Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I always want another gun! I meant reading your writings makes me feel normal and not alone in my addiction. After today still have to send my 97B to David probably in July and contemplating another P-09 or P-07 and installing Burris or similar red dot set up!:facepalm:

Ah, I see. That makes me feel better ;). I do spend a lot of time considering where I want the little group to go and how to best employ them. I still need to go through Gunbroker this morning.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    What time are you guys wanting to meet up on July 11th? I have to work until Noon that day and then would have at least a two hour drive there.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What time are you guys wanting to meet up on July 11th? I have to work until Noon that day and then would have at least a two hour drive there.

If you are for sure coming we might be able to make this in the afternoon depending on how others schedules work out. I am open.
    PM me what time is good everyone.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    On another note: I just conferred with "The Whisperer" and he confided that a certain person's 40P is as smooth as glass and is ready for operational testing. I see that in our very near future. ;)

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    It turns out there are other advantages to the Omega trigger other than just being lighter out of the box. The parts for a full upgrade are fewer and therefore cheaper. ;)

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Can you go into more detail? The reason I went with the standard trigger / safety model was because CGW makes a reach reduction kit, short reset kit, and race hammer kit that work in it. I was under the impression that the Omega trigger had basically no aftermarket support.

It turns out there are other advantages to the Omega trigger other than just being lighter out of the box. The parts for a full upgrade are fewer and therefore cheaper. ;)

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Can you go into more detail? The reason I went with the standard trigger / safety model was because CGW makes a reach reduction kit, short reset kit, and race hammer kit that work in it. I was under the impression that the Omega trigger had basically no aftermarket support.

I was under a similar impression :scratch:

bjenkins

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    jeffersonville
    Just got off the phone with David down at CGWs an ordered the Pro package for my Rami BD and my SP-01 Bumblebee. LOL. And will have to say one of the nicest guys to deal with that I have ever ran into.:thumbsup:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

I was under a similar impression :scratch:

I will let llh go into greater detail but, yes, there a lot of parts available for the Omega.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    Here is the scoop on the 75 Omega! It uses a combination of series 75 & Omega P-O7, P-O9 parts and I confirmed this info with David at CGW.
    91000 P series hammer its the only hammer upgrade for the 75 Omega.
    92030 Short Reset for P series works on 75 Omega. series 75 firing pin, springs and Omega firing pin block lifter arm and disconnector.
    HS-12000 11.5 lbs hammer spring or HS 13, 13 lbs hammer spring 75 series.
    RP- TRS Reduced Power trigger return spring, 75 series.
    RP-FPBS Reduced power firing pin block spring, 75 series.
    From CGW $182 +6.00 shipping
    At this time CGW does not have an upgrade trigger for the 75 Omega.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I think I will upgrade my Omega in incremental steps. I am very curious how it will perform with just the extended firing pin/springs and some polishing. Hopefully this will happen in the next couple of weeks.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Here is the scoop on the 75 Omega! It uses a combination of series 75 & Omega P-O7, P-O9 parts and I confirmed this info with David at CGW.
    91000 P series hammer its the only hammer upgrade for the 75 Omega.
    92030 Short Reset for P series works on 75 Omega. series 75 firing pin, springs and Omega firing pin block lifter arm and disconnector.
    HS-12000 11.5 lbs hammer spring or HS 13, 13 lbs hammer spring 75 series.
    RP- TRS Reduced Power trigger return spring, 75 series.
    RP-FPBS Reduced power firing pin block spring, 75 series.
    From CGW $182 +6.00 shipping
    At this time CGW does not have an upgrade trigger for the 75 Omega.

Thanks for the information :yesway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom