• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I have tried a few times to conform to the Glock 19. I even had special stippling and grip reconfiguration done on one, but still did not like it. I tried a G17 at a shoot with Cory and Erica and liked it, but balked it up to a one-time thing. Well, I recently bought a G17 for my sister and I'm having trouble giving it to her. It fits my hand almost as good at the CZ SP-01. The trigger is good and for one reason, I don't feel like I have to tork my wrists forward like I do with the G19. I just may have to get one, or maybe a G22.
    I'm not sure why but a 17/34 also points better for me than the 19?? As for the trigger you should try one of my setups if you think the stock setup is good.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I will look into that. The price I've seen in the past was a little salty, though.

If you are looking for a carry gun I would recommend the PCR. It is somewhat lighter with the alloy frame. If you prefer polymer the new model of the P07 has gotten good reviews.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    So I shot my new Glock 17 tonight. First impressions, this thing is awesome. I have to say that I actually may like this thing better than my Glock 19.

Yes, the Glock 17 is bigger than the 19, but I feel like the finger groves are bigger, which allows more room for your fingers.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    So I shot my new Glock 17 tonight. First impressions, this thing is awesome. I have to say that I actually may like this thing better than my Glock 19.

Yes, the Glock 17 is bigger than the 19, but I feel like the finger groves are bigger, which allows more room for your fingers.

The reason why you feel that is because they are bigger!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Well, my sister chose to take my PPQ, so I will be carrying a Glock 17 for now. She was very happy and will start training next week. I've already ordered my pistol and mag holsters and will need to secure night sights.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Hmmm...although I like the G17, never had any problems shooting it, I tend to like the G19 better. Different strokes for different folks.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I've seen braver cats. I've never seen a dog that afraid of the dark.

Back on subject, I've been dry firing the G17 and I have to get used to the trigger. Is there a kit I can install to make it better? It seems to have a lot of take-up and the reset is extremely long. It's also a heavy pull, but I guess I can deal with that.

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    The circumference is the same at the level of the trigger and the reach to the trigger is the same for G17/19/26/34 and the .40 equivalents.

The biggest difference between the G17 and G19 is where the palm swell hits your hand. If you have wide palms, the palm swell of the G19 is likely to hit you right in the middle of your hand. Some people like that, and some hate it. The palm swell for the G17 will hit lower. If you have narrow palms, it may be too low to lock the gun into your hand as well as a G19.

If you get a grip reduction on both (remove the palm swell), there isn't much difference.

Boom ^^^ THIS ^^^^

Here is your answer QUE for a glock 19 that will "feel right" for you ....

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/311195-little-glock-project.html

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I've seen braver cats. I've never seen a dog that afraid of the dark.

Back on subject, I've been dry firing the G17 and I have to get used to the trigger. Is there a kit I can install to make it better? It seems to have a lot of take-up and the reset is extremely long. It's also a heavy pull, but I guess I can deal with that.

That's the standard Glock trigger. Not bad, but not great.
    Install a "-" connector and change the trigger spring to 6lb (standard is 5lb).
    I know it sounds backward to install a heavier spring, but it makes pulling the trigger a little easier because the spring is helping you.
    If you buy a spring kit, don't use the reduced force firing pin spring. You end up with light primer strikes and no bang bang.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I shot my Glock 17 again today. I also shot my G19 and G26.

I dunno why, but I was able to shoot WAY more accurately with the Glock 17 than the rest.

So I know I need more trigger time, and private instruction would be awesome.

Top Bottom