They say the end of the world is coming.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    Aztec Calendar

Or Mayan, or whose-ever it is: if it could predict the entire world's end at 12/12/2012, why couldn't it predict its OWN demise in about 300A.D.?? P.S. I'm buying ammo like crazy, just in case. Pat.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Saw an article the other day... I'll see if I can track it down. Basically, They Mayans made a math error. The real "alignment" their calendar predicts isn't until 2200 or so. Off by a couple-hundred years.

Not that this info will change all of the wacko's minds, or stop the flood of disaster movies and Discovery specials...

Here is is. Originally in Dutch:
    Google Translate

CombatVet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Bartholomew County
    Or Mayan, or whose-ever it is: if it could predict the entire world's end at 12/12/2012, why couldn't it predict its OWN demise in about 300A.D.?? P.S. I'm buying ammo like crazy, just in case. Pat.

They did predict their own demise. They just didn't know how/want to stop it.The "end" of the calender doesn't say it's the END for the world. It just stopped. You know like our calender stops on December 31st.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The Chinese Gov't put a lot of top-ranking officials into airplanes and flew them around so they'd be in the air at the time that the computer calendars rolled over into 2000 from 1999. That was good motivation for those folks to be sure that their patches and upgrades worked.

I think that we should put all the Mayans in airplanes and make sure they're airborne on 12/31/2011...right around 11:45pm through midnight. That'll teach 'em.

-J-

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Global warming: A complete fraud. Sure, it may exist, but not because of anything we have done and to think we could be capable of stopping it is at best arrogant. The whole "green" thing is a fraud to distract us from actual issues. If we are so concerned with being "green", why are we fighting a war to protect oil interests and sending our manufacturing to nations with no environmental standards instead of fighting a war with India, China and Mexico in the name of protecting the environment? Why do we give incentives to manufacture things there instead of incentives to manufacture things here in a "green" way? Mt St Helens put more pollutants into the air in one month than the entire human race has done in all of history.

The Mayan calendar: Does not prophesize the end of the world, only the end of an "age". We are currently in the age of aquarius(yes, good song) and it will end only to begin the next "age".

The End of Days: I do believe that we are in the biblical "end of days", however, it will not be the end of the planet or the end of mankind. We cannot predict the length of time these events will transpire over, 1000 years to us may only be the blink of an eye to God. I do not worry about this, I only watch it happen. I am saved, I accept openly the lord and savior and love Jesus. The rapture will occur before things get too terribly out of hand and I will spend eternity in heaven.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    A buddy of mine is really into astro physics (go figure)
    Anyhow, he tells me that there are a few things going on in 2012, other than the end of a couple of ancient calendars.

1: We will have the planetary alignment previously mentioned, which could cause interesting things to happen, but no one REALLY knows what could happen...doomsayers aside

2: we will pass into another celestial age, the age of Aquarius..last time we passed into "another age " was around AD70...does that date sound famaliar to anyone? the age to come?

I dont see the END OF THE WORLD coming in 2012 myself.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    A buddy of mine is really into astro physics (go figure)
    Anyhow, he tells me that there are a few things going on in 2012, other than the end of a couple of ancient calendars.

1: We will have the planetary alignment previously mentioned, which could cause interesting things to happen, but no one REALLY knows what could happen...doomsayers aside

2: we will pass into another celestial age, the age of Aquarius..last time we passed into "another age " was around AD70...does that date sound famaliar to anyone? the age to come?

I dont see the END OF THE WORLD coming in 2012 myself.

I seem to remember a song about the age of Aquarius...:D

redneckpastor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    It wil reverse all things. My Harley won't leak oil, my mother-in-laws meatloaf will become edible, and my glock will jam! Oh, the horrors![/QUOTE]

ha ha now thats funny!:D:laugh::laugh::laugh::D
    :ar15::rockwoot::draw::popcorn:

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Now I aint saying I believe in astrology or anything, I just think that the ancients werent stupid, and they spent a lot of time looking at the stars.
    They based their calendars on the stars and the celestial ages (nothing spiritual here), so just because their calendar runs out at the end of one of these ages doesnt portent anything!

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I say bah humbug!

1984 (planetary alignment was supposed to sling us into the sun)
    1990's Nostodamus predictions.
    Y2K
    Blah , blah, blah....

2012 same B.S.

There is a link to a curent "Mayan" tribal dude who scoffs at this and says people are only looking at 1 Mayan calendar. He says there are several Mayan calendars and only one has 2012 as an end date. He says all it means is a change. He's also sick of Americans and Europeans coming over there and talking to the people, who couldn't care less about 2012.

Also Nostrodamus has the end of the world slated for 3069 or something like that.

Personally I would fear 2112 and the Solar Federation. But that's just me....

Last edited:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    It wil reverse all things. My Harley won't leak oil, my mother-in-laws meatloaf will become edible, and my glock will jam! Oh, the horrors!

Yeah... but at least Glocks will stop blowing up :D

I either read an article or watched a show (can't remember which) with Mayans who were kind of mad about the whole Mayan prophecy = end of the world thing. According to them, there is absolutely nothing in their beliefs that actually says that, and they are tired of being blamed for such things.

IndianasFinest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Salem
    I don't really believe in any of the "Dooms Day" type things, but if it gets people motivated to prepare for any type of disaster scenario I am all for it.

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    Saw an article the other day... I'll see if I can track it down. Basically, They Mayans made a math error. The real "alignment" their calendar predicts isn't until 2200 or so. Off by a couple-hundred years.

Not that this info will change all of the wacko's minds, or stop the flood of disaster movies and Discovery specials...

Here is is. Originally in Dutch:
    Google Translate

Good gracious that translation thing on Google is horrible. That article is probably easier to read in dutch and I can't even read it.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Unless you have another planet to live on and a way to get there, there is nothing that can be done to prepare. So why worry? Make peace with God and live a fully enjoyable life. Now on the other hand, another ice age is something we can prepare for and probably should. We are far overdue for it, or another yellowstone supervolcano eruption could possibly be something that we could prepare for but not likely. And it is about 100,000 years over due.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Unless you have another planet to live on and a way to get there, there is nothing that can be done to prepare. So why worry? Make peace with God and live a fully enjoyable life. Now on the other hand, another ice age is something we can prepare for and probably should. We are far overdue for it, or another yellowstone supervolcano eruption could possibly be something that we could prepare for but not likely. And it is about 100,000 years over due.

No dude, it's called Global WARMING, look it up.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    No dude, it's called Global WARMING, look it up.
    Yes, I've thoroughly researched it. It melts the icecaps thus lowering the salinity of the sea water and cools the oceanic conveyor (the ocean currents that control the climate as a whole) and thrusts us into another ice age. A simple 2-4 degree change in ocean temperature will cause an ice age similar to the one that happened when the mammoths were frozen.

Top Bottom