MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Destro said:
    Destro said:
    Do you think anybody ever applauded the SS, Nazis, or Hitler? Don't take this as a comparison between the Nazis and Police as I'm not making that comparison.

Sure they [the Nazis] did a lot of bad things... But can you honestly say there wasn't one person ever that was happy and/or thankful? I'm not saying they were justified or that the end justified the means. I'm sure there were those who were thankful for what Hitler and the SS did for Germany - definitely not as many as were negatively affected, but there surely were some that were like minded. Showing evidence that those people existed does not make the crimes that were perpetrated any "less bad".

Posting pictures of sheeple applauding police isn't an indication of anything beyond the fact that the sheeple, in this case, likely don't know what freedom is.

Giving up freedom for temporary security isn't security or freedom at all. Freedom cannot be taken or it never existed to begin with.

I don't claim to be some expert or anything of the sort but imho the end does not justify the means - this is just my :twocents:.

Edit:
    cheering_nazis.jpg

NaziWomenCheering.jpg

ans38-03s.jpg

Last edited:

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    Martial Law :dunno:

2020820897.jpg

please get your facts right ....my past post :
    Martial Law

I keep seeing some here in this thread use the term Martial Law or implying it. Which is not true this wasn't even close to a martial law action some confuse police state and Martial Law they are to very diffent forms of authority. First Marial law is the imposition of military rule by military authorities to enforce their rule over the public.Military personnel replace civil authorities the highest-ranking military officer of that operation would take over, or be installed, as the military Governor.In a nutt shell Martial law is the suspension of civil authority and the imposition of military authority. This did not happen in the boston area. Now martial law can not be used in any state unless the governor of that state request it. only exception is a severe or extreme national emergency the president can inact the country(all state's) under martial law.

Police state

Now a the term a police state is more at a state level or city level and is complete control and authority by the use of police forces ,special state units, state's homeland security, under state emergency action regulations etc. with the help of state and federal agencys. They can inact curfews that gives restriction on people's movements and can requiring them to remain indoors . The state can exercises rigid and repressive controls over the social, economic, and on their freedom to express or communicate political or other views, which are subject to police monitoring or enforcement of the population of its state under a police state. History has shown most police state exist under a militarization of police force. Here in this country a governor has a state police and a military force under there command which would be that state National Guard units. The governor can activate and deploy these troops in their state with or without armed weapons for security control to assist the local or state police. Those units will have detention ability but not the ability to arrest that still falls under the police who are the final civil authority. Understand these armed military units assisting police can use lethal force and fire there weapons if they feel there lifes in danger or protecting another who life in danger or have standing order to protect important building with lethal force. So if some want to question the heavy use of state or police authority use in the boston area use the correct terms. This wasn't even close to Martial Law event....:twocents::patriot:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    JBT delivering milk to a family with an 18 month old baby WITHOUT A WARRANT!!!! He probably stole the milk and then wrote the shop keeper a ticket for having an unsecured dairy locker.
    Another option would be to allow detained residents to leave their homes and go to the store. If government hadn't created the problem, getting food would be a non-issue.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    It is only okay to point a loaded gun at someone if you are a cop. It is SOP for them, in the name of "officer safety". The funny thing is that this implies officer safety is more important than civilian safety. But we must assume their intentions are benign (unless we are a criminal), since they wear a uniform.

I am against police pointing guns at people who are not suspects. I've had it done to me multiple times, and I could see their fingers on the trigger. Total BS.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This is rediculous behavior. I hope a group of citizens bands together and sues the **** out of these departments and forces legislative change. We need to lobby for laws here in Indiana that prevent this. Law enforcement federal or local who invades homes without a warrant and points loaded weapons at unarmed civilians are terrorist and criminals on their own level. Remember the definition of a terrorist does not require killing to occur.
    It sickens me that some find this behavior acceptable or even deny it happened despite seeing the evidence live. I'm sure more details of rights being violated will come forth.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It is only okay to point a loaded gun at someone if you are a cop. It is SOP for them, in the name of "officer safety". The funny thing is that this implies officer safety is more important than civilian safety. But we must assume their intentions are benign (unless we are a criminal), since they wear a uniform.

I am against police pointing guns at people who are not suspects. I've had it done to me multiple times, and I could see their fingers on the trigger. Total BS.

Of coarse officer safety is more important than ours or at least that's the perception they give off as a whole nation wide. This is sick.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Just when I think I am unable to be surprised by the same certain few INGO members wild half cocked and bizarre allegations they surprise me once again. Holy cow people!!

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Well,I will try not to make any bizarre allegations,but I will say that as a culture we are being conditioned to accept strong LE response to threats that are not as large as they are portrayed by the media.A population that is unarmed is afraid.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Here are some other people who are happy the police did a good job. And how safe they were!
    Yep, I knew those pictures were out there just wasn't going to hunt for them myself. At the end of the day, pictures of people approving of [potentially] illegal searches isn't proof, evidence, or justification.

