• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Welcome from NWI. Now that you've figured out how to post hopefully, you'll continue the learning process.

Piezak

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2024
    Mooresville, IN
    Welcome aboard. What brings you to INGO? What are your Interest
    Well, new to firearms. My wife and I are concerned with the treachery and untruths that are overtaking the political and media worlds. So, it is time (or past) to arm ourselves and hopefully never need the skills to defend ourselves.

We held and fired our first handguns on Veteran's day 2023; beautiful warm sunny day at someone's private property. We handled 5 different handguns. I was surprised that my wife took to it. Next, late in November 2023, we handled and fired 3 other firearms at another friend's place. Then we took the Intro to Firearms class at Parabellum Jan 05, 2024. Yesterday, Feb 24, 2024, we attended the Indiana Gun Law class at Indy Arms on 55th St in Indianapolis.

In the past 6 or 7 weeks, we've regularly fired as many as 350 rounds per outing at Parabellum and as many as 5 times in a week; most weeks 3 to 4 trips. All through a loaner Walther PPQ. As the weather warms, we've agreed to slow our pace to twice a week. Gotta get out and work on the home and property.

Now that we've been through Intro to Firearms and Indiana Gun Law, we are beginning our search for the right pair of handguns. My wife has small, lean & weak hands. But, they are pretty hands! So, we want one of those easy-to-rack 9mm and an accompanying 22. We hope to find a (somewhat) matched pair. Being older, we don't want there to be many differences between the two. Buttons all in the same place; actions pretty much the same. We don't need any confusion if the moment of need should ever force itself upon us.

So, far it seems that S&W are in the front running. This seems like what we might purchase:
    S&W P 22
    S&W Performance 9 Shield EZ

However, we are not totally focused on S&W. We've also considered Walther and Rugar as well.

Piezak

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2024
    Mooresville, IN
    Welcome from NWI. Now that you've figured out how to post hopefully, you'll continue the learning process.
    We will see. I've joined other message boards in the past and haven't been back to some of them in years. Was/am a member of some model flying sites. Haven't flown in a decade.
    The most prominent message boards for which I was/am a member were the college sports scene. Was a daily lurker and occasional poster. But, now God has taken me to a higher plane.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Anyone know how this ad got placed in my original post? I didn't put it there.

How are you posting? Directly through this website in a browser or are you using a free, third-party app such as Tapatalk?

If you’re using a free app, it may be placing ads in your posts.

I personally never use apps I do everything in a browser without any problems.

And greetings from Indy ^O=o- and welcome to INGO

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Welcome from New Haven, I am our resident machinist and high power rifle competitor.....hope you like it around here, you will find most of the people are insane but not crazy

Aaron

Piezak

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2024
    Mooresville, IN
    How are you posting? Directly through this website in a browser or are you using a free, third-party app such as Tapatalk?

If you’re using a free app, it may be placing ads in your posts.

I personally never use apps I do everything in a browser without any problems.

And greetings from Indy ^O=o- and welcome to INGO
    Viewing and posting from an old-fashioned traditional computer at a desk. Using Firefox. Seldom ever use my phone for anything internet.

Just saw that the ad in my original post has changed. It must be cycling through a series. I selected edit, but there is nothing there that I can see to remove.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Viewing and posting from an old-fashioned traditional computer at a desk. Using Firefox. Seldom ever use my phone for anything internet.

Just saw that the ad in my original post has changed. It must be cycling through a series. I selected edit, but there is nothing there that I can see to remove.

Hmmmm, that’s kind of disturbing. I know Firefox wouldn’t do that itself, that only leaves possible malware on your system.

The only other things I can think of are, if your browser is currently up-to-date and if you have cleared your cookies and cache recently.

All text and code entered into a post should be visible.

Piezak

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2024
    Mooresville, IN
    Hmmmm, that’s kind of disturbing. I know Firefox wouldn’t do that itself, that only leaves possible malware on your system.

The only other things I can think of are, if your browser is currently up-to-date and if you have cleared your cookies and cache recently.

All text and code entered into a post should be visible.
    I don't think so ... "possible malware on your system" I used to own an internet and computer business. I may not be perfect, but am pretty careful about what I do and don't do. My wife does not have permission to touch my computer. I can fix hers if need be.

If you go to other thread starters, I've seen the same thing. Could it be from the site itself? They are gun related ads.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Anyone know how this ad got placed in my original post? I didn't put it there.
    Welcome from the staff.

What you described isnt something our software does. Could you have accidentally pasted the URL in?

I deleted the URL for you.

Hard to say.
    Had your system checked for spyware or adware? Download the free version of malwarebytes and do a manual scan, just to be sure. The free version will allow you to scan and remove harmful stuff your antivirus missed. It just wont protect you automatically.

EDIT: Ive been here for almost 11 years. First I have heard of links getting injected into posts.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I don't think so ... "possible malware on your system" I used to own an internet and computer business. I may not be perfect, but am pretty careful about what I do and don't do. My wife does not have permission to touch my computer. I can fix hers if need be.

If you go to other thread starters, I've seen the same thing. Could it be from the site itself? They are gun related ads.
    Welcome

Owning an internet and computer business doesn’t make anyone immune to malware and such. It happens to the best of them.

I hope you check your system out just for peace of mind, including ours.

BTW, I have been around these for a very long time and have never seen nor had random links just suddenly appear in my posts.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Welcome from the staff.

What you described isnt something our software does. Could you have accidentally pasted the URL in?

I deleted the URL for you.

Hard to say.
    Had your system checked for spyware or adware? Download the free version of malwarebytes and do a manual scan, just to be sure. The free version will allow you to scan and remove harmful stuff your antivirus missed. It just wont protect you automatically.

EDIT: Ive been here for almost 11 years. First I have heard of links getting injected into posts.
    Not sure but the link is still present in post # 4 and #6
    (i’m not about to click on it to find out)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom