reptilian-aliens-enemy-mine-drac.jpg

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I really doubt it.
    Of all the man-made disasters that would trigger the SHTF reactions (defined as loosely as significantly altering one's ability to go about normal daily activities), armed conflict sparked by racial divide is the most likely scenario IMO. It will likely be short-lived, but for the grace of God, there's not much keeping sympathy riots from sprouting up all across the country.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Of all the man-made disasters that would trigger the SHTF reactions (defined as loosely as significantly altering one's ability to go about normal daily activities), armed conflict sparked by racial divide is the most likely scenario IMO. It will likely be short-lived, but for the grace of God, there's not much keeping sympathy riots from sprouting up all across the country.

The crowd quietly disperses when it realizes it's all about nothing. When CNN sees that the truth is readily available around the corner, that they've squeezed all they can from what they have, they'll drop this story like a used rubber.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    The crowd quietly disperses when it realizes it's all about nothing. When CNN sees that the truth is readily available around the corner, that they've squeezed all they can from what they have, they'll drop this story like a used rubber.
    Except that when/if it does happen to spread across the country, it will not be about "nothing" anymore.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Haven't we already determined that there didn't need to be a reason?

You've sparked a thought in my late-night, bourbon-soaked mind.

What can we, as the "INGOtarian-minded", do to fix the problem of idiots controlling public opinion? I feel that modern politics is based on the crimeful media propaganda... and we don't have a way to combat it.

I want to know the solution, because I want to know where to participate, or throw my money, or something. Otherwise, this is a very steep decline, and "Americanism" is going to be gone in 10-15 years.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You've sparked a thought in my late-night, bourbon-soaked mind.

What can we, as the "INGOtarian-minded", do to fix the problem of idiots controlling public opinion? I feel that modern politics is based on the crimeful media propaganda... and we don't have a way to combat it.

I want to know the solution, because I want to know where to participate, or throw my money, or something. Otherwise, this is a very steep decline, and "Americanism" is going to be gone in 10-15 years.
    Whoever controls the story controls public opinion. Right now that's the 3 major networks, and to a less extent, FOX and CNN.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Whoever controls the story controls public opinion. Right now that's the 3 major networks, and to a less extent, FOX and CNN.

It is news 24/7 from so many different directions. Constant bombardment. Twist/spin/manipulate the facts to fit the current agenda. This is huge money. Hard to change anything when "MURICA" is glued to the tube......................:koolaid:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Is this still even a story. The poor lad is in the ground and the news crews have left the area.

Next story about which stars are getting a divorce and the fashion of the week. Who wore it better.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom