• Status
    Not open for further replies.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Yup. Joseph wasn't serious in wanting to ban anything, but wanted to test how indoctrinated these students were. Seems like he succeeded in proving the point.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Yup. Joseph wasn't serious in wanting to ban anything, but wanted to test how indoctrinated these students were. Seems like he succeeded in proving the point.

Out of all of those students walking by, he got 18 signatures? Oh yeah, he's clearly hit the mother lode. :rolleyes:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hey, 3 whole minutes and change separated the average signature over about an hour. I wonder if a load of mothers would sign that at the same rate. The important question would college students from the last generation have signed it at that rate?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Hey, 3 whole minutes and change separated the average signature over about an hour. I wonder if a load of mothers would sign that at the same rate. The important question would college students from the last generation have signed it at that rate?

Good points, but the important question really is: Why anyone see his success as anything but sad?

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    You are defending that even one signed such a petition? :rolleyes:

Hell, I might have signed the petition, not because I think it's racist, but because I hate the song (I despise snow). I'm arguing against a cherry picked video, and a misleading article that presents Joseph's own quotes instead of anything from the students themselves.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Hell, I might have signed the petition, not because I think it's racist, but because I hate the song (I despise snow). I'm arguing against a cherry picked video, and a misleading article that presents Joseph's own quotes instead of anything from the students themselves.

Any other songs, books, speech, exercising of religion, etc. that you hate so much you'd sign a petition to ban?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Any other songs, books, speech, exercising of religion, etc. that you hate so much you'd sign a petition to ban?

Let's go back to what the guy in the video was pretending to do... gather signatures to petition local radio stations. That's not a ban, it's market feedback to private businesses, a critical underpinning of a free market. When did that become a bad thing?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Let's go back to what the guy in the video was pretending to do... gather signatures to petition local radio stations. That's not a ban, it's market feedback to private businesses, a critical underpinning of a free market. When did that become a bad thing?

That is a totalitarian's view of market feedback to a private business. Actual market feedback means that people choose to listen or not listen.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How would they know whether or not you're listening (or why) if you don't tell them?
    See, radio and TV stations have these things called ratings, so they can set pricing for advertising. If they're playing **** people don't like, then their ratings suffer and then the radio station can't charge as much for advertising.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom