• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    Ok, for those no longer receiving RB correspondence (as was my case as well), from Big Don:

"If you know someone who did not receive this email, they can send me an email at redbrushidpa@gmail.com and I will get them added to the group. You can also get information on our Facebook page at Indiana Defensive Pistol Shooters."

He started a Google group, looks to be a centralized place to see scores and match updates. Just drop him an email at addy above.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    He started a Google group, looks to be a centralized place to see scores and match updates. Just drop him an email at addy above.

If you got an email that says you are part of that group, but Google says you are not:

The email was probably sent to whatever address was last used by IDPA and this is the address that Google groups is looking for.

Clicking on the link probably takes you to a google account that may or may not be the account that gets you in to the red brush group.

For things to jive you need to either ask D to set you up on the google account or you need to set google up so you can add your email as a new account.

Somebody in China now has your banking information, but if you use Facebook they probably already had it anyway.

dgtk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    That was a fun match today. Whoever came up with the double star had a terrible childhood and needs professional help. Ran the glock for 1st time in a year... Apparently never should have gone away from it!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Scores are up!
    If you did not get the email either contact Mr. D directly or pm me with your email address & I will forward to D.
    (Or just ***** about it every month :) )

stiwssc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    WSSC November match stages are now available. Our own DustyDawg gets the credit as this month's author. Our match is 14 November with setup at 8, signup at 10 and new shooter brief at 1030. Help is greatly welcomed.

You can view the stages at the following link.
    http://www.westsidesportsmen.com/images/PDF-IDPA/Nov2015Stages.pdf

WSSC membership opens up at the end of this year. We expanded membership over and above the normal attrition so there is a good chance anyone completing an application at this months shoot would make the cutoff. Those apps would likely be read in December or January for induction February -March to fill out the 2016 cap.

Hope to see you Saturday
    Jim

1000 Peerless Road
    Evansville IN

Westside Sportsmans Club - Home

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    WSSC November match stages are now available. Our own DustyDawg gets the credit as this month's author. Our match is 14 November with setup at 8, signup at 10 and new shooter brief at 1030. Help is greatly welcomed.

You can view the stages at the following link.
    http://www.westsidesportsmen.com/images/PDF-IDPA/Nov2015Stages.pdf

WSSC membership opens up at the end of this year. We expanded membership over and above the normal attrition so there is a good chance anyone completing an application at this months shoot would make the cutoff. Those apps would likely be read in December or January for induction February -March to fill out the 2016 cap.

Hope to see you Saturday
    Jim

1000 Peerless Road
    Evansville IN

Westside Sportsmans Club - Home

18 - 20 rounds minimum each stage :) :banana::rockwoot:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I saw the DNF, Jay had same. What happened?

We aren't exactly sure!

What I do know is this is hot off the press from Jay and WSSC:

Hello Shooters,
    West Side Sportsman's Club host our monthly IDPA Match on Saturday, November 14th. Sign up starts at 10AM, new shooter orientation at 10:30AM, shooting starts at 11:00AM. WSSC members that would like to help setup be there at 8am.

We have 6 Courses of Fire, and there will be a minimum round count of about 100. The cost will be $15.00 per weapon. http://www.westsidesportsmen.com/…/PDF-ID…/Nov2015Stages.pdf
    Feel free to contact me or go to the IDPA website for the rules. IDPA - Welcome!

Please be aware there is a 5 MPH speed limit on the clubs

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    enlighten us

DQ'd for breaking the 180.

Was moving to my left and backwards, r.o. and spectators were all to my right & behind me, I was at maybe a 45 degree angle to the 180.

Did a reload and the r.o. hollered stop and then the r.o. and a spectator told me I broke the 180 bad enough to be scary on a reload.

I had watched the magazine into the gun and had done a quick re-check of where the gun was when I heard the stop command, it all looked good to me so I was confused when two people told me that what happened was not what I thought I saw or what I intended. All I could figure was that maybe I had lost track of my body position relative to the 180. Took my whipping & pasted & helped tear down, and missed shooting a really cool 3 stage classifier that I had really wanted to shoot (guess what we are doing at RB next time B asks me to do a stage?).

