• Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Wonder where that seller is from?
    Also makes you wonder if there isn't talk across other forums about how awesome (and easy) the INGO classifieds are?

Thanks for reporting this, even though it wasn't according to the procedure that allows the mods to quickly see and address it.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    While I do understand the need to clean up the classifieds, and do appreciate all the hard work the mods do, I also think that with all the rather ridiculous WTS/WTT posts of late, we should be able to show our scorn or displeasure somehow. Maybe we can all use the "rate thread" feature to express our feelings on their asking price if we feel it is warranted. Kind of like the 'overpirced' flag on Armslist or something?

I do think that publicly correcting someone who has (mistakenly or deliberately) erroneous information should be allowed, but maybe some of the recent criticisms were a little too much, which is why I say just rate them as 'poor' as a warning to folks looking through the classifieds.

:twocents:

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    While I do understand the need to clean up the classifieds, and do appreciate all the hard work the mods do, I also think that with all the rather ridiculous WTS/WTT posts of late, we should be able to show our scorn or displeasure somehow. Maybe we can all use the "rate thread" feature to express our feelings on their asking price if we feel it is warranted. Kind of like the 'overpirced' flag on Armslist or something?

I do think that publicly correcting someone who has (mistakenly or deliberately) erroneous information should be allowed, but maybe some of the recent criticisms were a little too much, which is why I say just rate them as 'poor' as a warning to folks looking through the classifieds.

I agree with you but the Star Rating system was disabled because too many people got butthurt and whiney and it was felt that there was some "piling on" going on.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

The best way to express your displeasure is to not give the person your money for the item. Why does everyone need to show their displeasure about the price someone places on their item? If something appears to be strange, can't you just report it?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Thanks for reporting this, even though it wasn't according to the procedure that allows the mods to quickly see and address it.

You know I'm not shy about hitting the
    report.gif
    button. I just couldn't figure if the poster was actually breaking any rules or not?

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    It's time to turn off replies by anyone except the OP in the classifieds. It's not a place for chat. Prospective buyers and sellers should respond via PM.

Only time I post in an ad is to say PM sent. I wont anymore though. Don't want no trouble with the Mods. I do think its getting out of hand though, I've seen trade offers in the ad.PM the seller with that info!

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Only time I post in an ad is to say PM sent. I wont anymore though. Don't want no trouble with the Mods. I do think its getting out of hand though, I've seen trade offers in the ad.PM the seller with that info!

Unless the rules change, a "PM Sent" won't get you in any trouble.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Why would you post PM sent in a For Sale thread and bump it back to the top where it easier for some to see it. I never bump a thread on anything I am interested in buying.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    :dunno:
    The Rules of the INGO Classifieds! -> You MUST READ before posting! ...
    7. ...Please keep all comments DIRECTLY related to the sale of the item in question. To clarify this, we mean an offer to buy/trade, notice of PM, questions about the specific item, etc...

This rule is so unnecessary tho... just send a PM

@ fenway...

I'm glad to know you guys are fairly handing out infractions... I got an infraction AND MY THREAD DELETED for saying "will post pictures soon" which I'm not entirely sure is against the rules (and if it is, it probably shouldn't be, but I'm cool with that).... So I'm glad to see that all of these fools that keep unnecessarily bump threads with pointless comments are receiving their just desserts.

With all the price gouging going on... there have been so many "cry baby bumps" that a legit seller can't keep his thread on the first page for more than 6 hours. The only threads that STAY on the first page are gougers because haters can't resist commenting and bumping their threads?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I got an infraction AND MY THREAD DELETED for saying "will post pictures soon" which I'm not entirely sure is against the rules (and if it is, it probably shouldn't be, but I'm cool with that)....

The entire rule is spelled out in Post #33 of this thread. But here's the pertinent part to your situation.

If you have the pictures you must post them or simply state you have no pictures.

Saying "email for pictures" or "will post pictures soon" isn't acceptable, and is the reason your thread disappeared and an infraction was issued. If you had simply posted the pictures or said "No pics" (even if you later posted pics) then you would've been within the guidelines and your thread would've remained.

So I'm glad to see that all of these fools that keep unnecessarily bump threads with pointless comments are receiving their just desserts.

You know who some of the biggest "ad reporters" on INGO are? Folks who have received infractions in the past. ;)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have never....ever reported an ad infraction but have been tempted of late by all the half baked posts by those who will not spend the proper amount of time to put an ad together so we can see and understand what they are selling. When asking in PM for more info you are ignored or get a rude response. Obviously not regulars or newbies.

I have been dinged for the simplest....and yes, silly mistakes. I see a bunch of bad posts going up and nothing done. This makes one wonder at times. As stated, my first post in the classifieds was removed for improper format and I learned a good lesson from it.

Mods, no knock on you as the job has to suck at times like this. I/we want the classifieds to run smoothly but there has been a butt load of new names and faces ramming in and messing things up. The one line posts especially from out of state should be removed.
    JMHO...please carry on.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Assuming they look at their thread first or they me be like me, first PM gets dibs

This rule is so unnecessary tho... just send a PM

I guess I just look at things through the buyer's perspective more? I buy a lot more than I sell.

I like knowing all I can about what is going on. If I don't hear back from the seller on my PM fairly quickly, I'll post a "PM sent" to let other potential buyers know they may not want to waist their time or PMs until further thread activity dictates.

I appreciate not having my time wasted on stuff going on behind the scenes that I'm not aware of. I feel that good communication is the key to good translations.

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Mods, no knock on you as the job has to suck at times like this. I/we want the classifieds to run smoothly but there has been a butt load of new names and faces ramming in and messing things up. The one line posts especially from out of state should be removed.
    JMHO...please carry on.

We want the classifieds to run smoothly as well. That is why we remove/infract/enforce as much as we can see. If you see it before we do help us out by using the Report Post function. That way we can put eyes on it, evaluate it, and take the appropriate action. At the same time, please make sure the post you are reporting is actually violating a rule (and not just your feelings) so we don't waste our time.

We aren't going to catch everything ourselves on a site with so much traffic, but we try our best.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    The entire rule is spelled out in Post #33 of this thread. But here's the pertinent part to your situation.

Saying "email for pictures" or "will post pictures soon" isn't acceptable, and is the reason your thread disappeared and an infraction was issued. If you had simply posted the pictures or said "No pics" (even if you later posted pics) then you would've been within the guidelines and your thread would've remained.

)

Thats not what I'm reading... correct me if I'm wrong, but here is the official rule (with my interpretation)

4. INGO strongly suggests you post pictures in your ads. If you are not going to provide pictures you must inform INGO members of this in your ad.
    I was definitely going to post pictures... and stated so in my ad.

Do not have members "email you for pictures"
    I did not... and this is a good rule...

If you have the pictures you must post them or simply state you have no pictures.
    I did not have pictures and stated so... "No pictures at this time, but will post some when I get a chance."

Technically I never violated any rules (as they are written)... and to be honest, I don't mind an infraction. I do think it was a bit unnecessary to delete the entire thread... especially considering I followed the rules.

"No pictures at this time... will post some when I get some" is not covered in the rules and it would have been easier for everyone if the mod simply deleted "will post some when I get some" if he felt it necessary.

Whats the point of stating "No pictures"... that should be blatantly obvious by the void of pictures in the thread? And what is the logic by adding a new rule that you can't say "no picture now... but there will be when I get one"? I know "my forum, my rules" and thats why I won't bother making a fuss out of something insignificant..... I value this forum immensely and would never want to create bad vibes... It just honestly doesn't make sense. It seems like a rule that just creates more work for mods and makes users shake their heads.

Honestly not a big deal, but since you opened some dialogue.... I'm just happy you guys are doing something about all the people who think "price gouging" should be regulated.... Those comments are making the classifieds a mess

Last edited:
    Top Bottom