• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    This 12yr old that was shot, the guy in Wal-Mart, and others that weren't criminals have been victims of SWATting. This practice is proven dangerous. In these situations, I hear people being critical of the police for reacting too quickly. They're reacting to the call. The caller had time to assess the situation and feeds biased information to the cops for the purpose of getting that quick reaction and the person shot. These types of calls need to carry criminal penalty because they are malicious in intent. How do we fire this up?

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    The 12 year old wasn't SWATed. He was reported for pointing what appeared to be a firearm at members of the public, there was no distortion by the caller. SWATing is when the police are called simply because someone has a holstered weapon and the MDA shills lie to say that he was threatening/shooting the place up.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    The 12 year old wasn't SWATed. He was reported for pointing what appeared to be a firearm at members of the public, there was no distortion by the caller. SWATing is when the police are called simply because someone has a holstered weapon and the MDA shills lie to say that he was threatening/shooting the place up.
    And that caller even said in the call, he wasn't sure if it was a real gun.

DanSwanky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Springfield
    This is why they have removed Protect and Serve off the side of the patrol cars and put the new motto Shoot first ask questions later. A government think tank said this should stop all of us from getting upset at these situations.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Here's an idea ... Don't point guns at people in public ... Problem solved
    I think we have our winner right here

Advocate for police to use non-lethal means more often. A taser would have sufficed in the case of the 12 year old.
    Perhaps someone more knowledgeable that I could clarify about the use of a taser, I was under the impression that the muscle spasms caused by being hit from a taser could cause the suspect to discharge the firearm

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Advocate for police to use non-lethal means more often. A taser would have sufficed in the case of the 12 year old.

Tell that to the family of the cop who gets shot by someone with a REAL gun while trying to deploy his Taser.

If it had been a real gun, would a Taser have sufficed?

If someone went for what looked, for all the world, like a real gun, would you settle for a non-lethal response to protect yourself? Age is irrelevant.

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I think we have our winner right here

Perhaps someone more knowledgeable that I could clarify about the use of a taser, I was under the impression that the muscle spasms caused by being hit from a taser could cause the suspect to discharge the firearm
    This is true. The usual reaction from being tased is all of your muscles tighten and contrast rapidly. The hands usually clinch up.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Here's an idea ... Don't point guns at people in public ... Problem solved
    :+1:

The age of the boy is entirely irrelevant. Uh, WHEN did it become 'politically correct' and 'socially acceptable' to point a weapon, or what legitimately appears to be a weapon, at someone? Even as a youngsters we knew well better than to point weapons at police in some 'cool' attempt to do battle with law enforcement. That's always been a formula for bad things happening, and should continue to be so.

And how is it the orange safety tip was removed? And WHERE were the damned parents of the young boy? And WHO made a MWAG call on the boy?

It would appear there was a LOT of "fail" in this tragedy, and well BEYOND any possible failure on the part of law enforcement.

Want to 'organize' something? How about 'organizing' responsible parents that raise their kids properly. Good luck on that one! :facepalm:

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    The orange tip doesnt work any more. There are a lot of bad guys out there painting the tips of real guns orange. Even making many guns look like toys.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    What are you talking about? The officers were told that a B/M 20yr old had a gun and pointing it at people. What part of that sounds like a good opportunity to use a taser (which is useless in cold weather since the barbs generally cannot penetrate the thick winter coats. I would assume that you would give the same advise to those homeowners protecting themselves from a burglar?

Last edited:

DanSwanky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Springfield
    I think the problem here is the quote, "When a government fears it's citizens, there is liberty" is no longer true. Now it reads "When the government fears it's citizens, they turn in to dead citizens." We gave up our "fight back" attitude long ago.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    WHEN did it become 'politically correct' and 'socially acceptable' to point a weapon, or what legitimately appears to be a weapon, at someone?

Um, have you seen the safety rules debates on this place called INGO? Not only is it the right then to do to point guns at people, it is the cool thing.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I think the problem here is the quote, "When a government fears it's citizens, there is liberty" is no longer true. Now it reads "When the government fears it's citizens, they turn in to dead citizens." We gave up our "fight back" attitude long ago.
    In this example fighting back with an imitation firearm is not often a wise idea

Top Bottom