They say the end of the world is coming.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Yes, I've thoroughly researched it. It melts the icecaps thus lowering the salinity of the sea water and cools the oceanic conveyor (the ocean currents that control the climate as a whole) and thrusts us into another ice age. A simple 2-4 degree change in ocean temperature will cause an ice age similar to the one that happened when the mammoths were frozen.
    :eek: Someone remind me to throw out an extra bale of straw for the mammoth. ;)

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The Mayans just died out before the calendar could be updated. That is all there is to it. However, it will be a fun time when the calendar clicks over to December 21, 2012.

The party will be at my place. Let me know if you are coming. December 21 is a Friday so its a perfect time for a Party.

Last edited:

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Hi guys and girls;

I hesitate to reply to this thread simply because I might not know when to stop but I find myself compeled to do so for the sake of those who may discover that their souls are indeed lost and in need of redemtion, therefore you are free to determine when you want to stop reading this the same as you are to tell the Holy Spirit "NO" but you do so at your own risk. Only the Holy Spirit can convince a man of his need for salvation and I do pray for all of you.

Many will and do say, Bah, Humbug, but what if by chance they are wrong? You were born into this world with your destiney already decided. You were born a sinner, not because you sinned but becaused Adam, your distant ancester sinned and brought about sin on the whole human race.
    God confirmed this when he said "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God". Now you can disagree with this but it will not change the fact one bit. You can say that the sky is not blue on a cloudy day but it does not change the fact that the sky is really blue above the clouds, OK, except at night. Picky, picky, picky.
    If you just want to argue the subject, then you have no hope of salvation.

Now back to the subject of this thread. The end of this world as we know it has been determined by God and he said that it and everything else in this universe would be burned up and melt with a ferverant heat and would be changed in the blink of an eye, not just our planet or solar system. He had a plan and a purpose from the very beginning. That purpose was to create man in God's own likeness for the purpose of having fellowship with him for all of eternity but sin entered in and he could not allow sin to enter Heaven so you might say he put us on probation in this world so we could make up our own (freewill) mind if we wanted to spend eterity with him or not. So he sent his only begotten Son, Jesus, the Christ to pay the price of our redemtion. So if we choose to spend eternity with him by confessing our sins and asking for forgiveness of our sins (He is faithful and just in forgiving our sins and writing our name in the Lamb's book of life) for if on the judgement day after the end of time as we know it, our name is not found in that book we will be cast into outer darkness for all of eternity to burn forever with no hope. Oh please, please, please do not take this warning lightly. Your future depends on it. The end of the world (for you) will be the day your body dies. Your "spirit" will return to God from which it came and your "soul will either go to Paradise to await the end of this world or to Hell to await the judgement day. If you want only to argue the point then argue it with God, he set the rules, not I and I trust him to know best. I trust him with my soul.

You see, this life is like a catapiller, a worm, but then it seems to die after making a cacoon but then comes it's appointed time and it comes to life and is re-born a beautiful, free flying butterfly which in our case, Praise God, is forever. God want's only the best for all of us but he will not violate our free will or His Soverenity.

I also feel compelled to tell you of Christ, Jesus's Church, His Bride, those who are saved by His blood sacrafice, without spot or wrinkle. The true Saints of God.
    Jesus said to Peter, upon this rock (truth), I will build (My) Church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. No man or priest or pope or pastor or anyone or anything shall have dominion over it, only Christ himself. He is the door to this Church and no one enters in except by Him and no one has the power to forgive sins but He, Himself, PERIOD.

Have a great week everybody.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I'm not usually a big fan of doomsaying, but the Irish have a prophecy which intrigues me a little bit: the end of the world is nigh when one cannot tell the changing of the seasons but by the falling of the leaves from the trees. Personally, I wish we had a longer fall just so I could try to disprove it, if only for my own comfort.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    What's that suposed to mean anyway, "rumors of wars"?
    Pending wars? Secret wars? Current wars far away?
    When communications were near non existant between distant ancient peoples, I can understand the terminology. When modern discusion turns dramatic rehashed and cryptic much like flightsimmer's, you know there's a limited amount of free thought going on there.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    What's that suposed to mean anyway, "rumors of wars"?
    Pending wars? Secret wars? Current wars far away?
    When communications were near non existant between distant ancient peoples, I can understand the terminology. When modern discusion turns dramatic rehashed and cryptic much like flightsimmer's, you know there's a limited amount of free thought going on there.

Why do you proclaim a lack of free thought simply because someone has reached a different conclusion than you? Can you support your claim that Christians do not exercise free thought?

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Why do you proclaim a lack of free thought simply because someone has reached a different conclusion than you? Can you support your claim that Christians do not exercise free thought?

No Joe. That's not it. I know many a Christian free thinker.

It's that he's not using his own words. It's the ... His Bride, His blood, Kingdoms, and outer darkness for all of eternity to burn forever with no hope...

Is it nothing more than self important dramatics - played poorly?

The caterpillar bit had potential but was as silly as it gets. "Life is like a caterpillar, a worm..."
    Does he know how he comes across? I doubt he cares.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Better keep reading...

Try reading something beyond the party line. The only warming that can be proven attributed by man is the urban warming caused by cityies and deforestation.

The Arctic shelf continues on almost dead even with past historical measured rates except for the few areas that are cleaving off because of localized events.

The epic filmography of this Rhode Island sized cleaving event shown in AL Gores Boondoggle filmed mockumentary was stolen CGI footage from the movie with Dennis Quaid about the Ice Storm that would flash freeze the Northern US. Again allof this is based on pseudo science and theories done on computer models that have a declared probability of error of @ 400 percent +/-.

Which is like me saying there is a 400 percent chance it will be 90 and sunny in Fisher tomorrow or 30 below zero and snowing.

The new band wagon is called Climate Change and again except for our global community of governments attempts at affecting weather through ELF & other wacky and some actual successful attempts there is nothing we can do besides trying to clean up our water supplies so we don't poison ourselves while mama nature does her best and worse.

Theories don't become true until proven.

:popcorn:

Big John

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    OH CRAP I just looked and my calendar stops at Dec. 31st 2009!!!!!

TEOTWAWKI is going to happen DEC 31st 2009!!!!!

ruger17hmr

Shooter
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    Indy
    When you talk to your "god" next time, tell him I said "thanks" that holier-than-thou proselytizers like you are fading into oblivion. Oh yeah, and ask him if he can loan you his magic spell check fairy dust. Telling people that don't agree with you that they are going to "hell" loses its effect when you can't even communicate effectively in your native tongue.

By the way, if you don't mind my asking.....exactly which of the many "Christian" denominations is the right one? I'd hate to be set on fire for all eternity by your loving god because I was born not knowing what club to join, and fell in with the wrong crowd.

LOL.

I've always wondered about that.

The debate on the presence or absence of 'God' has tentalized man's soul for ages. Now, it seems that the issue has evolved into which 'God' is the true one, or which denomination is the one that truly reflects 'God's' teachings.

Top Bottom