0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    1) M9
    2) Sig 226
    3) SA XD
    4) Glock 19
    5) CZ-75
    6) Browning Hi-Power
    7) Ruger P89 (for sheer "works everytime, for ever and ever, for about $300 goodness)
    8) The 3913 on my side. Power, reliability, control, accuracy, and a compactness and slimness that make it an unmatched sweetheart to carry. It's only fault is that it's not a revolver :D

Can't think of another two that really stand out above the others in my mind. HKs are too pricey for what you get IMHO.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    best shootin out of the box only from my personal experance.
    these are my opinions.

CZ-75 (OWN) (awsome shot placement )
    beretta 92 (shot) verry accurate
    browning hi-power (shot) very much like the CZ-75 or vise versa
    SIG (never shot) but it gets the #4 slot for not being plastic)
    xdm (friend owns & have shot)
    xd (OWN)
    M&P (OWN)
    glock (shot)
    taurus 24/7 (mom owns & shot)
    Hi-point (had it, shot it, sold it) good dependable BRICK!

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    just another revive.

Thread_Necromancy.jpg

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    agreement

i agree with the first two list but maybe put a ruger in both of them and the list would be just about perfect.maybe a kimber and springfied .45cal

stony

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Pittsboro,IN
    Beretta

1. Billienium
    2. Steel I
    3. Combat
    4. Stock
    5. Elite's
    6. Brigadier
    7. Vertec
    8. Centurion
    9. Compact Type L or M
    10. Cougar

I'll throw in an extra as I to am bias.

11. Hk P30 or USP

stmoore

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Indy
    Steel I is a great gun. As accurate as my Colt Python.... just sold mine to a friend, however.

The billie takes the cake b/c it has the traditional Beretta palm swell, while the Steel I has the straight 1911 type grip. Otherwise, it's the same gun.

Beretta

1. Billienium
    2. Steel I
    3. Combat
    4. Stock
    5. Elite's
    6. Brigadier
    7. Vertec
    8. Centurion
    9. Compact Type L or M
    10. Cougar

I'll throw in an extra as I to am bias.

11. Hk P30 or USP

stony

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Pittsboro,IN
    Steel I is a great gun. As accurate as my Colt Python.... just sold mine to a friend, however.

The billie takes the cake b/c it has the traditional Beretta palm swell, while the Steel I has the straight 1911 type grip. Otherwise, it's the same gun.

Well you let me know if your friend ever decides he wants to part with it. I've been on the hunt for a long time. Found a couple on GB but the prices were almost as much as a Billie.

stmoore

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Indy
    Put it this way. He bought it from me for what I paid --- $1,100.00.

I could have sold for a lot more, but a friend is worth more than a fist full of hundreds. We have an agreement that if he ever needs the money, it goes back to me.

9mm is a pain to find (as opposed to the 40). If I see one I will let you know.

Well you let me know if your friend ever decides he wants to part with it. I've been on the hunt for a long time. Found a couple on GB but the prices were almost as much as a Billie.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    "Top 10" in what regard? Everybody's posting lists, but few are offering explanations. My Top 10 "historical" list would be different from my Top 10 "CCW pistols" list, which would be different from my Top 10 "Favorite 9mms to shoot" or "Highest CDI factor" lists.

My thoughts:

1) Walther P38. Groundbreaking design that was ahead of its time. Pioneered many of the features we take for granted on modern DA/SA autos, and directly inspired the S&W 39 and Beretta 92.

2) Beretta 92F. Replaced the iconic M1911 in US Military service, and led the law enforcement sea change from revolvers to semi-autos. Helped inspire the trend toward higher capacity semi-autos in the commercial market as well.

3) Glock 17. Brought polymer technology into the mainstream, and helped inspire the trend toward higher capacity semi-autos in the commercial market, along with the 92. Set the bar for simplicity, reliability/durability and ease of maintenance in a duty or carry pistol.

4) Browning High Power. A classic. Combined excellent ergonomics with a high magazine capacity (for its day) and good looks.

5) CZ-75. Combined ergonomics, accuracy, reliability/durability, capacity and looks. Has spawned countless variations and clones. Not bad for a commie design, eh?

6) Glock 26. Took everything good about the Glock 17 and crams it into as small a package as possible. One of the first pistols to be designed with the then-required 10rd capacity limit in mind (read, size/capacity efficiency), and with an eye toward exploiting the wave of concealed carry laws that have passed around the country in the last decade.

7) Kahr PM9. About as small and light as you can go in a 9mm and still be reliable, available and somewhat affordable. Rohrbaugh R9 need not apply. ;)

8) S&W 5906. Along with the Beretta 92 and Glock 17, it helped usher in the "wondernine" trend in the late 1980s, and it defined S&W pistol design for more than a decade.

9) S&W M&P9. Pointing the way to the future. Arguably the best of the post-Glock polymer service pistols.

10) H&K SP89. Utterly pointless and WAY overpriced, but you know you want one. Come on. :D

:+1: Missed this earlier, have to say great post.

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    Only four in my world-
    Glock 17 for being the first 9MM Glock
    Glock 19 for being the the 1911 of the 21st century
    CZ 75 for being classic
    BHP for starting it all

Top Bottom