• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    Well, new to firearms. My wife and I are concerned with the treachery and untruths that are overtaking the political and media worlds. So, it is time (or past) to arm ourselves and hopefully never need the skills to defend ourselves.

We held and fired our first handguns on Veteran's day 2023; beautiful warm sunny day at someone's private property. We handled 5 different handguns. I was surprised that my wife took to it. Next, late in November 2023, we handled and fired 3 other firearms at another friend's place. Then we took the Intro to Firearms class at Parabellum Jan 05, 2024. Yesterday, Feb 24, 2024, we attended the Indiana Gun Law class at Indy Arms on 55th St in Indianapolis.

In the past 6 or 7 weeks, we've regularly fired as many as 350 rounds per outing at Parabellum and as many as 5 times in a week; most weeks 3 to 4 trips. All through a loaner Walther PPQ. As the weather warms, we've agreed to slow our pace to twice a week. Gotta get out and work on the home and property.

Now that we've been through Intro to Firearms and Indiana Gun Law, we are beginning our search for the right pair of handguns. My wife has small, lean & weak hands. But, they are pretty hands! So, we want one of those easy-to-rack 9mm and an accompanying 22. We hope to find a (somewhat) matched pair. Being older, we don't want there to be many differences between the two. Buttons all in the same place; actions pretty much the same. We don't need any confusion if the moment of need should ever force itself upon us.

So, far it seems that S&W are in the front running. This seems like what we might purchase:
    S&W P 22
    S&W Performance 9 Shield EZ

However, we are not totally focused on S&W. We've also considered Walther and Rugar as well.
    Well, doubly welcome. This site is a wealth of highly informed gun nuts, political dissidents, jokers and clown.....

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Not sure but the link is still present in post # 4 and #6
    (i’m not about to click on it to finds out)
    Because the quotes are not real time. If you change a post after it is quoted, the quoted text doesnt change.

Hopefully OP sends me examples. Because I cant find any. So that leads me to suspect its his PC or browser injecting stuff. (or he accidentally pasted a link he had on his clipboard while he was posting and just didnt realize it)

EDIT: I just deleted the other two just in case.

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Well, new to firearms. My wife and I are concerned with the treachery and untruths that are overtaking the political and media worlds. So, it is time (or past) to arm ourselves and hopefully never need the skills to defend ourselves.

We held and fired our first handguns on Veteran's day 2023; beautiful warm sunny day at someone's private property. We handled 5 different handguns. I was surprised that my wife took to it. Next, late in November 2023, we handled and fired 3 other firearms at another friend's place. Then we took the Intro to Firearms class at Parabellum Jan 05, 2024. Yesterday, Feb 24, 2024, we attended the Indiana Gun Law class at Indy Arms on 55th St in Indianapolis.

In the past 6 or 7 weeks, we've regularly fired as many as 350 rounds per outing at Parabellum and as many as 5 times in a week; most weeks 3 to 4 trips. All through a loaner Walther PPQ. As the weather warms, we've agreed to slow our pace to twice a week. Gotta get out and work on the home and property.

Now that we've been through Intro to Firearms and Indiana Gun Law, we are beginning our search for the right pair of handguns. My wife has small, lean & weak hands. But, they are pretty hands! So, we want one of those easy-to-rack 9mm and an accompanying 22. We hope to find a (somewhat) matched pair. Being older, we don't want there to be many differences between the two. Buttons all in the same place; actions pretty much the same. We don't need any confusion if the moment of need should ever force itself upon us.

So, far it seems that S&W are in the front running. This seems like what we might purchase:
    S&W P 22
    S&W Performance 9 Shield EZ

However, we are not totally focused on S&W. We've also considered Walther and Rugar as well.
    Now this is an outstanding introduction post.
    It tells us a lot about you and your mindset.
    You are more than welcome here, but beware, there is more information on this one site than most can digest.

This is predominantly a gun discussion website, but it is much more than that.
    We have a knowledge base here that will bogle your mind.
    Have a question about automobiles, or gardening?
    Maybe you need information on how to fix your own leaky pipes, or check an electrical system.
    Animal husbandry...

I'm serious, if you have a question, don't be shy about asking.
    If you need help with a firearm issue, or need a recipe for dinner, it's all here.

This is an amazing collection of mostly like-minded folks who are eager to help.

Welcome to Ingo, and please consider asking the wife to start her own account.
    We welcome women's perspectives.

Piezak

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2024
    Mooresville, IN
    Can you share examples?
    Every forum page that I go to has a box at the top (in post #1) with typical artwork of an ad. If you mouse over the ad, it has a link associated with it; haven't clicked one. Each top of each new page seems to have the same thing.
    Some examples (at least that I see) ...

Some of the ads say:
    The Hunt 2024
    DK Firearms
    Edged Tools
    AE Ammo
    True Manufacturing

Each of these seem to be firearm or defense or hunting related. Are you sure that your site isn't installing these? I haven't tried yet, but I could attempt at blocking them.

Piezak

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2024
    Mooresville, IN
    Can you share examples?
    Here is what adblock is showing me (at lease on a few I checked) ...
    ||indianagunowners.com/data/siropu/aml/16477796c5b7f4.gif
    ||indianagunowners.com/data/siropu/aml/164f2540a5c670.jpg
    ||indianagunowners.com/data/siropu/aml/164ba90a91c071.png
    ||indianagunowners.com/data/siropu/aml/164bdeb6aa0085.jpg
    ||indianagunowners.com/data/siropu/aml/1655ff743f07b0.jpg

Piezak

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2024
    Mooresville, IN
    Welcome from the staff.

What you described isnt something our software does. Could you have accidentally pasted the URL in?

I deleted the URL for you.

Hard to say.
    Had your system checked for spyware or adware? Download the free version of malwarebytes and do a manual scan, just to be sure. The free version will allow you to scan and remove harmful stuff your antivirus missed. It just wont protect you automatically.

EDIT: Ive been here for almost 11 years. First I have heard of links getting injected into posts.
    The URL between my first post #1 sentance and Cheers was put there by me. That was a YouTube of an old music video. That was Kosher. What I am questioning are the ads that appear with their own artwork and seem to be swapped with other ads as time goes on.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Here is what adblock is showing me (at lease on a few I checked) ...
    ||indianagunowners.com/data/siropu/aml/16477796c5b7f4.gif
    ||indianagunowners.com/data/siropu/aml/164f2540a5c670.jpg
    ||indianagunowners.com/data/siropu/aml/164ba90a91c071.png
    ||indianagunowners.com/data/siropu/aml/164bdeb6aa0085.jpg
    ||indianagunowners.com/data/siropu/aml/1655ff743f07b0.jpg
    I have clicked most of those. I see no links. So I suspect it is your PC.

Can you use the snipping tool and share a screen grab OF THIS SAME POST?
    This is what I see on one of them. And there is no rogue link.
    nolink.JPG

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The URL between my first post #1 sentance and Cheers was put there by me. That was a YouTube of an old music video. That was Kosher. What I am questioning are the ads that appear with their own artwork and seem to be swapped with other ads as time goes on.

Wait. What? Whatever you are seeing is on your PC. You've got something going on on your end.

Not sure what to tell you.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Hello n Welcome.

Hope you get it figured out, going on my third I-pad never had any adds…..while logged on.

Again Welcome, :welcome:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom