• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If you're gonna build something that you wanna hang onto you want to start with the best quality barrel and BCG you can afford. Those are the two main features you don't wanna skimp on.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    My recommendation is to buy a factory complete upper from BCM. If you can afford a BCM lower too then buy it and there you go. If you can't then buy any other in spec lower and upgrade later.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I bought a complete upper (lightweight) the the standard hand guard and A2 front site. I bought a low pro gas block and a 15" kmr rail the UTG Pro which is a crazy nice rail for the money ($132), Leapers makes it, don't think "UTG" and some of their crap. I put a palmetto lower together with a geisslee trigger in it, and bought some things from BCM like a grip, charging handle, and stock. I got it all put together for under a grand and it's super sweet! I got some things on sale, but you could certainly do it!

A buddy of mine bought a BCM blem lower and a recce upper on thanks giving day sales and he is into a recce for under 1k! Can't beat that at all!

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    What's so special about a recce?

Mainly the fact that he got a complete BCM rifle for under 1K being the you can't beat that part I was getting at.

The recce is just a "thing" because it's a seal/crane thing... As soon as you get those things together you get nice stuff and more than that it has a cool factor for a lot of people more than you'd think... The idea is that the recce is supposed to have a better barrel than your standard rifle, and be more precise is the idea. Like a DMR that doesn't jump out at you. For the most part it's not a big deal, but for some it's like buying a mk12 or something, it's just not quite as sought after. It doesn't have a following like the mk18's do. All of that aside, every recce I've had my hands on have been very nice rifles!

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    WARNING: STRONG LANGUAGE
    [video=youtube;glk1qMbj7S0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glk1qMbj7S0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Every time I see that video, I want to shove that cigar down his throat :laugh: Maybe it's the combo of that and the generic tough guy music in the background, he's definitely trying to hard.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Nothing. It's just a 16" AR with a free float tube and typically a bit heavier profile barrel. A Recce is also typically up-fitted with a low power variable scope for longer shots than an AR with a typical red-dot.

It's just a term used by the cool kids these days for a rifle between a military carbine and a DMR/SPR.

What's so special about a recce?

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nothing. It's just a 16" AR with a free float tube and typically a bit heavier profile barrel. A Recce is also typically up-fitted with a low power variable scope for longer shots than an AR with a typical red-dot.

It's just a term used by the cool kids these days for a rifle between a military carbine and a DMR/SPR.

Kinda what I was thinking as well. Bfish made more sense when he said that his buddy got a BCM for under a g-note.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Unless it came with a Geissele or other higher end trigger, I'm fairly unimpressed with that price. I built my 16" walk around rifle with all DD, Magpul, and BCM parts with a high end trigger for just over $900. Lots of awesome deals to be had right now.

Kinda what I was thinking as well. Bfish made more sense when he said that his buddy got a BCM for under a g-note.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Unless it came with a Geissele or other higher end trigger, I'm fairly unimpressed with that price. I built my 16" walk around rifle with all DD, Magpul, and BCM parts with a high end trigger for just over $900. Lots of awesome deals to be had right now.

You did very well! Some guys just want something that's all one brand and not stuff pieced (I'm not one really). I text my buddy and ask if the under a grand included the Geissele and it did not. He has exactly $1028.50 cents after taxes shipping etc. The whole kit and caboodle that number includes a Geissele SSA or SSA-E (one of the two I can't remember, I think the E).

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Very solid if it's got an SSA or SSA-E. That'll be a very nice rifle.

You did very well! Some guys just want something that's all one brand and not stuff pieced (I'm not one really). I text my buddy and ask if the under a grand included the Geissele and it did not. He has exactly $1028.50 cents after taxes shipping etc. The whole kit and caboodle that number includes a Geissele SSA or SSA-E (one of the two I can't remember, I think the E).

Top Bottom