• Are you in the center of awesomeness?

• Total voters

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    It costs some big cash to ship a handgun on your own. You can curb that cash if you have an FFL friend that will do it for you, but most of them will only ship handguns to FFLs- thus the receiver gets hit with a transfer fee.

I personally wouldn't play the "one gun/two boxes" game, but that's just me.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Shew this thread is stirring poo, nothing wrong with driving for a good deal but my point was lately the stuff I want is much further than I can make happen. Fuel and food costs are figured in by me so that all ads to the final price of whatever you are pickig up. Also I work a lot so my time off is usually spent with my fiance and our kids.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I absolutely hate to drive anywhere. I have to want something VERY much just to make the long 15 mile journey to South Bend to get it. I normally just sit here on the computer and order my stuff on-line. Some people call me "the Hermit" and I don't know why? ;)

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    I think you can ship a hangun via USPS if you ship it in two packages.
    Like the frame in one and the barrel with slide in the other.
    That's like shipping half a handgun so it's not a hangun, that's what I heard anyway.
    And when you think about it you can order handguns parts that you get via USPS, like magazines, barrels, slides, frames and stuff.

Not quite. The part with the serial number IS the firearm per the ATF....

Woo Hoo!! I am now a marksman! I can post in the classifieds!!!!!!!! :laugh:

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss

You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.

Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...

Perfection: is not a goal---it's a demanded expectation.

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    If the deal is strong enough, I would be willing to travel up to two hours. I drive an hour to work and nearly every gun I have purchased off of an individual has been within that one hour drive.

However, recently I drove an hour out of my way and paid more than I wanted to for a rifle I was really wanting! I guess it just depends on what one is willing to do to get what they want......

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I find it irritating that everybody seems to have "THE" gun I want and I don't have any danged money......and whats up with people buying all the reloading presses before I can see them!!! AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    So far I have only traded with one other INGO member. We both drove half way. I, of course, from Mishawaka. Other member drove from Evansville (on the dark side of the moon). We both have lunch, talked guns then traded guns. Simple. Yes if cost gas, but picked up another friend. A win-win.!

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Most of the ftf meetings I've had were trades, one I drove an hour for, and was worth it, the others I've had in the southern area. For me if it's trade I really want I can usually get approval from the finance dept, for the cost of gas. Anybody have a P-32, or P-3at they'd like to trade? within an hour of Jeffersonville?,maybe further....

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Distance for me depends on if I'm selling or buying/trading. I have driven further for something I bought/traded for. If I'm selling I usually limit the distance to 2 hours round trip. The only thing that irritates me is when someone lowballs you and wants you to drive an hour or two. I will never purchase a firearm without inspecting it in person first. I have no problem shipping other items and try to be fair with the pricing. I would agree that 9 out of 10 great deals I see are in Southern Indy or further south like Evansville. Almost brings me to tears.

Femme Assise

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    When I am purchasing a gun I will most likely be willing to drive 2 or 3 hours. It depends on what the item is, and if I could get it closer (even if it means spending a couple extra $$$)

MrYesterday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Evansville
    Most everything good is up north, and seeing as how I work 6-7 days a week I always miss out on the good deals. I wish we had a "super train" here like in Europe, it would make my life a lot easier.

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yeah, you can ship rifles, but I won't buy a firearm sight unseen. Too many say LNIB and it's been drug through 30 years of hunting and never cleaned, trigger is bent and the scope doesn't work.

Top Bottom