• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    MY EDC is a G31, which is basically a G22 chambered in .357 Sig. I have owned a few G19's, always ended up selling them, and my G32 had the same fate. I am down to only 1 Glock and that is my 31. Which is a nice shooting pistol.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The circumference is the same at the level of the trigger and the reach to the trigger is the same for G17/19/26/34 and the .40 equivalents.

The biggest difference between the G17 and G19 is where the palm swell hits your hand. If you have wide palms, the palm swell of the G19 is likely to hit you right in the middle of your hand. Some people like that, and some hate it. The palm swell for the G17 will hit lower. If you have narrow palms, it may be too low to lock the gun into your hand as well as a G19.

If you get a grip reduction on both (remove the palm swell), there isn't much difference.

Thanks, makes sense I guess.

Wait! Did I just talk about Glocks???

:faint:

Yes you did!

Que: Don't worry too much about the Glock addiction. If you get bit hard with it, you are at least only spending $400 - $500 a hit. The 1911 addiction comes with an ever increasing cost. With a 1911, you start at the $500 mark and look at $1000 guns as too expensive. Then a couple of years later, you are wishing your latest acquisition had cost only $1000.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I have tried a few times to conform to the Glock 19. I even had special stippling and grip reconfiguration done on one, but still did not like it. I tried a G17 at a shoot with Cory and Erica and liked it, but balked it up to a one-time thing. Well, I recently bought a G17 for my sister and I'm having trouble giving it to her. It fits my hand almost as good at the CZ SP-01. The trigger is good and for one reason, I don't feel like I have to tork my wrists forward like I do with the G19. I just may have to get one, or maybe a G22.

And this is how it starts.

An innocent purchase of a G17 leads inevitably to being one of those guys who has . . . a Bag o' Glocks.

At it's worst, this phenomenon takes the form of carrying a pillowcase filled with half a dozen or more Glock pistols. At some point, you won't be able to leave the house without your Bag o' Glocks.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    And this is how it starts.

An innocent purchase of a G17 leads inevitably to being one of those guys who has . . . a Bag o' Glocks.

At it's worst, this phenomenon takes the form of carrying a pillowcase filled with half a dozen or more Glock pistols. At some point, you won't be able to leave the house without your Bag o' Glocks.

very well put...
    :):
    thanks for the new sig line!

tackshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 11, 2014
    Southside
    My first glock was a gen 3 17, I loved it shot it great but was just to big for my everyday carry needs, I went to a gen 3 19 and still shot it good and I liked the way it carried, then I got a 26 (see the pattern) I loved that to traded it off and wish I didn't but now I'm back to a glock 19 but gen 4 with night sights and I trust it everyday.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I had the exact opposite problem with the Glock platform. I carried a G19 and liked the way it fit me. Bought a G17 and couldn't get comfortable with it. Sold it and bought a G26 and love it. I will probably get another 17 at some point, like as soon as Bradis calls me and says they have NiBx 17s available. But until then I am happy with my 19 and 26.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Carry a 19 daily and if I decided to go bigger and do a 17,I'd go with a FNS. About the same size as the 17 but feels better in my hand with a much better trigger.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Glad you like the G17. It's a great pistol. Everyone should have a Glock so they have something to shoot when all the other guns break or jam up...:stickpoke:

Have you tried a Walther PPQ? If grip feel and great trigger are what you are after, the PPQ should be on your radar for sure.
    Also, check out the new Diamondback FS9. It's kind of a Glock/CZ hybrid looking thing. Only $400 new.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Ive owned a bag of Glocks and got rid of them all. I am one who doesn't stand for defeat and it's always bothered me that I did not fit the Glock. I need another .40 S&W, but I may as well find a nice CZ. After all, the G17 is nice, but I won't choose to carry it over my PPQ.

st33da

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    Greenfield
    My G19 is just the right size for me. Fits in my hands well, not to big or small to carry, and performs great. I did look into the G17 and it is a nice gun, however the G19 just had the comfort I was looking for.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I have a 19 and 34 and enjoy shooting both, had several 17's and a 22 also. I love Glock's and they way they fit my hand, some don't like the angle of the grip or the hump. Hard to beat a 17, I always want another and drool at the LGS but don't need one with the 34. It's ok Que, embrace the goodness Glock brings. :)

Same here. I bought a G17 from the classifieds here and purchased a G34 at the Indy 1500 a couple of weeks later. After shooting them back to back, I sold the G17. Nothing wrong with it at all, I just liked the G34 much better. Since I have relatively small hands, I actually feel like my G19 fits my hands better, but I shoot my G34 better so I use it more often.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    I have tried a few times to conform to the Glock 19. I even had special stippling and grip reconfiguration done on one, but still did not like it. I tried a G17 at a shoot with Cory and Erica and liked it, but balked it up to a one-time thing. Well, I recently bought a G17 for my sister and I'm having trouble giving it to her. It fits my hand almost as good at the CZ SP-01. The trigger is good and for one reason, I don't feel like I have to tork my wrists forward like I do with the G19. I just may have to get one, or maybe a G22.

Torque? Twerk? What kind of forum is this, anyway?!

Anyway the G17 is the second best Glock, right behind the G34. Too bad they're too big to carry comfortably IWB, for me at least. :yesway:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I told my sister that I will give her the choice between my PPQ and the Glock 17. Not sure if I'm making a mistake, but looking at this thread, I would rather she had a gun she is comfortable with and I can get another PPQ.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I told my sister that I will give her the choice between my PPQ and the Glock 17. Not sure if I'm making a mistake, but looking at this thread, I would rather she had a gun she is comfortable with and I can get another PPQ.

You should offer her the choice between your ZT0561 and a new ZT0301 too.

Top Bottom