiene are the only things that'll matter.

That loan for the car, or home, or land won't mean anything.

How am I wrong...?

You're absolutely correct, if it happens. :dunno:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I have a Velcro fastened belly band with a funky one size fits all holster. If I absolutely wanted to carry at home that would probably be how I would do it. Even the shoulder holster gets heavy after a while.

I also have a belly band with a one size fits none holster, but I've never used it. Wife insisted on me getting it a few years ago. I really don't like the darn thing and am not a fan of one size fits all holsters.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    You have a family to protect, I do not. I don't carry outside the house anymore, either. But that isn't about comfort. I have a few standards that I apply to myself and I don't usually violate them. One is that if I am not shooting my carry gun at a minimum of twice a month, at minimum 100 rounds per visit, then I don't believe I should carry. IMO, for me, my handgun skills deteriorate too rapidly and outside the home the lives of other innocents are at stake. So, until I can start going to the range on a regular basis again I will out amongst them unheeled.
    Your choice to make BA and I trust you. Ive seen you shoot. Im sure youd stil be better with 2 hands behind your back than most of the folks on ingo.
    But yep you're spot on. Gotta keep the fam safe but also protect the innocence of my brown eye :):

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have a shoulder rig, a belly band, and a ankle holster. I use one of those at home usually but hey there are SOME days, only when im home alone (which is all the time) that I will carry a suppressed AR15 sbr with a surefire mag. It just gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling ;)

If someone comes into my home, they are gonna earn it trust me. If I'm upstairs too, then bullets wont be the only thing I'm throwing downstairs at them. They're gonna realize very quickly they fugged up

The great thing about living alone is that I don't have to worry about someone else picking up something they shouldn't. I'm even well armed when sitting on the throne.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Your choice to make BA and I trust you. Ive seen you shoot. Im sure youd stil be better with 2 hands behind your back than most of the folks on ingo.
    But yep you're spot on. Gotta keep the fam safe but also protect the innocence of my brown eye :):

You made me spit water all over the keyboard. I didn't think any part of you could qualify as "innocent". I stand corrected. ;)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I also have a belly band with a one size fits none holster, but I've never used it. Wife insisted on me getting it a few years ago. I really don't like the darn thing and am not a fan of one size fits all holsters.

Me either. I usually only put it on when I have to take out the trash and I think one of the big, aggressive dogs in the neighborhood might have paroled himself.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The great thing about living alone is that I don't have to worry about someone else picking up something they shouldn't. I'm even well armed when sitting on the throne.
    I will miss my kids when that time comes for them to leave the nest, but damn I cant wait to be able to be more free with guns in my home lol.
    Of coarse then i still wont be able to if i have grandkids coming over eventually but im not gonna think about that. Im just picturing a M60 e3 behind my bathroom door:laugh:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Me either. I usually only put it on when I have to take out the trash and I think one of the big, aggressive dogs in the neighborhood might have paroled himself.

I have a small pocket on the front of my jacket that fits one of my smaller pistols pretty well, for when I step out to get the mail or take out the trash. Works pretty well. I'll have to think of the belly band for when I do so in warmer weather.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom