• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Alright, no console. It's a full game streaming platform for all Google/Chrome devices.

Pretty impressive to see them swap between phones, tablets, laptops, and to a TV seamlessly... framerate looks relatively high.

smidrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Next Door
    Picked kids up a Nintendo switch however I order a hard copy of Battle Princess Madelyn. I recommend it to anyone who is a Super Ghouls and Ghost fan from the snes days. The gameplay is the same as well as graffics

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Anyone play any GTA V online on any special servers like RP servers?
    That required way more time than I was willing to commit to the game.

I reinstalled Windows a year ago and could never get GTA Online to work again. I half way miss it, but I have a lot of freed up time.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    That required way more time than I was willing to commit to the game.

I reinstalled Windows a year ago and could never get GTA Online to work again. I half way miss it, but I have a lot of freed up time.

Yeah, I hear you there. I sometimes wish I never found these time sucking black holes we called online games. :):

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Been doing a lot of Division 2 lately. I never played the first one, so this one is new to me. I like the shooter-looter play loop, it's pretty satisfying. I have no interest in the PVP/end-game stuff, mostly just the campaign/ride to the end.

Lots of gun choices, love finding good guns that I like in real life... also full of real gear, like 5.11 Tactical branded stuff.

Finally getting back to playing Octopath Traveler, as well. Have to get the mix-max mindset out of my head in order to enjoy some games. The fear of missing out on stuff usually is enough to just keep me from playing games I want to play.

Played some Dead Cells recently... excellent roguelike game. Very satisfying.

Still playing FFXIV, got the wife in now. She's been spending most of her time leveling crafters and decorating her home I bought her. If more games had player-housing like FFXIV, they'd really jump up a few notches. I think World of Warcraft really should look into it.

Might check out Tropico 6, still wavering on it.

Borderlands 3 was announced, which is another looter-shooter with a lot of style.

Super Mario Maker 2 is on the way to Switch... that'll be huge.

Very much looking forward to E3 in June.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    Kind of sad that I just now found this! I've not a huge multiplayer game fan, but am thinking about grabbing Division 2. Mainly I've just been replaying Breath of the Wild on Switch - somehow it never gets old!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Welcome to the thread:

giphy.gif

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Been doing a lot of Division 2 lately. I never played the first one, so this one is new to me. I like the shooter-looter play loop, it's pretty satisfying. I have no interest in the PVP/end-game stuff, mostly just the campaign/ride to the end.

Lots of gun choices, love finding good guns that I like in real life... also full of real gear, like 5.11 Tactical branded stuff.

Finally getting back to playing Octopath Traveler, as well. Have to get the mix-max mindset out of my head in order to enjoy some games. The fear of missing out on stuff usually is enough to just keep me from playing games I want to play.

Played some Dead Cells recently... excellent roguelike game. Very satisfying.

Still playing FFXIV, got the wife in now. She's been spending most of her time leveling crafters and decorating her home I bought her. If more games had player-housing like FFXIV, they'd really jump up a few notches. I think World of Warcraft really should look into it.

Might check out Tropico 6, still wavering on it.

Borderlands 3 was announced, which is another looter-shooter with a lot of style.

Super Mario Maker 2 is on the way to Switch... that'll be huge.

Very much looking forward to E3 in June.

Is Tropico 6 suppose to be kinda like a SimCity type game? I saw a brief description of it a couple days ago but really couldn't figure out exactly what type of game it was supposed to be.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Is Tropico 6 suppose to be kinda like a SimCity type game? I saw a brief description of it a couple days ago but really couldn't figure out exactly what type of game it was supposed to be.

I played Tropico 4 and 5, they were made by a different studio than 6.

Essentially, you have an island, and you are the dictator of it. You enact policies, manage relationships with foreign powers, allies and axis, manage trade routes, etc... You're essentially Cuba. You can grow crops (like sugar), produce goods (like Rum)... you build attractions/housing/roads/etc... you quell uprisings, try to appease the factions within your population (religious, nationalists, extremists, environmentalists, etc).

Not as large-scale as SimCity, but has some similarities... with a lot more nuanced micro-management (as opposed to the macro-management of SimCity).

They're usually fun little fantasy trips. I'm waiting on some more reviews to decide.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Even though it's older, Tropico 4 is considered the best of the franchise.*

I totally love it - just the right level of micromanagement with some good whimsy added in.

My only complaint is that it's old enough that they've pulled the plug on the online resource for users to share challenges, and it's a bit too easy. Look for it to go on sale on Steam as a bundle with all the DLCs (Modern Times being a must have at some point).

* Is four the magic number? Everyone knows that Civ 4 is the best. GTA 4? eh, maybe not.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I played Division I and liked it. Eventually I will get around to playing 2. I don't play games as much as I used to, so I tend to be way behind the times. Playing Red Dead 2 right now and liking it.

Top Bottom