The CZickness XXX: As in life, the twenties are just a blur...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Not doing the Dave Ramsey thing, but I'm debt free with the exception of my house and vehicle. All credit card debt is paid off and I'm working on amassing some savings. Pretty good feeling... :yesway:

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    Not doing the Dave Ramsey thing, but I'm debt free with the exception of my house and vehicle. All credit card debt is paid off and I'm working on amassing some savings. Pretty good feeling... :yesway:
    I know it sounds ridiculous, but I finally opened a savings account about a week ago. I only have a small amount in there, but it’s a start! Hoping to save for home improvements and have a solid emergency fund.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I know it sounds ridiculous, but I finally opened a savings account about a week ago...

Doesn't sound ridiculous to me. I only had a checking account since the mid 80's. In my mind savings accounts didn't pay enough interest to bother with one. I did open one a month ago to shield some of if from possible checking account fraud now that ACH payments are becoming common and my checking account info is "out there". Probably not needed due bank fraud prevention and insurance measures but it brought a bit of peace of mind.

On the other hand, if a savings account helps you save, that's reason enough to have one.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Only debt to my name is the house. Same for the Mrs as far as I know. (We are both on the house). Savings took a big hit recently but will get back up there in time.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    My little gun collection was always my savings account. That didn't pan out very well. Oh well, it's only money.

People and relationships are important, things are not.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    We only owe on our house. Before my wife quit work we were able to knock out all of the loans. As long as nothing unexpected comes up and nothing breaks then we will be okay. :)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I know it sounds ridiculous, but I finally opened a savings account about a week ago. I only have a small amount in there, but it’s a start! Hoping to save for home improvements and have a solid emergency fund.

I'm the same way. I've always been horrible at saving. Decent at paying the bills and off and on about keeping free of debt, but both my marriages hit me hard in regards to savings. I'm finally starting to get some savings built up and it's already saved me. My online bill pay of my mortgage was trying to send to the wrong place. Needed to give them the payment over the phone today to stop any delinquent payment info going to the credit bureau, so I dumped my saving account into my checking account and was able to make the payment. Otherwise I'd have had to wait 2 days for the credit union to get the money added back to my account. Now I just have to make a habit of saving and hopefully stick to it!

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I'm so confused. Am I suppose to prep for the next revolution or am I supposed to be debt free? I can't do both damnit. :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom