The (Semi) Official Trump Election/Inauguration thread...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hate to admit, but this is effective strategy.

However, I do expect him to accidentally make some regular citizen into a governor or something by insulting them on Twitter.

Chuck Jones, who is President of United Steelworkers 1999, has done a terrible job representing workers. No wonder companies flee country!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/806660011904614408

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I must say, I'm surprised, and dismayed that no one else called out this nonsense, which illustrates blind devotion to a party, at the expense of our nation's laws. If you believe this about Reagan, and Iran-Contra, well there's nothing I can do to convince you of how wrong you are.

Well Kut You've read about it, I lived through it.

I realize that your generation was brought up in fear of man made global warming, but my generation lived in fear of man made thermonuclear war. Kind of like man made global warming, only on a more drastic timeline.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Well Kut You've read about it, I lived through it.

I realize that your generation was brought up in fear of man made global warming, but my generation lived in fear of man made thermonuclear war. Kind of like man made global warming, only on a more drastic timeline.

How old do you think he is?

BTW, I came of age during Iran-Contra and Kut's pretty much right about the facts. He extrapolates somewhat different conclusions from mine, but he's not wrong.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Ok, I challenge you, jludo, kut and any others who believe there are people who actually believe this to please identify them.

I personally believe there are a few on here who had the foresight to think Trump actually had a chance and are now happy. There are others who adopted a pro Trump stance after the primaries (as did I) and are now hopeful. Some were never Hillary and are glad she is not the President elect.

I only suggest that we adopt a wait and see attitude. We will remain ever vigilant ans see what happens. If you believe that anyone you may have in mind would never make any mistakes you are delusional. Trump will make many decisions some tremendous, some good, some not so good, some bad, and probably horrendous.

I personally like GWB. It took the left nearly 5 years to turn Americans against him. He made some decisions that I believe were really bad, but overall a good President. He trusted democrats.

I believe that GHWB made 1 mistake that ruined his legacy. He trusted democrats.

Ronald Reagan is the greatest President of my lifetime, but he made at least one horrendous decision, He trusted democrats.

Edit: In with the first relevant comment.

Isn't there a thread 5 down from this one called something like 'Trump will be top 10 president' ?

I personally think presidents play the realpolitik game far more than they adhere to any principles. I think, in general, they are more moderate than their toughest critics allege and that, if you put down their accomplishments on paper sans R or D next to them, you'd be hard pressed to tell who believes in what.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Lol. Trump could cure cancer tomorrow and there would still be frothing at the mouth and gnashing of teeth on this forum.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Lol. Trump could cure cancer tomorrow and there would still be frothing at the mouth and gnashing of teeth on this forum.

Do you see any frothing/gnashing anymore, now with the election over? Or is that just a quip that everyone is going to instead of joining the conversation about policy and goings-on?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    In fairness, he would promise to cure cancer, then deny that's what he promised, but promise to fight cancer bigly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom