• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tge45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Allen CO
    Any 357 gives you more option for shooting- target, plinking and SD. A good S&W or Ruger will work. I like Colt's, you can find some models in your price range, look for a Trooper or Trooper MK III.

illmaniac123

Plinker
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    East Indianapolis
    Ive got a 6 inch ruger GP-100. Its blued, 6 shot, 357 magnum with tru glo fiber optic sights on it that Im thinking about trading. GP-100s are a beast of a gun. Built like a tank. Almost everyone that I work with has one for deer season and they love it. Id rather just have a carry gun. :)

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    If you want the ultimate 686, the ssr is the way to go. Interchangeable front sight, chamfered cylinder, trigger stop, forged hammer/trigger and it looks great to boot! I recently put a sdm FO in green on mine- oh so sweet.

sorry I forgot to mention, that is the 627, not a 686. 8 shots of .357 mag. ;-)

84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    I'd also recommend the GP100, I love my stainless 6 inch,

Revovler brass is still going to be on the ground.:D

Used Smith or Ruger revolver. Just bought my last used Smiths at $300 a pop; Rugers are around $250.

and i'd love to know where these $250 Rugers are being found.

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    Ruger GP100 are great guns. Like everyone here is saying they are built like tanks. Everyone of them I have shot has been very accurate.
    With that being said, I love my S&W 686, it is deadly accurate. I own and have owned alot of Ruger revolvers, and I really like my Rugers, but none of them match the trigger on my Smith.

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    I like my Ruger Blackhawk in .357 Magnum
    guns010.jpg

wintram

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    I love both my smiths. The 686 is great to carry and holds a good group. My 65 is just as good maybe a little tighter group. Both were bought for under $500( but it took alot of shopping. All the rugers I own are great as well but seem to be pickier on the ammo.

Disclaimer: Because of the nasty rep comments from the last post I started I feel I need to mention I am not writing ill or bad mouthing any other firearms or their owners, I am simply stating my opinion. If it differs from yours that is okay and if you take offense please take 3 deep breaths and calm down.

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Model 19/66 would be awesome, but if you want to shoot Magnum loads day and night for years to come....some would suggest the L frame of the 586/686. I might be one of them.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I really like the S&W model 19 & Colt Python but I wouldn't recommend feeding either of them a steady diet of .357magnums.

Now don't take that to mean that they are some how inferior or anything, it's just that magnum cartridges literally beat the crap out of what-ever they are fired out of & those two models are classics, classics that should have their service lives preserved for future generations to enjoy.

So if you're looking for something to send a bunch of magnums down range with, do me a personal favor & stick to beating the crap out of current production models (or Rugers, no one cares about ruining Rugers).

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I really like the S&W model 19 & Colt Python but I wouldn't recommend feeding either of them a steady diet of .357magnums.

Now don't take that to mean that they are some how inferior or anything, it's just that magnum cartridges literally beat the crap out of what-ever they are fired out of & those two models are classics, classics that should have their service lives preserved for future generations to enjoy.

So if you're looking for something to send a bunch of magnums down range with, do me a personal favor & stick to beating the crap out of current production models (or Rugers, no one cares about ruining Rugers).

I agree...The Smith is pretty sweet.

nballas

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    dljx3, I am in the market for a .357 as well. I have pretty much the same criteria as you. I was taking a hard look at the Ruger GP100, however I recently shot a Ruger Blackhawk in .357 and I have to say it was very accurate and comfortable to shoot. If you dont mind loading a single action and thumbing the hammer, looks like a great buy for a reasonable price. I dont handload, however from what I have read these revolvers will take whatever you can throw at them.

Top Bottom