Went to RB Tuesday to work on reloads moving left or backward or both and to try and figure out what happened Sunday. From Tuesday what I think happened is that with an r.o. in correct position ,a bit up range and a bit to my right and facing my back, and me at a 45 (ish) angle to the 180 and facing away, during a reload my gun and forearm and wrist are blocked from the r.o.'s view by my upper arm and then my chest. I think in the minds eye of the r.o. I kept my wrist straight which would have made for a very bad 180 break and seemed very spooky, but in reality I cocked my wrist to the right and was aok on the 180. Since we do not have instant replay I will never really know what happened but that is the way that I did the air reloads on the walk through and that is how I saw things when running the course.

Anyway, what I think I learned is that r.o.'s have to make calls in real time and you need to make sure you do not fake them out, but what I might have learned is that somehow I can screw up bad on the 180 when reloading and moving left, either way if I make sure the gun is pointed almost directly up range instead of riding closer to the 180 it will cost me a small amount of time but I will not have to go home.

Still did not suck as bad as an ftdr :) .

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    DQ'd for breaking the 180.

Was moving to my left and backwards, r.o. and spectators were all to my right & behind me, I was at maybe a 45 degree angle to the 180.

Did a reload and the r.o. hollered stop and then the r.o. and a spectator told me I broke the 180 bad enough to be scary on a reload.

I had watched the magazine into the gun and had done a quick re-check of where the gun was when I heard the stop command, it all looked good to me so I was confused when two people told me that what happened was not what I thought I saw or what I intended. All I could figure was that maybe I had lost track of my body position relative to the 180. Took my whipping & pasted & helped tear down, and missed shooting a really cool 3 stage classifier that I had really wanted to shoot (guess what we are doing at RB next time B asks me to do a stage?).

Went to RB Tuesday to work on reloads moving left or backward or both and to try and figure out what happened Sunday. From Tuesday what I think happened is that with an r.o. in correct position ,a bit up range and a bit to my right and facing my back, and me at a 45 (ish) angle to the 180 and facing away, during a reload my gun and forearm and wrist are blocked from the r.o.'s view by my upper arm and then my chest. I think in the minds eye of the r.o. I kept my wrist straight which would have made for a very bad 180 break and seemed very spooky, but in reality I cocked my wrist to the right and was aok on the 180. Since we do not have instant replay I will never really know what happened but that is the way that I did the air reloads on the walk through and that is how I saw things when running the course.

Anyway, what I think I learned is that r.o.'s have to make calls in real time and you need to make sure you do not fake them out, but what I might have learned is that somehow I can screw up bad on the 180 when reloading and moving left, either way if I make sure the gun is pointed almost directly up range instead of riding closer to the 180 it will cost me a small amount of time but I will not have to go home.

Still did not suck as bad as an ftdr :) .

We always hate to use you as an example but this time we are going to call it 'inspiration' instead. What you bring up is a good point for COF design and what SO's/RO's should know about a particular stage and where they need to be during a match in relation to the gun, which is what the SO/RO is supposed to be watching.

and 'Yes' still doesn't suck as an FTDR!!! I mean, who gets those anyway, right? :D

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    We always hate to use you as an example

Uh hu.

what SO's/RO's should know about a particular stage and where they need to be during a match in relation to the gun, which is what the SO/RO is supposed to be watching.

Yea but, in this case the s.o./r.o. was exactly where he needed to be , behind and to my right while I was angled to the left and moving back and farther to my left, other thing is that stopping me was the right thing to do since he thought something unsafe was in progress, I think if I had understood what happened I could have demonstrated it to the r.o. and gotten a re-shoot, or maybe a really experienced r.o. would have asked me what I did. In my opinion, my bad. Again assuming that what I think happened is what happened.

[/QUOTE]

and 'Yes' still doesn't suck as an FTDR!!! I mean, who gets those anyway, right? :D

I'd have to move away or do a Bruce Jenner or something.

Top Bottom