• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Should mention that the lower is an aluminum 80% i milled and assembled. Upper is from Phoenix tactical outa ohio.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    AR 15?! Build an AK!

*opening s**tstorm umbrella now* :cool:

I had thoughts of an ak build till i watched the videos on doing it an decided...no way.
    Now if u can find a shop that does build classes close, maybe. The cost for the jigs an such plus hardening weak points. Definitely cheaper to buy an ak

jmpupillo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    NWI
    Yeah AK building is a bit more involved... But that just equals more pride with the finished project when done!

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg

Meh, I think it a bit high myself. First off, it comes with a moe stock, which can be bought very cheap now and it doesn't list if the tube is 6061 or 7075. The QMS trigger might be a tad better than mil spec. I can barely tell any difference. So much so I threw my QMS in it the safe and installed a single stage

You can buy a complete lower for $150 with a moe stock

Last edited:

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Meh, I think it a bit high myself. First off, it comes with a moe stock, which can be bought very cheap now and it doesn't list if the tube is 6061 or 7075. The QMS trigger might be a tad better than mil spec. I can barely tell any difference. So much so I threw my QMS in it the safe and installed a single stage

You can buy a complete lower for $150 with a moe stock

So how about this:
    PSA MOE LPK w/o Fire Control Group - Black - 7241

I'll source a 7075 tube and a MOE stock, and you can make me a hell of a deal on your QMS trigger that's collecting dust in the safe? :cool:

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    I decided... going to do a build. Picked up a stripped Anderson lower & upper. Wanting to to use only parts manufactured in USA. I want quality, but also value from the parts that are less significant and ubiquitous, so I can put more into the barrel, trigger and BCG.

Does anyone know if the Anderson components (Buffer Tube Kit, Upper Parts Kit, etc) are manufactured in USA?

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Ive not been impressed with any of the Anderson components I've bought. Fit and finish was terrible. It looked like a toddler machined the parts I bought from them and they went together poorly. Personally, I'll spend the extra $5 and buy from someone that can machine things properly.

I was considering an aero or Anderson, but high reviews on the PSA won me over. $60 plus FFL and shipping for a blimished product, most reviewers said they couldn't find the blimish...

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I run Aero receivers. They have been very nice from the examples I have. Only things I've seen on them is the annodizing having some thinner spots and the depth of the roll marks not being 100% uniform. But I am extremely picky and go over components with a fine tooth comb. I don't think most people would notice any of this.

PSA is gtg as well. Most of the blems seem to be very minor things.

I was considering an aero or Anderson, but high reviews on the PSA won me over. $60 plus FFL and shipping for a blimished product, most reviewers said they couldn't find the blimish...

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I run Aero receivers. They have been very nice from the examples I have. Only things I've seen on them is the annodizing having some thinner spots and the depth of the roll marks not being 100% uniform. But I am extremely picky and go over components with a fine tooth comb. I don't think most people would notice any of this.

PSA is gtg as well. Most of the blems seem to be very minor things.

As long as the holes are the right size and the fitment is good, I'm reasonable easystem to keep happy. Although if I can find someone that does gun coat, I may give it the desert storm look.

No purple needed. Your first build? PM me your addy and I'll ship the QMS trigger to ya on my dime. Consider it a Christmas gift. I like the spikes lpk without fcg. It's like $30 from AIM and free shipping

Yep, first ar15 build....I used to have an ar15 from a less then steller vender but since sold it long ago. Thank you for the Christmas present.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I am trying to decide how to go about this. I am wanting to TRY to stay under $1000. I haven't done a ton of reaserch yet, but I'm curious what INGO has to say about building vs buying. Can a good AR be built under 1k? Aesthetically, I just want it to be black and have a full length rail. Other than that I'm pretty open. This may sound silly to some, but I have never built a rifle before. I had an AR last year, but I wasn't too happy with it and needed some cash in my pocket so I sold it.

Ever decide if you were buying or building?

Top Bottom