Going to edit my earlier post to include these.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    please get your facts right ....my past post :
    Martial Law

I keep seeing some here in this thread use the term Martial Law or implying it. Which is not true this wasn't even close to a martial law action some confuse police state and Martial Law they are to very diffent forms of authority. First Marial law is the imposition of military rule by military authorities to enforce their rule over the public.Military personnel replace civil authorities the highest-ranking military officer of that operation would take over, or be installed, as the military Governor.In a nutt shell Martial law is the suspension of civil authority and the imposition of military authority. This did not happen in the boston area. Now martial law can not be used in any state unless the governor of that state request it. only exception is a severe or extreme national emergency the president can inact the country(all state's) under martial law.

Police state

Now a the term a police state is more at a state level or city level and is complete control and authority by the use of police forces ,special state units, state's homeland security, under state emergency action regulations etc. with the help of state and federal agencys. They can inact curfews that gives restriction on people's movements and can requiring them to remain indoors . The state can exercises rigid and repressive controls over the social, economic, and on their freedom to express or communicate political or other views, which are subject to police monitoring or enforcement of the population of its state under a police state. History has shown most police state exist under a militarization of police force. Here in this country a governor has a state police and a military force under there command which would be that state National Guard units. The governor can activate and deploy these troops in their state with or without armed weapons for security control to assist the local or state police. Those units will have detention ability but not the ability to arrest that still falls under the police who are the final civil authority. Understand these armed military units assisting police can use lethal force and fire there weapons if they feel there lifes in danger or protecting another who life in danger or have standing order to protect important building with lethal force. So if some want to question the heavy use of state or police authority use in the boston area use the correct terms. This wasn't even close to Martial Law event....:twocents::patriot:

martial law legal definition of martial law. martial law synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.
    In martial law, the military supports civilian authority. Civil rights are curtailed.
    The military does not replace civilian authority.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Yep, I knew those pictures were out there just wasn't going to hunt for them myself. At the end of the day, pictures of people approving of [potentially] illegal searches isn't proof, evidence, or justification.

Going to edit my earlier post to include these.

I hesitated posting these, but had to, keeping in mind the same people expressing their gratitude in Boston would more than likely express the same enthusiasm for an AWB or outright firearm confiscation.

Don't get me wrong, this guy needs to join his brother in the hereafter, but this constant "guilty until proven innocent" kick the media and authorities are on has to stop. The Fourth Amendment doesn't include an exception for runaway Chechens...

Got a warrant, come on in! Don't have a warrant, he ain't here. You may come in anyway but I won't consent (likely won't resist, either, in all honesty) and I will hire a lawyer, even if it does me no good in the long run.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I hesitated posting these, but had to, keeping in mind the same people expressing their gratitude in Boston would more than likely express the same enthusiasm for an AWB or outright firearm confiscation.
    It's a sensitive topic but, honestly, I think the photos are perfectly in-line with the line of discussion in this thread. If you fail to remember history, you're doomed to repeat it...

Statement: They were searched illegally without consent or option!
    Retort: But the people were happy, see - picture of people being happy.
    Statement: Sure, some are happy but that doesn't change that their rights and, by proxy, the rights of all Americans were trampled.
    Retort: No they weren't! Look: More people happy about the police.

It's sad really...

HmDBrian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    valparaiso
    It's a sensitive topic but, honestly, I think the photos are perfectly in-line with the line of discussion in this thread. If you fail to remember history, you're doomed to repeat it...

Statement: They were searched illegally without consent or option!
    Retort: But the people were happy, see - picture of people being happy.
    Statement: Sure, some are happy but that doesn't change that their rights and, by proxy, the rights of all Americans were trampled.
    Retort: No they weren't! Look: More people happy about the police.

It's sad really...

Sad or disgusting? I cant believe so many people here that stick up for our 2nd amendment are so willing to throw away the 4th for "security". Terrorist on the loose or not, its no reason to go about this the way they did. Also to me the door the door search was a waste of time and resources anyways. Unless they kicked in the door of the homes that nobody answered. Which they didn't as far as we know, anyways,what if he did have a family hostage? Do you guys really think he would answer the door or allow the family to answer the door?

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Sad or disgusting? I cant believe so many people here that stick up for our 2nd amendment are so willing to throw away the 4th for "security". Terrorist on the loose or not, its no reason to go about this the way they did. Also to me the door the door search was a waste of time and resources anyways. Unless they kicked in the door of the homes that nobody answered. Which they didn't as far as we know, anyways,what if he did have a family hostage? Do you guys really think he would answer the door or allow the family to answer the door?

it's not that we're throwing away the 4th amendment, some think it's silly to make harmful yet baseless accusations based on a few you tube clips

Top Bottom