• Are you in the center of awesomeness?

• Total voters

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Anybody else bummed because the goods you want on here are usually on the other end of the state? :tantrum: Such is life I guess, but man it sucks watching great deals on useful to me stuff wither away!

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    yep run it to that all the time......what gets me more than anything is when they won't meet half way......but more than not do.....

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Anybody else bummed because the goods you want on here are usually on the other end of the state? :tantrum: Such is life I guess, but man it sucks watching great deals on useful to me stuff wither away!

What are you talking about? You ARE on the other end of the state!

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Good replies already, and true! Yep, I am all the way down at the bottom. I miss out on ammo deals a lot, it costs way to much to ship big quantities for a ingo member to ingo member deal. I've missed some real nice firearms as well, and yes the not meeting halfway thing sucks. I have met a lot of good people on here and most are willing to meet up reasonably. But, my opinion remains, and halfway for a lot of the stuff I want it a looooong drive. :popcorn:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    You guys realize you can ship firearms through the mail straight to people door right? Its the same as a face to face deal...

(handguns cannot be shipped USPS by a nonFFL holder)

are you sure????.....i thought ANY shipped firearm( not muzzleloaders) had to go threw a FFL even in state.....you have a link to the law?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Good replies already, and true! Yep, I am all the way down at the bottom. I miss out on ammo deals a lot, it costs way to much to ship big quantities for a ingo member to ingo member deal. I've missed some real nice firearms as well, and yes the not meeting halfway thing sucks. I have met a lot of good people on here and most are willing to meet up reasonably. But, my opinion remains, and halfway for a lot of the stuff I want it a looooong drive. :popcorn:
    Yep, if we met half way it would still be an hour one way. Would have to be one hell of a deal to make it worth it.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I don't mind driving a ways to get stuff (or to sell) and I've done it once or twice, but it's not as good of a deal if both parties have to spend $50 in gas to make the transaction.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    It's amazing, I tell my wife, we're in the crossroads of America, and we never get to see any of the good stuff passing through. Food selection, various distributorships, just don't get the variety you see in other cities. Don't get me started on guns, and hunting accessories, and all kinds of outdoor equipment. Gander Mountain and Dicks do not cut it!!

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    An hour or two is nothing if it is something I want (buying) or an expensive enough item (selling). The trick is to combine deals and make it worth while. My personal best is six deals in one day, three purchases and three sales.

Craziest ever was a Circle Indiana trip I did. Drove from Evansville to Sellersburg, 2 hours east, and sold an AR pistol, then turned north to Indy, 1 1/2 hours north, and traded a rifle for a pistol, then proceeded north to Kokomo, 1 hour in the snow, to buy a rifle, then back to Evansville, stopping in Cloverdale to sell a pistol.

Crazy day

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    Unfortunately the price of gas prevents a lot of people from driving, but I look at it a little differently. There are a lot of places in Indiana that my wife and I have not seen before, we look at driving as an adventure, we will usually stop a a nice restaurant for dinner, sometimes my wife finds a place where she will "have" to go shopping. It doesn't have to be about the trade, it's about getting out of the house, going somewhere you've never been before, seeing something that you never saw before, meeting people and maybe getting a nice gun out of the deal.

Top Bottom