• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Ordered a magpul stock on amazon on 12/29 and via USPS, it was delivered today (01/06).... to South Carolina....

WTF?!! I'm not happy!

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    They're fine rifles. But for the price you can get other rifles right now, I'd personally be looking elsewhere. They don't have mil-spec BCG's, no dust cover, no forward assist, etc... Fine for plinking, but I wouldn't trust it for anything else. They are not a GTW rifle or something I'd stake my life on. And IMHO, if I'm buying an AR, I want it to be able to be depended on.

Heck, Colt LE6920s were going for about $800, Spikes were $700, PSA Premium were ~$650, and there were uppers for dirt cheap when I was looking a few weeks back. I'd assume those deals can still be found, and I'd MUCH rather spend just a few extra dollars to upgrade to any of those over one of the S&W's.

I might do that if the wife has to have one

Last edited:

JKEdge

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    Indy
    They're fine rifles. But for the price you can get other rifles right now, I'd personally be looking elsewhere. They don't have mil-spec BCG's, no dust cover, no forward assist, etc... Fine for plinking, but I wouldn't trust it for anything else. Heck, Colt LE6920s were going for about $800, Spikes were $700, PSA Premium were ~$650, and there were uppers for dirt cheap when I was looking a few weeks back. I'd assume those deals can still be found, and I'd MUCH rather spend just a few extra dollars to upgrade to any of those over one of the S&W's.

Last I checked it's not very dusty around here...and I have yet to need the use of a forward assist. I knew this going into the purchase that I would be losing those. But for someone like me I didn't see a need for those items. The gun has performed flawlessly.

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    Following this thread. You guys are helping me answer some questions too. I'm beginning to purchase parts to try my first build, as always this is a great resource. Thanks for the list of everything I'll be needing, that's how little I know about what I need.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Following this thread. You guys are helping me answer some questions too. I'm beginning to purchase parts to try my first build, as always this is a great resource. Thanks for the list of everything I'll be needing, that's how little I know about what I need.

That's why we're here. If you have any other questions, we'll all be happy to help as much as possible.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Anybody in the Nashville/Columbus/Indy area have some tools I can borrow?

I need an ar15 armor wrench, torque wrench, dimple punch, and lower reciever vice tool to hold the reciever...

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Alternatively, if there's somebody place I can swing by to get my castle nut tightened, that is all I need for now.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I was looking at the Daniel defense 16" mid length barrels and I'm trying to figure o uh t if it would work with the 13" geissele handguard....how do I know what barrel, what gas block, and what foregrip works together?

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I was looking at the Daniel defense 16" mid length barrels and I'm trying to figure o uh t if it would work with the 13" geissele handguard....how do I know what barrel, what gas block, and what foregrip works together?

If you're talking about the MK4 or MK8 (the MLOK ones), they come with a gas block if bought from Geissele. As long as the barrel is the standard .750" OD at the gas block you're good.

As for foregrips, the world is your oyster. Magpul has MLOK AFGs and VFGs or you can grab an MLOK rail section and have whatever you want up front.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    If you're talking about the MK4 or MK8 (the MLOK ones), they come with a gas block if bought from Geissele. As long as the barrel is the standard .750" OD at the gas block you're good.

As for foregrips, the world is your oyster. Magpul has MLOK AFGs and VFGs or you can grab an MLOK rail section and have whatever you want up front.

Wasn't sure what the differences are between mk4 and mk8....but one of those aND this barrel:
    https://danieldefense.com/16-mid-length-1-7-s2w-profile.html

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Wasn't sure what the differences are between mk4 and mk8....but one of those aND this barrel:
    https://danieldefense.com/16-mid-length-1-7-s2w-profile.html
    The MK4 has fixed rail sections at 3-, 6-, and 9 o'clock and is .2oz heavier than the MK8, which has no fixed rails.

Buy that barrel, buy whichever handguard you want from Geissele so that you get the gas block with it, and buy a mid-length gas tube. Install and destroy s**t. :yesway:

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    The MK4 has fixed rail sections at 3-, 6-, and 9 o'clock and is .2oz heavier than the MK8, which has no fixed rails.

Buy that barrel, buy whichever handguard you want from Geissele so that you get the gas block with it, and buy a mid-length gas tube. Install and destroy s**t. :yesway:

Guess I need to decide on 13" or 15" for the 16" barrel

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Here is my Geissele MK4 on a Noveske SS barrel. The Geissele GB has more then enough room for the rail not to come into contact with it. The gas block seat has nothing to do with whether or not a rail will work. It has to do with the circumference inside of the rail in regards to the size of your GB that you are using. I know the Daniel Defense MK12 GB will not fit in some rails because of it's chunkier bottom portion.

attachment.php

Top Bottom