The (Semi) Official Trump Election/Inauguration thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I personally believe there are a few on here who had the foresight to think Trump actually had a chance and are now happy. There are others who adopted a pro Trump stance after the primaries (as did I) and are now hopeful. Some were never Hillary and are glad she is not the President elect.

I only suggest that we adopt a wait and see attitude. We will remain ever vigilant ans see what happens. If you believe that anyone you may have in mind would never make any mistakes you are delusional. Trump will make many decisions some tremendous, some good, some not so good, some bad, and probably horrendous.

For the record, I donated money to Cruz and voted for him in the Indiana primary. I started supporting Trump after he won the primary, but I said all along he deserved a fair shot and signed to get him on the Indiana primary ballot very early on and don't regret it even though he ended up beating out my preferred candidate (Cruz). I have warmed significantly to Trump as time has gone on and his plans gained more detail and he gained a more Presidential composure.

There are 2 in particular who appear to have limitless acceptance of what he does and says. I agree that there seem to be a couple of those and a couple of others who are exactly the opposite.

So, Trump has made some decisions as president-elect. I'd say mostly good. Thank you for having the intellectual honesty to say this, I know he was never your preferred choice and he wasn't mine either. I think what he has done so far is solidly mostly good. In fact, I would say Trump has been more positive for me just as President-elect than Obama or Clinton in 8 years (since many of their actions were actively harmful to me). I have high hopes, but remain skeptical and uneasy regarding Trump's follow through on certain issues and will criticize as necessary and appropriate according to my own conscience and values.

That's the odd thing here - I think his decisions are actually pretty good. His words/actions leading up to the decisions are problematic. Meh, not too concerned about that really. Proof is in the pudding, sly like a fox, etc. As you are fond of saying, I think we agree on far more than we disagree regarding Trump.

In the spirit of how the thread started out, edited to add: I only voted for Trump so that he would lift the Russian sanctions and Murom berdan primers would become available again. Oh, and 7N6 and other Russian gun goodies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    With regards to the EPA, and Trump appointing a "climate denier" as the media is calling it today...

Trump's thoughts on Climate issues have been all over the place. Then Ivanka meeting with Gore to discuss Climate issues... It's been confusing, to say the least.

Obviously we won't know which position he's going to take when he gets into office, but I see it three ways:

A. He appeals to the Left, and takes a pro AGW stance.
    B. He does nothing. Let the EPA stagnate. Make no moves in either direction.
    C. He directs Pruitt to tear down the EPA from the inside... destroying what is, essentially, a democrat money laundering scheme.

Hoping for B or C here... but might even use it as leverage against Democrats for making deals. "You don't want to help pass this bill? Maybe I start ****ing with the EPA."

T.Lex said:
    Ok. I admit to being a Navy brat.

USMC SecDef
    USMC DHS
    USMC CJCS

Uh.... this is actually starting to get a bit strange.

The super-clever left are calling it a Junta on Twitter.

Last edited:

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I am boycotting printcraft.

I am not saying DJT is a "god" but he has preformed more miracles before inauguration than others have in eight years.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Why have a thread.
    He's never going to win the primary.
    And even if he did, he'd never win the election.
    We're just handing it to Mrs. Clinton.

:)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ok, I challenge you, jludo, kut and any others who believe there are people who actually believe this to please identify them.

I personally believe there are a few on here who had the foresight to think Trump actually had a chance and are now happy. There are others who adopted a pro Trump stance after the primaries (as did I) and are now hopeful. Some were never Hillary and are glad she is not the President elect.

I only suggest that we adopt a wait and see attitude. We will remain ever vigilant ans see what happens. If you believe that anyone you may have in mind would never make any mistakes you are delusional. Trump will make many decisions some tremendous, some good, some not so good, some bad, and probably horrendous.

I personally like GWB. It took the left nearly 5 years to turn Americans against him. He made some decisions that I believe were really bad, but overall a good President. He trusted democrats.

I believe that GHWB made 1 mistake that ruined his legacy. He trusted democrats.

Ronald Reagan is the greatest President of my lifetime, but he made at least one horrendous decision, He trusted democrats.

Edit: In with the first relevant comment.

So, riddle me this? As far as Reagan's one bad decision goes, how did trusting Democrats create the Iran Contra fiasco

edit: and just so I'm getting this straight, you're saying all the Republican presidents would've been fine, if they hadn't trusted democrats? Man, that's loyalty. I never knew that the democrats forced the Patriot Act upon reluctant republicans.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So, riddle me this? As far as Reagan's one bad decision goes, how did trusting Democrats create the Iran Contra fiasco

While I wouldn't label it "the fault of the Democrats", President Carter did ask the Shah of Iran to take it easy on dissenters.
    While modernizing the country, a few people were upset.
    Normally in that area, they would be immediately, and harshly put down.
    But in the interest of being more "humane", the Shah took his foot of the growing rebellion, and in the course of 3 years, the country of Iran suffered a chance of government.
    Iran and the Shah: What Really Happened

I would say this set the stage.

Had the revolution not grew enough to overthrow the government, there would have been no 1979 hostage crisis.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    You know - that's an interesting thought exercise: what if the Iranian Revolution had been delayed. (I mean, is there really any doubt whether it would've happened eventually?)

More Tomcats when the revolution finally did happen? Or an early effort to make the Bombcat to use on the dissidents?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You know - that's an interesting thought exercise: what if the Iranian Revolution had been delayed. (I mean, is there really any doubt whether it would've happened eventually?)

More Tomcats when the revolution finally did happen? Or an early effort to make the Bombcat to use on the dissidents?

I think the revolution would not have happened, had the Shah continued policies used in that area for thousands of years.
    While I do think they needed to grow from such "barbarianism", I think maybe that was too soon.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Michigan Court of Appeals agreed that Jill Stein is not an aggrieved candidate and the recount must stop.

I wonder if all of the idiots she bilked for 8 million dollars for recount efforts consider themselves to be "aggrieved"?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think the revolution would not have happened, had the Shah continued policies used in that area for thousands of years.
    While I do think they needed to grow from such "barbarianism", I think maybe that was too soon.

Uhhh.... you do know, that Iran was a democracy from the late 19th (yes 1800s) century, until oil was discovered there, right? And then of course, the powers that be, re-installed the shah.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

edit: and just so I'm getting this straight, you're saying all the Republican presidents would've been fine, if they hadn't trusted democrats? Man, that's loyalty. I never knew that the democrats forced the Patriot Act upon reluctant republicans.

Bush Sr. would have won reelection had he not just given the democrats just one tiny tax increase, in spite of read my lips.

Bush Jr. tried to make nice with democrats by calling in Ted Kennedy and three others to craft bi-partisan legislation including No Child Left Behind. When they took over the congress he became a rubber stamp for their runaway spending, so as not to seem an obstructionist.

Reagan signed amnesty legislation in exchange foe a wall that was never funded.

I don't personally see fighting the war on the spread of communism in the western hemisphere a fiasco. There is a little document titled the Monroe Doctrine.

The trumped up hearings did turn out to be a democrat fiasco.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom