• ...and so much more!
  • Ed p.

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Greenfield
    first gun i ever fired

My cousins dad had an old Revelations sawed off 12 gauge that kicked the s--t out of you, been hooked since.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    My family had 97 acres in Michigan. We always kept a Winchester single shot .22 there. That was the first real gun I shot. Not counting BB and Pellet guns.

762Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    First gun was one of those bb rifles with the front hand guard used to "pump" it. First real gun was some form of .22 semi-auto rifle. I shot it at soda cans and a little chunk of 2x4 in the front yard of my cousins house when I was about 9 or 10, in Lockport, IL. Nowadays that area is far more populated and shooting anything probably doesn't fly anymore.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Mossy 12ga with a pistol grip. I was fifteen and working cutting grass for the owner of an electric company. He had a couple hundred acres and horses. Coyotes were always around. One night, my boss and I were finishing up the landscaping, spotted a couple of coyotes about 30 yards off. He blasted one, the other ran off. I asked if I could shoot it and he let me.

The gun hit my hip and left a bruise. I dropped the darn thing but thought it was awesome. Got my first lesson on recoil management and gun safety that day. Been learning ever since.

Cherryspringer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Lafayette
    Mine was a daisy lever action bb. I must have fired a half a million bb's out of it. I know I couldn't have even been five when I got it. Thank goodness it's the only gun i ever shot myself with. You had to twist the end of the barrel & then pull it out to load it. I apparently i had cocked it before loading it. Don't do that.:rolleyes:

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    I guess my first rifle was my Daisy Red Rider and the first hand gun I shot was an Iver Johnson 32 short I traded for in 1960.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    My dad's Remington bolt action 22. He got it from his dad and he taught all of us how to shoot with that gun. I'm not sure what model it is or how old it is, but I do know that it is old enough that there is no serial number on it. He still has that gun, I hope that when he passes I'm the lucky one that is chosen to receive it; a lot of heritage attached to it.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    very first would have been the a old school daisy bb gun lever style, first rifle was a turk 8mm mauser just a little upgrade on recoil lol

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    First gun shot - my hand in a finger out gun shape..
    First spring powered - Daisey Red Rider
    First CO2 powered - Daisey Black Beauty
    First Pump Gun - Sheridan .20 Cal pellet gun
    First Rim Fire - 22LR at Scout Camp
    First Centerfire Handgun - 45-50 at the range
    First Shot Gun - Stevens .410 bolt action
    First Black Powder - Old Flint Lock hand gun at scout camp
    First HP Rifle - .30-06 at the range
    First Full Auto - Buddies Mac 10 conversion..
    First Big Caliber - .50 cal at (REDACTED) during (REDACTED)

When I was a kid I was lucky to set targets at a steel silhouette range as a fund raiser for my Boy Scout Troops efforts to go to Philmont. I was able to shoot many exotic and odd ball weapons.

I also learned a very important lesson, check your weapon, I went to shoot skeet one time with a gun that was not mine, an old double barrel side by side 12 gauge and I did not check the barrels, and for some reason there was a cleaning rod left in the left barrel and when the left barrel trigger was pulled it split open the barrel right about where my left hand thumb was, it blew off the front stock and purpled my thumb, I still can not feel pin pricks on that thumb to this day.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom