• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JJ1977

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    NE Indy
    One of my first was a BB gun (red ryder style) than moved to the M16 A2 with the complementary 1911 .... What good times the military brought...

z0mk3y m0nk3y

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    I can still remember it. About 7 years old and my step dad's 12 gauge. It was all good until I made it to the buckshot. Took me a few years before I trusted him enough to shoot that gun again.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    Probably a Marlin .22 rifle (yawn!) I did shoot a Wayne County deputy sheriff's .38 service revolver when I was about 9 years old, as I recall. He was dating my cousin. He gave me and two of my brothers each one round to shoot. I shot mine round, as did another one of my brothers. But Andrew wrapped his up with toilet paper and put it in his top drawer to save for later. Don't ask me. He now has a master's in business and used to teach economics, so I guess he is into saving rather than spending.

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    My first firearms experience was with shooting my Dad's Beretta Jetfire/Minx .22 Short. We were shooting at pop cans and 20 oz pop bottles, filled with water, hanging from tree limbs beside my Grandma's house. Dad unfortunately never had any of his boys shooting until they were adults. I was 18 at the time, and that had me hooked on pistols (I already had a pair of .22LR & .30-06 rifles, and went to a shooting range weekly). When I moved to Indiana a year later, I got a LTCH, and have had a firearm at my side since (I'm now 26). My Dad eventually moved to Indiana and did the same, and two of my brothers have purchased firearms and acquired their respective concealed carry permits in their states since. Dad Passed away a couple of weeks ago, and the three of us five boys that shoot, each inherited a firearm. I have his 1911. It's been a very special keepsake for me.

Last edited:

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    My first was a remington 550-1 .22 semi auto

I was around 3 yr.

First few times I got to shoot it my dad would hold it and let me pull the trigger ,
    By the time I was 5 I could take it apart and clean it.

I lost my father in 2009 but I still get his 550-1 out and shoot it on a few special days a year .... she is still my favorite gun :patriot:

HmDBrian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    valparaiso
    well very first was a BB gun, but first powder gun was a ruger 10/22. First handgun was a 9mm bersa that my best friends dad let me shoot out on their property.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Growing up we weren't allowed to even have toy guns. When I was in high school we had moved to the country and were having a problem with skunks coming around the house eating cat food for our barn cats. So my dad broke down and got a BB gun. When that stopped working, he got some sort of .22, don't know what kind. But I got to shoot a bucket with it :D and it was fun. Then I didn't touch another gun for many years and only handguns since

us_agent

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Some type of shotgun when I was about 13. Hurt like hell and probably didn't help me poor ears.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My uncle let me shoot some sort of .22 pistol when I was a pre-teen. It was YEARS before I shot anything else, other than BB guns.

I didn't fire much of anything again until a few years ago. Been hooked since.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    S&W .357Mag. I was around 12 or so... then a .22LR, AR15, Colt 1911 combat commander, Ruger P89DC 9mm, .25Auto, Bersa .380Auto, Marlin 9mm Camp Carbine, etc...etc...etc...

now I'm hooked! :D:D

Hi im Bob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    NWI
    I was about 14 or 15 and it was one of my buddys 12 gauges. Didnt really like it much tbh lol. I love to shoot about anything now though.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    My first was a Daisy BB gun that looked like a 1911, then a Crossman Co2 that looked like a .357 magnum. The first "Real" gun was probably a Marlin Jamamatic that looked like an M1 Carbine or an H&R Topper single bbl 12ga. Man that Topper kicked like a mule. My buddies had Remingtons and one even had a Browning A5 but we were poor and my mom got that Topper for me for Christmas. I've shot just about most types of guns since then.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    First gun I shot was my dad's Ithica 22 lever action, loved that gun. It was stolen about 6 years ago and my brothers and I got him a Henry lever action 22 this year for his birthday to replace it.

aaronsbig16g

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Other than a .22 my first gun was my buddies tarsus pistol I think it was a .40 or .45 cant remember. I also got to shoot my buddies dad's full auto tommygun! That was a blast.

Top Bottom