Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The URL between my first post #1 sentance and Cheers was put there by me. That was a YouTube of an old music video. That was Kosher. What I am questioning are the ads that appear with their own artwork and seem to be swapped with other ads as time goes on.
    I figured it out.

Thats normal for a free account to see those ads in the first post (and the row of them below the first post). If you want fewer ads, you can pay to be a site supporter ($20/year) to help support the board and those go away. (along with the row of ads below the first post.)

Honestly, Ive been a site supporter so long I forgot those ads were there for the free users. I had to sign in with my non-admin test account to see them.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    I figured it out.

Thats normal for a free account to see those ads in the first post (and the row of them below the first post). If you want fewer ads, you can pay to be a site supporter ($20/year) to help support the board and those go away. (along with the row of ads below the first post.)

Honestly, Ive been a site supporter so long I forgot those ads were there for the free users. I had to sign in with my non-admin test account to see them.
    I suspected the same thing. I use Brave browser, so I don't see ads signed in or when I'm lurking. However when I need to check something on my phone when I'm away from my computer, there are a buttload of ads. Mostly those being the "stick a pencil in your ear to get better hearing" sort :rolleyes:.

Piezak

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2024
    Mooresville, IN
    Can you share examples?
    Here are examples of ads which are appearing on my computers.

IndianaGunOwners Ad 1
    IndianaGunOwners Ad 2

First thing I shut down my computer, removed the OS disk and inserted the Linux disk; booted to Linux ... Ads stilll show up utilizing Firefox.

Second, I shut down my computer, left it off and booted a laptop which is well protected and not frequently used ... Ads still show up; again with Firefox.

That's three unique boot instances on two different computers.

All the ads are of the gun, knife, gun repair, hunting genre.

If I'm the only one seeing these, I will just block them until I've exhausted all the images. There can't be that many.

Piezak

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2024
    Mooresville, IN
    I figured it out.

I belive you are correct. I've blocked a number of them now.

So, now, having been attacked in the court of public shame that "Your computer is bad". How will I ever raise my feeble head again in this public forum!?!?

So, now another question. You take money from your advertizing supporters and then turn around a take money from private individuals to hide the content of paying advertizers; I wonder how they feel about that?

R3p1lc3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2024
    English
    Welcome from the staff.

What you described isnt something our software does. Could you have accidentally pasted the URL in?

I deleted the URL for you.

Hard to say.
    Had your system checked for spyware or adware? Download the free version of malwarebytes and do a manual scan, just to be sure. The free version will allow you to scan and remove harmful stuff your antivirus missed. It just wont protect you automatically.

EDIT: Ive been here for almost 11 years. First I have heard of links getting injected into posts.
    Every OP I'have had since joining this site has had an add in it.. I figured it was site revenue.. I'm very unlikely to have malware on my fresh Ubuntu install using chrome.

TO OP:
    I think the M&P line you have picked would be great. Seems like your off to a great start on your firearm ownership.
    That being said, there is no substitute for getting them in your hands and shooting with them if at all possible before purchase.

edit: yeah it's still there (AD)
    screenshot

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    7cf18e96c6fa302142a818d0eb818aeb4e60235b9f07c4e23bbc03738a777d85.jpg

• Haha
    Reactions: Mij

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

So, now, having been attacked in the court of public shame that "Your computer is bad". How will I ever raise my feeble head again in this public forum!?!?

So, now another question. You take money from your advertizing supporters and then turn around a take money from private individuals to hide the content of paying advertizers; I wonder how they feel about that?
    I’ll be honest. You need thick skin to get along well here. If you let something minor like that misunderstanding get to you, you won’t last long.

Misunderstandings happen. What’s done is done. Move on and enjoy yourself.

Reactions: Mij

R3p1lc3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2024
    English

My short time here I see usually a 1:4 ratio of members/guests, I'd say they give no F's /shrug

Piezak

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2024
    Mooresville, IN
    Welcome from New Haven, I am our resident machinist and high power rifle competitor.....hope you like it around here, you will find most of the people are insane but not crazy

Aaron
    Aaron, I appreciate the offer. You are however, fairly far from Mooresville. Is there someone closer with a small to medium lathe? I have a two piece turning job. PM me if you want details. Motorcycle parts ...
    Thanks!

Piezak

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2024
    Mooresville, IN
    TO OP:
    I think the M&P line you have picked would be great. Seems like your off to a great start on your firearm ownership.
    That being said, there is no substitute for getting them in your hands and shooting with them if at all possible before purchase.
    We've rented them twice now at Parabellum. They seem like reliable firearms. I just wish they had at least a 4 inch barrel and 12 round clips each. But, that is mainly just because of what we've been practicing with.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom