• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Gotta stay with P89. Everytime I think I'm going to trade it in, I look at it, pick it up, and I just can't let it go...I have had a Glock 17. Tried a Taurus but I can't remember anything else.
    What about an AB-10? JK....:dunno:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    1. M&P
    2. Glock 17
    3. Glock 19
    4. Sig p226 navy
    5. Hk p30L
    6 hk p2000
    7. Sig p229
    8. Beretta m9
    9. Browning hi-power
    10. Pap m92

Sig 226
    Sig 228
    Glock 19
    Glock 17
    Beretta 92

My top 5

Any list that doesn't have at least one CZ product on it is just plain wrong.

The CZ-75 will eat the Beretta 92/M9 for breakfast and will be looking really hard at the Glock and Sigs come lunch time.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    1. Glock 19
    2. Glock 26
    3. Springfield XDm 3.8
    4. Springfield EMP 9mm
    5. Ruger SP101 3" 9mm
    6. Sig Sauer P226
    7. H&K 2000
    8. Ruger SR9
    9. Beretta 92
    10. S&W M&P 9c

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I'll take a stab just for fun... but honestly I'm no expert in all of these guns.

1. CZ SP01
    2. Browning HiPower
    3. Sig 226
    4. Glock 19
    5. CZ75b
    7. Beretta 92
    8. HK USP
    9. Glock 26
    10. S&W MP

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    1. M&P Pro
    2. H&K USP with LEM trigger
    3. Glock 19
    4. STI 2011 model
    5. Sig P226
    6. CZ75
    7. Hi Power
    8. Beretta 92
    9. H&K P2000
    10. Baby Eagle

MordecuS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Mooresville
    I only feel comfortable speaking to what I've shot over the years, but here's my take on the question at hand.

1. CZ75
    2. Browning Hi Power
    3. CZ75D Compact
    4. Taurus PT92
    5. Taurus PT111
    6. Beretta M9
    7. ...
    8. ...
    9. ...
    10. ...

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm ranking by what I've shot. Even then, I'm limiting it to only what qualifies a 'top shelf'.

1. CZ 75 Compact
    2. CZ 75 (B or pre-B)
    3. Browning Hi Power
    7. Bersa Thunder 9UC Compact
    10. Sig P6

Nothing else really impressed me much. I'm sure there are pistols better than the Bersa, but it deserves a place on the list for cost/quality/reliability reasons.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Wow Can't believe I missed this thread, as long as it has been around. But I also can't believe that the Ruger P89 series was only mentioned on a couple of lists! I have a P95 DC (basicly in the same family) and like one member said they are tanks! Like everything else made by Bill Ruger's company it is rugged reliable and hard to break. They may not be pretty to everyone and are a bit on the large size but it just has to be somewhere on everyone's top ten list of 9mm's.

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    I wish to update my list. If you were going to build a collection of the "best" 9mm pistols, then here's my opinion. I will admit that some of these I am biased, but I don't think you won't argue too much with any of this pistols.

So here is my list of the[STRIKE] Top 10[/STRIKE], no Top 9 9mm pistols in alphabetical order:

Note: I don't put to much weight on one variant of a pistol or another. When I suggest CZ 75, then it could be whichever variant you/I like. :)

Last edited:

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Walther is definitely NOT owned by Smith and Wesson and S&W no longer imports the Walther firearms made in Germany since the beginning of this year. S&W had import rights and S&W made a PPK here in the states. Other than that, they are two completely separate companies.

Walther has their own spot (in Missouri, I think..) now and imports their guns essentially to themselves.

With that out of the way...no doubt, the PPQ is one of the finest guns I own. It just survived a 20 hour Fortress Defense Consultants 700 round course, without it being cleaned and we opened her up and buried it in wet sand, slide locked open...including the magazine (which was out of the gun)...tossed the mag back in her and she functioned like a champ. Still have yet to clean it out. Only shook out the excess sand. A true modern combat handgun, no doubt. Glad someone finally mentioned it as they weren't made when the list first came out. Only thing I didn't like about mine were the stock sights, put Dawsons on it and they are fantastic.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Walther is definitely NOT owned by Smith and Wesson and S&W no longer imports the Walther firearms made in Germany since the beginning of this year. S&W had import rights and S&W made a PPK here in the states. Other than that, they are two completely separate companies.

Walther has their own spot (in Missouri, I think..) now and imports their guns essentially to themselves.

With that out of the way...no doubt, the PPQ is one of the finest guns I own. It just survived a 20 hour Fortress Defense Consultants 700 round course, without it being cleaned and we opened her up and buried it in wet sand, slide locked open...including the magazine (which was out of the gun)...tossed the mag back in her and she functioned like a champ. Still have yet to clean it out. Only shook out the excess sand. A true modern combat handgun, no doubt. Glad someone finally mentioned it as they weren't made when the list first came out. Only thing I didn't like about mine were the stock sights, put Dawsons on it and they are fantastic.

The PPQ never caught my interest until the M2 version was made available. Now it is definitely on my short list of wants. It is extremely comfortable in hand. Dare I say more comfortable than my P-01? No no, I wont say that without shooting one. It is hard to know everything about a trigger just from dry firing, but it feels awesome. Much better than the M&P or Glock or really any other striker I have felt.

It is indeed a world class pistol but the paddle mag release is a deal breaker for me. I HATE them can't get used to it and don't care to try. The M2 fixed that problem. Now I want one.

Anyway My top ten in order of my preference.

1) CZ P-01 (my EDC)

2) Sig P228

3) Glock 19/17

4) S&W M&P

5) CZ 2075 RAMI

6) Ruger SR9c

7) Walther P-38 ( the first 9mm pistol I ever shot was a WWII bring back)

8) Ruger P89 because it is a tank of a pistol

9) Beretta M9 just because it is America's service pistol it deserves a place on the list.

10) Walther PPQ M2 gets honorable mention even though I have never fired one. It may move higher on the list if I get the chance to shoot one.

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood

Thank you for the clarification Smokin. I will remove that from my post.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    1.) Sig P226 (any model)
    2.) Sig P229 (again... any model)
    3.) H&K USP (4.25")
    4.) Beretta M9
    5.) CZ SP-01 Tactical
    6.) CZ 75 B
    7.)FN HP MKIII
    8.)Walther PPQ
    9.)FN FNX-9
    10.) XDm 4.5"

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    My favorite

Small
    CZ Rami
    G26
    Kahr CM9

Medium
    H&K P2000
    G19
    Beretta PX4

Large
    Springfield XDM Comp

Not quite 10, but guns I have owned and have found to be excellent in most ways.

Top Bottom