Not open for further replies.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I just realized that I no longer own any plastic guns. I almost had a P07 off an INGO member, but the transfer fee is too much here. I think I should have at least one plastic gun.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    My ancestry n my dad's side made me want one. I have a surplus CZ85 which I hope to get refinished by the end of the year and start buying some of them fancy CGW parts. I've seen another gunbroker seller who had hoards of surplus 75's for under 375 and wouldn't mind buying one that says Czechoslovak.

blueboxer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I read way too much good info on them, and I love steel guns. The Beretta, while cool, wasn't something I wanted to buy and Sigs have never shot that well for me. So I wanted to find a CZ SP-01 (wanted a rail) and eventually I did. It felt incredible but at the time I used the cash to buy my first AR. Then I went to the NRA show in Indy here a few years back. And stopped at the CZ booth. And died. I could not believe how all the varieties there felt better in my hand than the TRP on my hip. From that point on I waited on CZ's custom shop or gunbroker to turn up an SP-01 Shadow. Got it this past January and I couldn't be happier. Either a P-09 TB or a P-01 is next on the list.

...Or a Magpulled AK. Sigh. Too many options.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I own a 75B that my son likes to shoot and a early 85 that I acquired working overseas. The finish on the 85 is not the poly like my 75B this is more of a smooth parkerized finish.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    3 pre B 75's that were Czech police turn ins.
    1 2075 Rami in .40 S&W
    CZ453 rifle. .22lr american style with the set trigger.

Really want a 75 compact and an 85 Combat. Funds are currently low however.

I have owned as many as 3-4 other 452s in various configurations but the Annies and Kimbers bumped them from the line-up.

redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood
    I recently acquired a 75B and I am luke warm to it right now. I have sipped the koolaid but have not had the full gulp yet. I think the factory sights really turned me off to it initially but I had hear such good reviews on here that I went ahead and took it on a trade. I know I can change the sights easily but I just haven't gotten around to it yet. The jury is still out for me.

Last edited:

sbu sailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2015
    South of Center...
    Since Cz actually makes the "ch" sound... is this thread pronounced "the chickness?"

That being said, I've had my eye on an SP06 for a while now. Solid reputation and sweet shooting... hard not to buy it!

Shooting a friends 97b is what got me interested. :)

Last edited:

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I know I can change the sights easily but I just haven't gotten around to it yet. The jury is still out for me.

This is very true, and is the only real thing I don't care for with my P-01. The dots on my sights seem to keep getting smaller and smaller, and I haven't gotten around to finding suitable replacements for them yet.

redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood
    This is very true, and is the only real thing I don't care for with my P-01. The dots on my sights seem to keep getting smaller and smaller, and I haven't gotten around to finding suitable replacements for them yet.

My thoughts exactly. Once you shoot Dawson Precisions it's hard to like anything else but it appears as they do not have a set for my 75B (front sight only available for the 75B)...this makes me sad... Those tiny dots on the factory sights are a bear to pick up and maintain front sight focus with.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Somewhere back around 2009, I decided to standarize the carry guns for the family and started looking at 9mm pistols. At the time, I wanted something with a safety and did not like polymer guns. I had it narrowed down to a Hi Power or CZ when I found a TZ88 for trade here on INGO and traded a Bersa 380 for it (plus a bit of cash). About 6 months later, I picked up a Compact CZ-75B and was hooked. Later that summer, I saw pre-Bs on sale for under $300 so I picked up 3 of those as well as an AR24K (Armalite's Sarsilmaz CZ compact clone). The pre-Bs went to my sons and the wife got the AR (she's not a gun person so it sits in a box in case she decides she wants to practice some). Somewhere along the line, I picked up a CZ 97B and a Rami but ended up selling both before I realized how much of a difference CGW could make to the feel of a gun.

Right now, my world makes sense to me if I keep my 9mm to the CZ platform, .40s to the Glock and .45s in 1911s. Each time I stray from that formula, I end up just wasting money on guns I don't shoot much.

Jomibe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Hendricks County
    My fondness for CZ began with the CZ 452 rifle. Those are such quality guns it made me very interested in their handguns. I'm not a fan of plastic firearms, so I was immediately attracted to the 75B. I found a used one. Super accurate. Comfortable to shoot. I fell in love with it. Recently purchased a CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical and that's a great gun. I'm looking to get a RAMI sometime in the future. I also really want to explore the "cajunizing" I keep reading about. I have no experience gunsmithing though so I'm not too sure I want to do the work myself.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Right now, my world makes sense to me if I keep my 9mm to the CZ platform, .40s to the Glock and .45s in 1911s. Each time I stray from that formula, I end up just wasting money on guns I don't shoot much.

I completely agree with this. I have tried CZ's in 40. They are good, no doubt about it, but for me, they are just perfect in 9mm. In my case, it's the CZ in 9mm, Springfield in .40 (or was, before I recently divested from that caliber), and keeping it somewhat in the CZ family, a Dan Wesson for the 45.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    The feel and look drew me to the P-09. After I shot it I realized I made a good choice. Unfortunately mine was a lemon... A broken trigger return spring early on and right now its at CZ getting the trigger fixed, the double action quit working (this was all under 100 rounds fired, although probably a thousand dry fire).. Hopefully when I get it back everything will be fixed and I never have any more problems with it. I briefly thought about dumping it after I get it back, but I love the pistol so much and have never heard of the problems mine was having, so that's what makes me think I got a lemon.

Jon

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I had BirdsAway in the Secret Santa last year. While searching The CZ website, I learned that they were importing the CZ Scorpion. I had it shortly after.:facepalm:

BA is the Typhoid Mary of the CZ world! :runaway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom