• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Out of curiosity, what about the kids of illegals who were not born here, but know no other life other than as an American?
    Deport. No reason why the law should not apply to them. The US should not be forced to accommodate them because their parents brought them here.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Is it politically wise to deport people who should not be in the country? Yes - unless you're a Democrat :D

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Out of curiosity, what about the kids of illegals who were not born here, but know no other life other than as an American?

Sorry their parents placed them in a horrible situation... are we to send them back with their parents? Place them in foster care and allow them to stay? Allow them all to stay and create another anchor baby dilemma? It isn't America's fault their parents made the choices they did, and they shouldn't be rewarded for those decisions.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    All the republicans need to do is get off their asses and pass immigration reform and Obama's EO's go away. Even he's said that. They'd just rather ***** and moan about it.

Immigration doesn't need reformed. There is already a process to immigrate legally into the United States. Come in the front door. Welcome to America. What you are referring to is legalizing ILLEGAL entry. Just call it what it is...

Oh, there you go again Printcraft. Have you forgotten your INGO Liberaltarian Catechism? We're supposed to Open the Borders. After all, it's just like Gary Johnson, Libertarian Presidential candidate said: all it takes to defeat a 10-foot border fence is an 11-foot ladder!

Sheesh, don't you people and the Republicans see the obvious silliness of "Securing the Border?"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Oh, there you go again Printcraft. Have you forgotten your INGO Liberaltarian Catechism? We're supposed to Open the Borders. After all, it's just like Gary Johnson, Libertarian Presidential candidate said: all it takes to defeat a 10-foot border fence is an 11-foot ladder!

Sheesh, don't you people and the Republicans see the obvious silliness of "Securing the Border?"

A shovel would also defeat said fence, dont you people see the obvious silliness of blaming Dems for this problem, when Repubs havent done any better securing our boarder nor solving the illegal "problem?"

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    The immigration waiting game will end soon - CNN.com

We know what's coming;
    "President Obama, who will act on immigration reform by the end of the year, has not reviewed final administration recommendations on immigration but is aware of the general details in the expected plan, says a senior White House official who is traveling with the President in Myanmar."It's not like this is the Academy Awards," said the official, meaning that the contents of the envelope are not a surprise."

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Securing the border would be cheaper than the cost to taxpayers in dealing with illegals. My thought is boost the border patrol, give them better weapons, and mine the border as much as we can, maybe 200 yards in. How do you say: "attention, mine field" in Spanish? Immigration reform to the libs is simple; legalize everyone and invite more in. Our POTUS has failed miserably in his oath.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Sorry their parents placed them in a horrible situation... are we to send them back with their parents? Place them in foster care and allow them to stay? Allow them all to stay and create another anchor baby dilemma? It isn't America's fault their parents made the choices they did, and they shouldn't be rewarded for those decisions.

I have to agree.

It's akin to a bank robber stealing $100,000 and getting caught for the robbery but the money
    they stole they gave to their kids before they were arrested.
    I guess the kids get to keep that money..... right?
    I mean, they didn't participate in the crime, why can't they benefit?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Securing the border would be cheaper than the cost to taxpayers in dealing with illegals. My thought is boost the border patrol, give them better weapons, and mine the border as much as we can, maybe 200 yards in. How do you say: "attention, mine field" in Spanish? Immigration reform to the libs is simple; legalize everyone and invite more in. Our POTUS has failed miserably in his oath.
    So, you want the Berlin wall around the whole country?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

What's wrong with just wanting an orderly immigration system where you know who is coming in? My relatives came in via Ellis Island. It wasn't free to come in and didn't prevent immigration at all.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana

I saw an article the other night stating the Border Patrol is having weapon inventory shortage issues because the weapons they have (M4's) are being taken out of service and proclaimed to be unserviceable. This is a weapon that was specifically designed to be serviced and placed back into use. There is nothing you can do (short of demilling the receiver) to an M4 that makes it an unserviceable weapon. So they are taking their primary service rifle and not replenishing them. And the timing right before the president welcomes more illegals in droves as he unfolds the welcome mat for those already here illegally? Zero political motivations... right??? (that last line might have required a sprinkling of the color purple)

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana

No, more like the great wall of china

An important distinction. The Berlin Wall was just as much about keeping people in as anything else. While the Great Wall was a fortification against invasions. We are talking about keeping people that do not belong here out. Reports of Islamic extremists congregating south of our borders. The drug trade. Allowing anyone regardless of criminal history to casually waltz across... a level of security seems like a reasonable response.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    A shovel would also defeat said fence, dont you people see the obvious silliness of blaming Dems for this problem, when Repubs havent done any better securing our boarder nor solving the illegal "problem?"

So, since a strawman solution wouldn't stop people from crossing the border, we should just relax and let it happen? If a fence won't work, how about a fence and a minefield? How about 20,000 troops stationed along the border with orders to 1. warn away, 2. shoot to kill? Certainly a cost-effective solution to closing our borders to illegal entrants. With as het up as some Progressives are over the concept of "No means NO" in dating, why would they be upset about the same concept in Border control?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The need for some impenetrable wall or fence would be significantly reduced if there were less desire for those folks to want to move up here. If they knew there'd be no freebies and no jobs available without going through the proper channels, I would think this would be far more manageable. And employers hiring these folks should be held accountable as well.

I have no problems with some sort of reform that would make it easier for people wanting to legally come here to work or immigrate use and/or comply with. I do not support open borders and we should insist the rule of law be followed.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    The Berlin Wall was built (as the name might suggest) to divide Berlin, and in effect Germany between the Soviets and Allies. The United States is not being divided up between occupying powers. The suggestion to have a barrier is to enforce the United States' own border to prevent illegal immigration. Your comparison is disingenuous at best.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Mexico is an unstable, corrupt nation in the middle of a drug fueled quasi-civil war halfway towards a collapse of government. I don't want to open the doors to that.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Hate to break it to you, Bog, but those people are already going back and forth across the border unmolested. Sometimes with the help of the feds. That's been going on for decades.

Top Bottom